Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TheGh0st's Extended Tummy Tuck w/Lipo

Diane: My you were up late last night! I love corny movies and I don't think that "Faith proceeds the miracle" is corny. It's true. Belief is the first step in any change. I just went to see my band doc yesterday to try and coordinate getting a lower profile port at the same time as my TT. She didn't even know there was a lower profile port which didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but she did call the company and find out. So, she said that she has hospital privileges at the surgical center that I'm going to, but that the surgery center is not approved for the band. GRRR.:angry She is going to work on that. JulieNYC's father put in her port, so I don't know if she's feeding me a line of bull. This doc is not the doc that did my surgery, he left town and his patients were referred to this doc, whom I've seen only 3 times for fills. Anyway it may work out. I'm digressing, because what I wanted to ask you is about your fill level. My band doc said not to take out any of the fill when I have my TT. If it's good leave it be. I remember that you went back and forth on this subject and I'm wondering if you would take some out again or have left it in? You know at this point, I feel like I could control myself, but time after time, I read on here where people have an unfill and gain weight. I think we underestimate the power of our band. Anyway, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Personally I still would have taken out some fill though maybe not as much as I did. The office only wanted to take 1cc out and I opted for 2.5cc when she told me that she had been able to pull out just over 12cc's in my 10cc band. But then again I was really struggling with being filled too tightly at the time. I had acid reflux something terrible and had just been dragging my feet on getting the unfill I knew I needed.

I guess my non-medical advice would be that if you are comfortable that you could easily get in for an emergency unfill at anytime of day/night if you were to have a problem post surgery then I'd agree with the reccomendation you got to leave well enough alone. If however, you are somewhere that it is difficult to get in without a long drive or wait then you might consider a small unfill as a precaution.

Speaking of unfills TracyinKS where are you? It was good to see you at the doc's office the other day. Are you feeling any better? How has the unfill gone?

Hi Ghost,

How are you feeling now? Have you got your head around the new you yet? It must be so liberating!

I read earlier in the thread that you were having problems with swelling, is that all sorted out now?

Are you planning to lose more weight or are you happy where you are? I must admit one of my main hopes with the band as much as the weight loss is that it will stop me putting it all back on again!

Do you have any new piccies? I know that sometimes it can take a few months before you get to see the end result.

Keep us updated :(

Nina x

Good questions. I have been wondering about fill levels for surgery as well. I am thinking of calling my Dr to see what he says.

my LB surgeon just said complete unfill for me ...:cry

not sure if i am going to do that though ...

Mine told me that was only necessary if you throw up alot. I don't think I will, but then again who knows with me. I am as nutty as a fruitcake...lol..

I asked two local docs. The one that banded me and the one I see for fills. One said no unfill was necessary before the surgery. He thought it would be better to wait and get an unfill after the surgery only if necessary. The other doc suggested a small unfill before surgery as a precaution. I chose the unfill mainly because I knew I was already too tight and had been struggling with the fact I already needed an unfill. When they did the unfill they pulled 12.5cc out of my "10cc" band and put 10cc's back in. Last week they put another 1cc back so I'm now up to 11cc's.

Mine told me that was only necessary if you throw up alot. I don't think I will, but then again who knows with me. I am as nutty as a fruitcake...lol..

one hot fruitcake then ... :eek:

BooBooKitty: Are you going for plastics too?

Yes I am! I was supposed to go in December but the schedualer screwed me over. SO now it will be May when my classes end!

Hey, Ghost.....

How many weeks now since your surgery and are you feeling back to 'normal'?

I am watching everbodies progress and am curious.

Thanks in advance

It has been 3 months since yesterday. And, yes I do feel back to normal I suppose. I haven't been too active on this thread as I'm a bit disappointed/disgusted with myself right now. Despite the surgery removing 10 pounds from me I am now up 7 pounds from my pre-surgery weight. That makes a total weight gain of 17 pounds! Yes I know there is some swelling. Yes my swellling though not painful or uncomfortable in any way does seem to be more than most people. But I just can't believe that all 17 pounds are from the swelling. Especially considering the VERY poor food choices I've been making.

I am still very happy with how my stomach is looking. And I do think I've turned a corner with the food. Both yesterday and today so far I've been following the high Protein low carb regime very well. Let's hope it is a trend.

No matter how my resolve stands up with food I will post an updated photo for everyone to see at the end of the month when I have my official 3 month follow up appointment with the PS.