Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TheGh0st's Extended Tummy Tuck w/Lipo

One more positive change for me has been that I've started to exercise again. Not near as much as I could/should but it's a start. I am meeting a bandster friend Wednesday nights to walk at a local mall, last night we walked close to 4 miles in just over an hour.

I'm looking at gyms too, but have been holding back because it looks like I may be going in for another surgery soon. My right shoulder has been hurting for several months now and I've been ignoring it while I focused on the PS, hoping it would just go away. Sadly it has only gotten progressively worse. The doc & physical therapist are both fairly convinced I've torn my rotator cuff and are scheduling me for an MRI to find out for sure. Everyone, please pray I don't need surgery. I hear it is a long and painful recovery with 12 weeks of Physical Therapy. I don't know how much of that would require me to be off work but am worried about how our budget could handlen an extended leave from work. And the FMLA act that has been discussed over on LJM's thread doesn't apply to companies like mine that are under 50 employees so my work could replace me without retribution if I took time off.

Ofcourse to tell the truth, what I am most upset about is that if I have the shoulder surgery it will mean I won't be able to schedule the time off for my Breast Reduction for another year or two. I am so SICK & TIRED of using all my vacation time up for surgeries. I'd really like to be able to just go somewhere fun and enjoy this new body of mine.

Diane: I don't think you should feel like you've gained 17 pounds. Don't count what the surgeon removed, it doesn't seem fair. I also question if he reallly removed that much. Look at Nina's thread, she has a good bit of info on how much fat weighs on there. Also, when you retain Water it hides out all over your body and you did have that pitting edema. I think that you should get back on track, but the reason I think so is just so you feel better about yourself, not because of the scale. I know that I feel better when I'm doing what I think I should be doing. Does that make sense? It's like when I taught children, I never worried about their self-esteem. I worried about making them competent, because a child that is competent feels good about themselves. A child that is struggling doesn't feel good about themselves no matter how many times you tell them their wonderful. I would just keep on track and everything else will fall into place. HUGS!

Diane,

so sorry about the shoulder and the weight gain. please dont let it get to you, it sounds like you are on the right path again, you can do this!

i can relate about using vacation for surgeries. it sucks so bad, i will be using a week of vc if they dont approve the FMLA (doubt they will since i am almost positive it will be considered 'cosmetic') and i will be back to work 9 days after my tuck. that is starting to scare me.

if you want a vacation, how about a long weekend somewhere?

C

Diane,

I may be coming late into something that's already been discussed -- apologies (and I promise I'm going to get caught up on LBT this weekend!), but do you think maybe you need a fill? Don't struggle if you don't have to, you know?

Thinking good thoughts for you, Julie

Ghost, please dont beat yourself up, you have spent the last 3 months unable to exercise and, if I am honest, when I feel like crap the first thing that I want to do is eat! It is just a little hiccup compared to the huge mountain that you have already climbed.

Never underestimate how much weightgain can be caused by Water, have you tried taking diuretics?

I noticed that when they unfilled you you were at 12.5cc and now you are back up to 11, maybe you really need that extra 1.5cc?

I am sorry that your shoulder is giving you grief, I know this sounds like a batty question,but could you schedule both procedures for the same time period, obviously not in the same op, but a couple of days apart.That way you wont need 2 lots of time off sick and if you are going to be on pain meds anyway.........

Dont get down hon ((((((((hug))))))))

Nina x

Nina - You were reading my mind. If I am doomed to this shoulder surgery (I'm still praying for relief with the Physical Therapy) I was thinking I'd try to beg, bribe or blackmail the docs into agreeing to do both during the same time frame, if not the same day.

I will say now that I'm finally on some heavy duty prescription pain pills the pain is pretty much limited to only when I move my arm the wrong way, instead of the constant dull ache that was driving my crazy.

PS - Shoot where did all the cool smileys go? I had wanted to insert one of those mad face/laughing smileys on the blackmail comment.

How long will you be doing the physio for? Bet that hurt like a b*tch.

I do think that you should up your fill, if you were comfy at 12.5cc last time then that is probably what you need now.

Is your head in a better place today hon?

