Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not surprised at this...but still disappointing :-(

I only lost ONE pound since my last weight in on 6/21/16, the next is on 7/12/16 and my final one on 8/16/16 before my paperwork is submitted to my insurance company. I posted in another forum here on BariatricPal that I had issues with my portions, and sometimes eating more than I should. I live with unsupportive roommates and tempting food every day. My nutritionist gave me a meal plan, but I'm always hungry on it. Any suggestions and/or advice for me?

What will change post op? Will your roommates become supportive? Will you no longer have temptations around you? Will you always stick with small portions? My point is that you have to decide you want success more than letting this other factors get in the way. I get it. I wanted to cheat on my pre op liquid diet so bad!! I even posted on here too. Here's what they told me, get serious and choose to be successful otherwise maybe I'm not ready to have surgery.

I'll be moving in a few weeks because I can't live around unsupportive people. I spoke with my therapist about this earlier this week and she said I needed to get serious: "Would you rather stay the same or improve your life?" I don't want to die before I'm 40...nope! I'll speak to my nutritionist, my therapist and psychiatrist because right now, I have no offline supports around me other than my treatment team and my mother. At the time I weighed myself (which was last week), I was like "What am I doing to myself? This is not what I wanted for myself." My decision? I choose Life...just have to control my portions and set some boundaries at home until I move out.

Edited by Kimba Marie Angelina Wiggins

You got this! Don't feel discouraged, it is hard to lose weight on our own. Have faith that you will be able to start making better food and portion choices.

You can do this girl!!!

it does get easier post op. it was impossible before surgery. my family is very supportive but they do not eat like I do. I was obese, they are not. I had surgery, they did not. I have learned to live around their temptations.

hang in there!

I'll be moving in a few weeks because I can't live around unsupportive people. I spoke with my therapist about this earlier this week and she said I needed to get serious: "Would you rather stay the same or improve your life?" I don't want to die before I'm 40...nope! I'll speak to my nutritionist, my therapist and psychiatrist because right now, I have no offline supports around me other than my treatment team and my mother. At the time I weighed myself (which was last week), I was like "What am I doing to myself? This is not what I wanted for myself." My decision? I choose Life...just have to control my portions and set some boundaries at home until I move out.

Moving sounds like a good idea to me. You certainly don't need unsupportive people around you.

Also once you have the sleeve surgery your hunger should be gone for quite some time. The surgery reduces the amount of ghrelin, which is produced in the stomach portion that is removed from the body. The blood ghrelin levels decreade significantly in patients undergoing the sleeve. This decrease is presented from the first postoperative day and lasts for more than 24 months after surgery. Doesn't your surgery team have a support group? Mine does and they meet monthly.

I'm going to my first support group at the end of this month, and they conduct them every month at my local hospital. I have to go at least one to be approved for surgery. I'll be going to them for a long time, since I'll need the support.

Thanks is good new Kimba. My support group is over an hour away but they will be establishing a new virtual online support group where I can stay home yet still see and hear everything that goes on in the group and they can see me. However I am finding that I don't really need the support as I have plenty of online support groups I am in.

I only lost ONE pound since my last weight in on 6/21/16, the next is on 7/12/16 and my final one on 8/16/16 before my paperwork is submitted to my insurance company. I posted in another forum here on BariatricPal that I had issues with my portions, and sometimes eating more than I should. I live with unsupportive roommates and tempting food every day. My nutritionist gave me a meal plan, but I'm always hungry on it. Any suggestions and/or advice for me?

One thing that helped me pre-op was to load up on non-starchy vegetables. Add extra broccoli or cauliflower to your meals. Get the microwave veggie steamer packets. That makes it easy to add extra veggies. Get raw peppers, celery, etc to munch on if you get the nibbles.

Drink a lot of Water. If in doubt, drink more Water.< /p>

Are you tracking your food?

Have you given up caffeine and carbonation?

I lost very little during this time too. Take this time to learn how to eat. Get therapy to deal with emotional eating. My NUT and Psych told me not to worry about portion sizes all that much (pre-op). Hell - if I could limit portion size now - I wouldn't need surgery. I eat healthy - high protein/low carb. Prepare as much as possible.

I've begun to lower my caffeine and carbonation consumption. Today (7-11-16), I only had one caffeinated beverage...when I usually have several. I measured out my portions and found them to be filling (a first for me).

I'm learning to limit my portion sizes because I normally eat large portions, which is something I'm unlearning. I don't have a food scale, so I'm using a measuring cup to measure my portions and so far it's working. Tomorrow I'll start logging what I eat again so I can keep track of what I'm eating.

I've begun to lower my caffeine and carbonation consumption. Today (7-11-16), I only had one caffeinated beverage...when I usually have several. I measured out my portions and found them to be filling (a first for me).

I'm learning to limit my portion sizes because I normally eat large portions, which is something I'm unlearning. I don't have a food scale, so I'm using a measuring cup to measure my portions and so far it's working. Tomorrow I'll start logging what I eat again so I can keep track of what I'm eating.

Sounds great! Keep taking small steps in the right direction and before you know it you will change your life.