Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TheGh0st's Extended Tummy Tuck w/Lipo

Opinions Please!!!

I need help! I braved an ice storm and went to a local band-support group this weekend. They had a guest speaker in to talk about compression garments and I really wanted to see what she had to say. Low and behold I won the door prize which was that I could pick any one item out of their catalog for free. No matter what the price.

Now my dillema. I only have the one girdle like Spanx that I've been hand washing several times a week so having a second garment would be great right now while I'm having to wear one 24/7. BUT my MIL has probably bought me one for Christmas and I don't really need 3. So here are links to the 2 I've narrowed it down to.

Full body suit arms, legs, the whole works: I like this as it can be custom made to my size and it would cover my stomach and inner thigh as needed by surgery as well as help with my upper back fat issues I have from my large chest. But I worry it might be overkill and difficult to get in and out of to do things like go to the bathroom with out fully undressing each time.

Style 28S - Mid Calf Body Shaper with Sleeves by Silhouette

I'm sort of leaning towards this one as it would address the back fat and flabby arms and could be worn in addition to the Spanx girdle I already have for my stomach. That might make it a bit easier to go to the bathroom.

Style 24VS - Vest with Sleeves by Silhouette

I really would like some input.

PS - if by some chance anyone sees these links and thinks they are interested in buying something for themselves. I'm told there is suppose to be a link thru from another site that will give you access to a 20%-25% discount on most items. I can track down that link if anyone needs me to, but I don't know it off hand.

I like your idea of the vest thing. It looks more comfortable to me. The other one looks well, just hard.....lol!

Congratulations and thanks for the link. I see something I might like if and when I get my TT.

Diane it was good to meet you face to face! why don't you get the one she was showing but having the zipper redone, since it is free anyway :(

Hey there Tracy. It was GREAT to finally meet you as well. She had two she showed as I remember. Do you mean the one that came with the built in bra? I'm so confused right now.

But I'm leaning towards one that covers my arms (at least to the elbows) and the annoying back fat bulge that I have around the bra line area. Actually my back doesn't look that bad without clothing but once I put on a bra and the dreaded Spanx girdle then I feel all lumpy in the back.

I vote for the mid-calf body shaper. It will give you the compression you need for the abdomen and smooth out the entire body. And you can wear it while the girdle is being washed. (I'm thinking of getting the vest to help the recovery from my brachioplasty.)

And go make that appointment with your GP, internist, or OB/GYN. It's very uncomfortable to be bloated. I suspect your plastic surgeon doesn't want to prescribe diuretics because they can cause an imbalance in electrolytes. Your GP would have better knowledge of your overall health and would probably feel more comfortable prescribing them.

The vest looks more comfortable but the full body one would look great with some new small clothes! Btw... i have read your whole thread and thank you so much for sharing. Can't wait to see your pictures once you are all recovered!

Hi

I saw your pre-op pics...was wondering if you had any post op pics to show off your new body!!!

Good luck to you, Im sure you look amazing! Im having my band on 1-16-08, I cant wait and I bet I will also need a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

I too am self pay ;) Oh well I know it will be the best investment in my health and self ever!

Kat

I haven't got any new photo's I can upload with me fully dressed but if you go to page 9 you can see before and afters of me in my briefs.

Diane: The full body suit looks like it would get every area. I wouldn't get the vest unless you'd be saving it for breast reduction surgery. It doesn't look like it would help you in the areas you want support in. If you just want a smooth look than I guess it would help with that.

I have one Spanx girdle that goes high enough up my waist it actually tucks under my bra all the way around. And I'm running on the assumption that my MIL will be getting me a second one for Christmas which is why I'm reluctant to get another girdle type garment.

I am also planning on having the breast reduction surgery next year sometime. To take me from an F-cup to a small D. So assuming it has enough strech to it I could use the vest garment after that surgery as well. They said in the meeting that the full body shaper really doesn't do much for supporting the chest and that most women find they still have to wear a bra with it.

I guess the more I type, the more I'm convinced I should go with the vest. I can use my Spanx outfits for the bottom half and the vest for my top half. The upside should be that it would be easier to get in and out of when necessary in the bathroom. The downsides would be that the Spanx I have only goes about 2/3rds the way down my thighs and sometimes you can see a hem line on my thighs through my jeans with it, plus there may be some small seam line going around my waist where the two overlap each other that might show in a one piece dress (that I don't even own at the moment).

Shoot after typing the above it almost sounds like the two piece option isn't as good but then again not having to complete undress when nature calls still trumps a few potential "panty" line marks. I'm too afraid that if I got the one piece I would only wear it on rare occasions when what I want is something that can help me on a more daily basis.

UHGHHH!!!!! Where is the icon that shows my head spinning?

Vest Pro's

- Easier when "Nature Calls"

- Easier to put on (i.e. would wear more frequently)

Vest Con's

- "Panty Lines" around waist where it overlaps the Spanx and additional lines around legs from current Spanx.

Body Shaper Pro's

- Would have no "Panty Lines"

- Would cover legs better

- Is more expensive and therefore a "Bigger" Prize since they said I could pick any outfit out of the catalog for free regardless of cost.

Body Shaper Con's

- A Bear to get in and out of (Especially in public restrooms)

OK I think I've got it!!! The door prize allowed me to pick any one item for free no matter the cost. So with the Full Body Shaper being the more expensive item I'll ask for that one as my "Prize" then I'll purchase the vest out of my own pocket.

The reason I want both is that The Full Body Shaper will probably give me the smoothest "Panty Line Free" shape for special outfits and occasions but as BooBoo said be an absolute bear on those occasions when nature calls (especially in public restrooms). The vest on the other hand can be used daily tol give me a smoother look in the back while still being relatively easy for me to get in/out of the bottom half for those times nature calls.

Now to get my measurements and call them. I'll keep you all posted on how I like them.

Sorry for such a long stream of conscious post but it really helped to put my thoughts in writing.

Wow Diane,

What an improvement...Im glad I saw the pics...Thanks.

DO you plan on taking any current ones, clothed or in briefs to show how you look after the swelling goes down>

I hope so!

Kat

I have no idea what these garments are or what they are like but can you cut the crotch out of it for bathroom use? Just a thought

I have no idea what these garments are or what they are like but can you cut the crotch out of it for bathroom use? Just a thought

Both the Spanx and the Body Shaper have an open crotch. Still, the opening doesn't extend far enough back for all bathroom needs, if you know what I mean. Its not that big a deal to pull the Spanx girdle down and back up when needed during a long day at work but the body shaper looks like you would have to complete undress for some restroom needs, making it something I would probably only wear out for a few hours at a time not an entire day.

Diane: Did you decide??? Also, I wanted to thank you for enlightening my bud "B" that I had with me at the meeting.....

She had never heard of the seroma and a few minutes ago she emailed me saying that her doc had just removed 550cc's of Fluid from it! WOW!!!!!! she says she feels much better, and to thank you.