On a totally different note have you get any new pictures to put up,or do you want to wait until the Water has come off?(I cant help myself I love seeing piccies)

Nina x

Diane: Keep us posted!

and BTW folks, Diane looks AwESOME!!!!!!! even with her weight gain, she is still a hawtie (we have the same doc, and I just ran into here when I finally had my tiny unfill)

One more positive change for me has been that I've started to exercise again. Not near as much as I could/should but it's a start. I am meeting a bandster friend Wednesday nights to walk at a local mall, last night we walked close to 4 miles in just over an hour.

I'm looking at gyms too, but have been holding back because it looks like I may be going in for another surgery soon. My right shoulder has been hurting for several months now and I've been ignoring it while I focused on the PS, hoping it would just go away. Sadly it has only gotten progressively worse. The doc & physical therapist are both fairly convinced I've torn my rotator cuff and are scheduling me for an MRI to find out for sure. Everyone, please pray I don't need surgery. I hear it is a long and painful recovery with 12 weeks of Physical Therapy. I don't know how much of that would require me to be off work but am worried about how our budget could handlen an extended leave from work. And the FMLA act that has been discussed over on LJM's thread doesn't apply to companies like mine that are under 50 employees so my work could replace me without retribution if I took time off.

Ofcourse to tell the truth, what I am most upset about is that if I have the shoulder surgery it will mean I won't be able to schedule the time off for my Breast Reduction for another year or two. I am so SICK & TIRED of using all my vacation time up for surgeries. I'd really like to be able to just go somewhere fun and enjoy this new body of mine.

Does your right shoulder hurt, from all the left arm massaging? lol

If so, how's that left arm lookin' these days? Just hoping to cheer you up. I still have not tried it ... but if I will need shoulder surgery - I'll skip it. My shoulders are bad anyway.

Seriously.... I hope with some therapy, and no surgery you will be OK. If you require surgery, You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

My Mom has had both of hers worked on, and has very limited range of motion in both, you are much healthier, active and young.. you should be just fine even with surgery. Good luck and keep us posted. Kimberly

Kimberly

"Does your right shoulder hurt, from all the left arm massaging? lol

If so, how's that left arm lookin' these days? Just hoping to cheer you up. I still have not tried it ... but if I will need shoulder surgery - I'll skip it. My shoulders are bad anyway. "

All kidding aside it all started about 2 weeks after I started rubbing my left arm. So I have to wonder.... The physical therapist doubts it but says it is possible. He also says to quit worrying about it and just focus on making my shoulder better now. What he doesn't get is my arms are now lopsided. Because it did work. I actually managed to shrink my left arm down by nearly 3 inches compared to my right arm. But without knowing if that contributed or caused the pains in my right shoulder I've been too afraid to work on my other arm.

Seriously.... I hope with some therapy, and no surgery you will be OK. If you require surgery, You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

The therapist is still convinced I need an MRI and probably a surgery. I want the MRI too but am hoping he is wrong about the surgery. Fingers crossed it is getting a bit better. Last week the pain was so bad I had to get my doc to phone a hydrocodene (SP?) order into my pharmacy. Thursday thru Saturday I was popping 2 of them every 4 hours and still in some pain and unable to lift my right arm in a "jumping jack" motion. Sunday & Monday I was able to cut back to 1 every 6-8 hours and for the last two days I've only taken one when I wake up stiff and one at night before I go to bed in the hopes I won't wake up so stiff.

My Mom has had both of hers worked on, and has very limited range of motion in both, you are much healthier, active and young.. you should be just fine even with surgery. Good luck and keep us posted. Kimberly

If I do need surgery, the therapist is fairly certain the tear is limited to my supraspinata muscle (sp?). It is a muscle that runs on the back side of my shoulder that seems to control a very limited variety of movement. For example I could actually do that jumping jack motion I described with absolutely no pain as long as I turned my wrist to point my thumb upwards, but if I kept my palm flat and facing the floor it wouldn't budge past about 12 inches from my side. Ofcourse now that pain in that muscle is subsiding my bicep has felt like it has been constantly siezing up on me. Sometimes it feels fine, like now, then it just spasms and won't relax for the longest time no matter what I do. I think it is just complaining about having to take up so much of the slack with the other muscle not working.

