Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No longer answering these questions:

Wow! So sorry that we inconvenienced you all. Maybe I missed it but when I started on this site a month ago, I did not see a "how to" as far as asking questions. Maybe its time for some of the veterans to bow out... you have forgotten what it is like to be a newbie and to feel overwhelmed about this whole process not to mention the ton of information coming from all different sources. Some of you have forgotten what it is all about...if your bored with the questions...move along and don't waste your time. I thought it was great to be getting input from the "VIPs" and "Bariatric Legends" but I don't want a veteran who has forgotten where they came from.

Yes. You are absolutely correct. I'd suggest listening to the girl who is eating Swedish Fish at 17 days post op. They are "soft", right?

Wow! So sorry that we inconvenienced you all. Maybe I missed it but when I started on this site a month ago, I did not see a "how to" as far as asking questions. Maybe its time for some of the veterans to bow out... you have forgotten what it is like to be a newbie and to feel overwhelmed about this whole process not to mention the ton of information coming from all different sources. Some of you have forgotten what it is all about...if your bored with the questions...move along and don't waste your time. I thought it was great to be getting input from the "VIPs" and "Bariatric Legends" but I don't want a veteran who has forgotten where they came from.

Well, I've been on the World Wide Web since about 1994, and since that time forums have pretty much always functioned the exact same way.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

I've only been here for about 6 months, and I'm only 3 months post-op, but you're really on the wrong track here. When September is 6 months in your rearview mirror and you've actively participated, do me a favor and revisit this topic. I can promise you your attitude will change. There is a small handful of dedicated, seasoned and well-informed veterans on this site who tirelessly answer the SAME 20 QUESTIONS over and over and over and over and over again. They VOLUNTEER to do this. Willingly give up their own time to try to help the rest of us. So when one of them starts a thread about what she will/won't answer questions about, it's long overdue and they don't need a 2 or 3 week member, still pre-op, telling them what they should or shouldn't do. I was not a huge fan of some of the vets when I first arrived, but that's completely changed as I observe the rank stupidity they're willing to deal with day after day, solely to ensure that anyone reading doesn't take any of the rank stupidity to heart. Try dealing with the vets as carefully as you'd deal with the newbs...they deserve that and more, from all of us.

I've only been here for about 6 months, and I'm only 3 months post-op, but you're really on the wrong track here. When September is 6 months in your rearview mirror and you've actively participated, do me a favor and revisit this topic. I can promise you your attitude will change. There is a small handful of dedicated, seasoned and well-informed veterans on this site who tirelessly answer the SAME 20 QUESTIONS over and over and over and over and over again. They VOLUNTEER to do this. Willingly give up their own time to try to help the rest of us. So when one of them starts a thread about what she will/won't answer questions about, it's long overdue and they don't need a 2 or 3 week member, still pre-op, telling them what they should or shouldn't do. I was not a huge fan of some of the vets when I first arrived, but that's completely changed as I observe the rank stupidity they're willing to deal with day after day, solely to ensure that anyone reading doesn't take any of the rank stupidity to heart. Try dealing with the vets as carefully as you'd deal with the newbs...they deserve that and more, from all of us.

Nah...vets suck. They need to leave. ;)

Okay, but.....can I still have pizza 3 days post op?

Why YES, you can!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

True, but I feel bad at times that LSL gets bashed alot by saying what at least I'm thinking. And most of the time she isnt a quarter as bad as I would be. Lol

When I started this process I wanted to know everything that I could to prepare and decide if this was for me. I could never imagine doing this life altering surgery without research.

When I started I didnt even know what questions to have, thats why I stalked this forum. Started reading threads in the gastric forum from 2 years ago and just mentally compiling.

I guess that is also why I get a bug up my butt when I see the same threads.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Wait! I'm not even part of this thread!!! :D

You're a part of EVERY thread, whether you want to be, or not. Lmao

True, but I feel bad at times that LSL gets bashed alot by saying what at least I'm thinking. And most of the time she isnt a quarter as bad as I would be. Lol

When I started this process I wanted to know everything that I could to prepare and decide if this was for me. I could never imagine doing this life altering surgery without research.

When I started I didnt even know what questions to have, thats why I stalked this forum. Started reading threads in the gastric forum from 2 years ago and just mentally compiling.

I guess that is also why I get a bug up my butt when I see the same threads.

Wait! I'm not even part of this thread!!! :D

You're a part of EVERY thread, whether you want to be, or not. Lmao

RIIIIIIGHT!??!! And I suspect you didn't even like me much when you first came here. I grew on you. Like mold.

#sorrynotsorry

...I was not a huge fan of some of the vets when I first arrived...

Me. This bee-yotch is talking about ME. She loves me now, though. She really really does.
Whether she likes it ir not.

I mean, look at me with my loose skin and shitty family. How can you not???

Me. This bee-yotch is talking about ME. She loves me now, though. She really really does.

:::sigh:::: every. single. thing. is NOT about you!

But this is! hahahahahahaha....love you, Lippy ;-*

Whether she likes it ir not.

I'm just nice to her so she leaves me alone ;-)

@@ShelterDog64

YES IT IS. YES IT IS!!!!!

Okay, okay....everything is about you. I promise. Now, just sit still and let me help you slip into this very special, very long sleeved shirt. No, no, don't worry about those buckles...they're ornamental!

@@ShelterDog64

Okay, okay....everything is about you. I promise. Now, just sit still and let me help you slip into this very special, very long sleeved shirt. No, no, don't worry about those buckles...they're ornamental!

OOOOOOH! Are they silver and sparkly??

@@ShelterDog64

OOOOOOH! Are they silver and sparkly??

Yes! And they wrap around and around you, like a nice, medicated little HUG.