Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I had my pre op assessment yesterday as my surgery is 15th September. Ive been all really excited and happy with it all, and then it hit me. I am feeling really scared and thinking what the f**k am I doing. My liquid diet starts a week to day, so I am planning to eat everything I love! Is this normal to you all to feel so frightened and have so much doubt . Its al the ' what if it goes wrong' what if I cant eat at all ?

I have waited 5 years for this operation to make sure its the right thing to have, now its here its all too much. It was yesterday having my pre op tests that has shook me up.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

It's normal to have those feelings. everyone gets them at some point or another. Remember, this is something you have spent alot of time on . Yes, it's scary and drastic but ask yourself, are you willing to keep killing yourself? Because that is literally what you are doing to yourself now. Believe me, I just had this conversation with myself the other day! I have concluded, scary or not if I want to go on living I need this. My surgery is 9/13.

Hi all, I had my pre op assessment yesterday as my surgery is 15th September. Ive been all really excited and happy with it all, and then it hit me. I am feeling really scared and thinking what the f**k am I doing. My liquid diet starts a week to day, so I am planning to eat everything I love! Is this normal to you all to feel so frightened and have so much doubt . Its al the ' what if it goes wrong' what if I cant eat at all ?

I have waited 5 years for this operation to make sure its the right thing to have, now its here its all too much. It was yesterday having my pre op tests that has shook me up.

I think its completely normal...you spent five years making this decision, so you know its the right one and thats just what you have to keep reminding yourself. Focus on the reasons why you're doing it and the benefits its going to bring. You got this, and we are all going through it with you :)

It's normal to have those feelings. everyone gets them at some point or another. Remember, this is something you have spent alot of time on . Yes, it's scary and drastic but ask yourself, are you willing to keep killing yourself? Because that is literally what you are doing to yourself now. Believe me, I just had this conversation with myself the other day! I have concluded, scary or not if I want to go on living I need this. My surgery is 9/13.

I think its completely normal...you spent five years making this decision, so you know its the right one and thats just what you have to keep reminding yourself. Focus on the reasons why you're doing it and the benefits its going to bring. You got this, and we are all going through it with you :)

Thank you both. This is what I need, some encouraging words. It doesn't help that now the date is here my close family and friends are advising me not to go ahead with it. What a head mess up . What I am so nervous about is the Operation its self and the not to be able to drink or swallow straight after. I'm just panicking. WE WILL ALL BE FINE AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Slim jims here we come. :D

@@jody 69 Your friends and family are probably scared - of both the surgery and the changes that come after. Don't let them talk you out of this - this is something you are doing for yourself! Follow your surgeon's instructions - even if you can't drink right after surgery - that is very temporary! Your health is more important than anything right now and if you don't have this surgery - it'll only get worse (hypertension, diabetes, joint pain, stroke, heart attack, etc.) Those are much scarier than surgery or feeling crappy for a few days post-op! Stay strong!!!

A very tearful Thank you.

>

Thank you both. This is what I need, some encouraging words. It doesn't help that now the date is here my close family and friends are advising me not to go ahead with it. What a head mess up . What I am so nervous about is the Operation its self and the not to be able to drink or swallow straight after. I'm just panicking. WE WILL ALL BE FINE AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Slim jims here we come. :D

You got this! We are here for you!

Ok. Next week I start my liquid diet, milk, Water and or veg with a stock, for two weeks. Op on the 16th September, I have found in the supermarket you can get high Protein Water. This is a clear water. Do you think I can drink this before and after Op.?

I would check with your nutrition people, but it sounds like it would be good.

Hi there! I'm hoping to be scheduled the week of September 15th. Meeting with my surgeon for the first time in September 1st. I need to loose approximately 200 lbs to be under 200. Do any of you know anyone who has been able to accomplish this with the sleeve? I'm now wondering if I should do the bypass? Hopefully my surgeon will give me some good advice. Good luck to all of us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have the jitters also. My surgery is the 19th. It's not something to take lightly. It's major surgery. But I guess the risks of being overweight at this point are higher than the risks of surgery. Also it's really not a good idea to go out and eat everything you think you'll be missing out on after. I know it's tempting though.

Sent from my SM-N915V using the BariatricPal App

I have the jitters also. My surgery is the 19th. It's not something to take lightly. It's major surgery. But I guess the risks of being overweight at this point are higher than the risks of surgery. Also it's really not a good idea to go out and eat everything you think you'll be missing out on after. I know it's tempting though.

Sent from my SM-N915V using the BariatricPal App

Hi Pink, Jitters are scoring through the roof at this end, so I am with you with that. I am that person who is eating everything I love , The need to say goodbye to it all. :unsure:

[emoji848]. Someday I will learn how to use this app.

Edited by Kittymom

@crissyboo. You can do, believe in yourself.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App