Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Hi everyone, im 8 days out of surgery and starting to feel HUNGRY for real food... thought I was doing well but the SMELLS are killing me. Just feel like locking myself up at times lol... hubby has been real good and waiting for me to go to work until he cooks his steak! I know not long to go to the mushy stage and most of the time its ok, but when I walk outside in the evening and everyone has their BBQ's going, I am so sure they are doing it to tease me...

No pain, no more gas and physically feeling fantastic. Good luck everyone, I know we can all do it. Thank goodness for this encoraging site!

Hey you! hang in there. you are moving to mushies soon. It wouldn't hurt if you started a day earlier but if you do; get something really smooth like "Farina"; and use some Carnation Milk (the evaporated kind, fat free); some Cinamon and Splenda.... mmmmmmm so good! and very filling. For me - the hard part is not drinking at the same time as I'm eating. that is tough. and I miss my coca cola! I love coca cola. I don't want to think about it; makes me want to cry!

/nilsa

Thanks Nilsa, I used to be a coke freak but thank goodness I stopped that years ago or else I know I would be in major trouble lol. Well after writing my post I had three fritos with bean dip and chewed chewed chewed until nothing, then added some Water and WA LA it was fritos Soup in my mouth!! omg tasted so good, I fiqure that was my treat. So now I must behave again..

Im feeling pretty good. The port incision is a little sore, but that could be because I am over doing it. Im starving, and I would kill for a nice full chimichanga. But jell-o will have to do :rolleyes:

Hi All~

Tuesday is my "weigh day". I'm down 2.8 lbs this week for a total of 20.8. YAY! The first week after surgery was a bit of a shocker. I lost 9 lbs, but I'm sure it was due to not taking in a whole lot. I'm still not eating much at a time, but I'm eating every 3 hours as instructed by the dietician. I need to increase my Protein though, I'm still feeling like I don't have as much energy as normal (which is to be expected for awhile, I guess). Still on full liquids for 1 more week, then on to purees (yum!).

*hugs* Have a great rest of the week!

banded 8/14/07

236.8 preop weight

216 current weight

130 goal

weight.png

Hey thanks. I got my new digital scale today that goes up to 440LBS.

I got it off ebay for yes.......$1 Shipping was like $17. It actually works though (Thank God).

Read my wifes weight correctly too.

Been exercising 6 days a week at the pool and really watching my calories on Fitday.com

Hi everyone,

Sounds like most of you are doing terrific. I was banded yesterday. Today the gas is in my chest and really bothering me. I couldn't tell if it was gas or reflux. I have never had reflux. How did you feel on day 2? Any gas issues? i have been walking it out. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Jody from Jersey

I had three fritos with bean dip and chewed chewed chewed until nothing, then added some Water and WA LA it was fritos Soup in my mouth!! omg tasted so good,

I've been doing that, too. Not Fritos, but fish, broccoli, a shrimp here, a bite of mashed potatoes here. I've not been cleared to go to 'mushies' yet, but time I get through chewing, chewing, chewing it with a teeny sip of something, it's Soup consistency.

But, the scales have stopped moving down -- so I hope I haven't hurried myself into Bandster Hell even earlier than to be expected.

Still---my portions are WAY, WAY down. So, they'll start moving again, I just know it. But I have these momentary panics -- like when I'm in the closet picking out what to wear -- I have this overwhelming feeling that nothing will ever change, that I'll be wearing the same sizes forever and that I'm just seriously deluded to think otherwise.

I've already lined up a counselor. I had a real reality check last Thursday -- I don't think I've posted about it yet.....

I found myself in a frustrating position where I was pretty much at the mercy of others and couldn't do anything to change the outcome --cryptic, I know, but not worth the typing it would take to lay it all out.

I called my husband to unload on him and he took it well -- appropriately parrotting pre-approved responses...."Yes, that IS awful." "I'm sorry you're going through that." "People are so inconsiderate." (Do I have him trained well or what? Its only taken 28 years!) And finally ending with "Is there anything I can do to make it better?"

"No," I told him, "I just needed to rant. Thanks."

And I hung up and my first thought -- I was across town -- was, when they're done in that office, we should just go get something to eat!!! OR, I'll just wait and have him take me out alone when he gets home. That set off a whole new rant and flood of tears, only this one directed at ME!! I realized, I don't know another coping skill -- another SOOTHING technique for when I'm coming down from a high-stress moment.

This has GOT to change, because my highly-sanguine and uber-chaotic family is FULL of high-stress moments. We shed them like dandruff!!!!

Anyhow -- sorry to sidetrack a thread....

I had panicked and posted this earlier:

Someone please help me! I am concerned I have a band slip. I have not eaten

anything I should not have, still on liquids unless I've loaded up on liquids

too quickly. I'm not sure but I think my port in the middle. It looks like a

hole is there (as I change out the bandages each day--no the ones from the

hospital lasted 1 shower). On my right side, I feel something moving and it is

hard to touch when you put your hand on it. My stomach is bloated so much still.