I hope your arm gets to feeling better! I have arm, shoulder, and back pains myself and they are a pain! I have had and MRI done a couple of times and they come back and say "Oh, it's must be muscular!" blah blah I don't think it is and am hoping that with some of this weight off, they will find something!

Hey, when are you going to have some updated pix? I keep a close eye on your thread because you are short , as I am, and look to see what is possible after all the hard work!!

Take Care Ghostie!

Thought I ought to give everyone an update about my tummy instead of my shoulder for a change, since this is what the thread was suppose to be about. :pray2:

I plan on posting the docs 3 month follow up pics after my checkup with them on the 25th. I also had my hubby take some pre-surgery pics of me in jeans and a tight no-sleeve shirt I usually wore under other shirts. My plan was to have him take some after shots in the same outfit. Only I still haven't had him do that. I can tell you though that the top fits much better around the waist than it did before.

The swelling is still an issue for me. I don't have any more seroma's but I can definitely tell my legs and whole body are retaining more Water than normal. A week ago I peaked at 180 (7 pounds over my pre-surgery weight). I believe a good portion of that is due to the swelling but I fear the rest can only be attributed to all the Cookies, pies, icecream, chocolate, etc. etc. I ate throughout the holidays while I was still unfilled. Happily though I can report that after finally rededicating myself to the band last week I've managed to drop nearly 5 pounds and am hoping to lose those and be at my pre-surgery weight by next week.

Great to hear Diane. Its easy to stray isn't it. Glad you feeling better about things. Can't wait to see your new pics :pray2:

Good grief I have so much I want to share but am afraid to scare you all off with a novel. So I'll try to space it out a bit over several smaller posts.

Recent Weight Loss Efforts

First off for those curious how I was able to drop 4-5 pounds in just a few days keep in mind with all the swelling I still have most of it was probably Water weight. But I'm happy with what I've lost no matter where it came from. Anywho this is what I've done recently...

Last Wednesday I met with banded friend and we walked nearly 4 miles at a pretty good pace. We had some bad weather last night so my friend backed out last night. But I did manage to get some stationary bicycle & treadmill time in at the physical therapists office by showing up 20 minutes early for my appointment and using their equipment until it was my turn.

Then this Monday I started a "Say no to Carbs - 2 day challenge" with a couple other gals here on lapbandtalk and followed the following diet. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/say-no-carbs-2-day-challenge-come-join-me-48654-new/

Monday/Tuesday: 2-3 Low-Carb Slimfast, 1 Protein pudding & 1/4 Cup Cashews.

Wednesday/Thursday: 1-2 Low-Carb Slimfast, 1 Protein pudding & 1 salad (2 leaves of Romain Lettuce cut up with kitchen scissors into small pieces, 2 tablespoons Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing, 1 oz crumbled Sundried Tomato Basil flavored Feta cheese & 1/4 cup mixed nuts:sesame seeds, walnut pieces & sliced almonds)

Friday (Tomorrow): I plan on having the following: 1 Low-Carb Slimfast, 1 salad, 2 oz baked Tilapia with cajun seasonings, 2 small broccoli florets, 1 inch cube of boiled potato and possibly one protein pudding or a second Low-Carb Slimfast if I just can't resist something in the evening.

This Weekend: I'm planning on being out of town so I really don't know what I'm going to do diet wise. I may try to watch my carbs real close or I might just forget about counting carbs and eat whatever I want in moderation then repeat the whole process next week.

My sister the little Ms. Size 0! and her Deputy Sheriff husband who both have a full time careers, 3 pre-teen boys and are working on becoming a certified personal trainers in their "spare" time are on some similare regime where for 5 days they eat practically no carbs then for two days they claim they have to cheat in order for the plan to work. In thier case they are working towards building muscle not losing weight but I got to say part of me loves the idea of any diet that requires you to cheat. But on the other hand now that I've actually gone 3 days without eating "normal" meals I actually am a bit reluctant to start eating again. I'm just a bit scared of going from one extreme to another, but I do know that I can't just live like this forever.

Ghost, I am a memeber of breasthealthonline, I have access to many TT pictures and I have to say, YOURS is one of the most transformational TTs I've seen. Your surgeon must be awesome.

You look fantastic.