It's not painful, just a funny feeling as if something is moving and if I sit it

feels like something will "fold" over in that area. I have a appt tomorrow at

9:45 and hope I can hold out until then (without panicking). Has anyone had this

feeling? Please advise.

As far as being good, I have been and proud for that. The only cheating I've done was to lick my hand after sticking it in a chicken/broccoli casserole on Sunday to see if it was seasoned and on today, I stuck my hand in a bowl of instant cheese grits to taste to make sure they weren't too hot for my granddaughter. I've been getting in all of my liquids even keeping a cup of crushed ice near my bed and sipping throughout the night (I have a dry itcy cough sometimes and this soothes it). I'm not freaking out as much but I tell you I feel something so weird under my right breat and it moves! It doesn't hurt but feels very funny!

As far as weight, I'm praying that I've lost a few at least since I've been on nothing but liquids now for one week when you include the 2 day pre-op. If I was to tell by a favorite pair of jeans I wear, I'd be very dissappointed. I can't even bottom them and trying to figure out what I will wear when I go back to work Thursday that's not too tight.

Congratulations to all of you on your successes so far!

Rumar

Hi Everyone,

It's been 7 days since my surgery (8/21) and I finally got to start on FULL LIQUIDS today! Yippee!!! :biggrin1: I was getting soooo tired of chicken broth and those Isopure bottled clear Protein drinks. The flavors I tried (Icy Orange and Blue Raspberry) are gross. :sick I cut it in half 10oz. and added the same amount of Water and still couldn't tolerate it. I haven't been nauseous at all, thank goodness!

The gas pains have basically subsided, except after sipping on something for a little bit (water, chicken broth, crystal light, etc) I get this tightening feeling in the middle of my chest (like indigestion) and feel like I need to burp. Eventually, I do burp without any warning. Has anyone else had this? It feels like my band is tight but, maybe it's still swollen around it. Luckily, I'm not hungry at all. We'll see how much longer that will last. My incisions I think are doing pretty well. I still have a little discomfort near/below my port incision when I try to lay on my right side. Kind of like someone is pinching my skin. OUCH!:rolleyes:

I get to move onto pureed foods as of 9/4! Not sure yet how I feel about pureeing chicken or turkey or fish. Maybe I'll just get some canned crab meat and canned chicken and mix each of them up with a little light mayo. Kind of like a chicken salad or a seafood salad. We'll see.:phanvan Other than that I feel pretty good. :lol:

Hi all, I'm still sore near my port site. Otherwise i'm doing

great. Very happy. I had surgery on the 9th, as of the 23

I lost 11 lbs. My scale is not working so i'm not sure how

much more I have lost.

Maybe I'll just get some canned crab meat and canned chicken and mix each of them up with a little light mayo. Kind of like a chicken salad or a seafood salad. We'll see.:phanvan Other than that I feel pretty good. :rolleyes:

I had that burping thing, too, for a while, but it passes.

I bought some Underwood Deviled Chicken, grated a boiled egg really fine, added a touch of mayo and made a pretty tasty little chicken salad. Set mine aside and then added a little dill relish for DH. We bough enjoyed that!

I had that sudden burping also. Was kind of embarrassing, but it has gone away. I was advised to use Gas-X strips and they are working really well. I was told yesterday I could have "canned" meats; i.e., fish, chicken, Vienna Sausages..... yeah I don't know about that last one. I am not a Vienna Sausage fan, but hey, it is an allowed food so maybe I will have to try it. I am allowed only 1/2 cup every meal with no restriction yet, and last night I could not finish my first 1/2 cup of tuna. Nana, I did not think of adding the egg to it. That will be great for dinner tonight.

Thanks to everyone who inputs on this site. It is very helpful and since as individuals we all think differenty, we give others more ideas. Kind of like "thinking outside the box", which I am not very good at.

I had that sudden burping also. Was kind of embarrassing, but it has gone away. I was advised to use Gas-X strips and they are working really well. I was told yesterday I could have "canned" meats; i.e., fish, chicken, Vienna Sausages..... yeah I don't know about that last one. I am not a Vienna Sausage fan, but hey, it is an allowed food so maybe I will have to try it. I am allowed only 1/2 cup every meal with no restriction yet, and last night I could not finish my first 1/2 cup of tuna. Nana, I did not think of adding the egg to it. That will be great for dinner tonight.

Thanks to everyone who inputs on this site. It is very helpful and since as individuals we all think differenty, we give others more ideas. Kind of like "thinking outside the box", which I am not very good at.

i know what you mean. i also had that and used gas-x & it helped. i go back to work tomarrow and am alittle concerned about the gas thing. i have been eating mashed potatoes w/gravy egg drop Soup, yougert . tuna & meats sound great! they also have chicken spread which looks like is pureed with few little pieces and is white meat(bought but havn't tried yet) am so glad for the info from you both! i was banded on aug 15 by dr benevides in richardson. i have lost 20 lbs since pre surgery diet & til today. hope it keeps coming off