Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Hello! Had vsg on 6/22 - it's been a great experience so far, I'm glad to have been invited over to this board with other June sleevers!

I am not posting my personal info on here because I work in the public eye in my hometown of Cleveland, and am trying to keep things under wraps. The only people who know I had surgery are my husband and my mother! ;-)

I love to hear and read everybody's experiences - I've definitely taken all of the "before" pics and can't wait for the "after" ones. :-)

I'm currently down 13 lbs. from surgery and tolerating soft foods well - I'm on the "Phase 3" diet. It seems like my surgeon allowed me to move quicker through the liquid phase of the diets than what is reflected in other people's experiences on here, I wonder why that is? Has anybody else been allowed to incorporate food into their diet yet (i.e. flaky fish, cheeses, mashed potatoes etc?)

MY STATS:

HW: 295

SW: 286

CW: 273

Glad you found us! This is the nicest group of people with the best advice and helpful experiences. We are all learning from each other here, so you never know who you are going to help ;) Welcome! Keep sharing.

I'm not allowed to add those things to my diet yet. Have my appt with the NUT and the surgeon this coming week. Fingers crossed. I'm having bouts of crying and am happy although just a little moody and my stomach hurts form over doing it the other day. I still don't want anything to eat or drink but my brain wants filet mignon and chili dogs ;) I have to conquer the brain...

Had my surgery June 22nd. Recovering pretty well. Cheated a bit with some mushy foods today but besides that I am adjusting well.

The hardest part is getting my brain to get in line with my stomach.

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Cracking up - have to conquer my brain too! ;) What mushy foods did you have?

Hello! Had vsg on 6/22 - it's been a great experience so far, I'm glad to have been invited over to this board with other June sleevers!

I am not posting my personal info on here because I work in the public eye in my hometown of Cleveland, and am trying to keep things under wraps. The only people who know I had surgery are my husband and my mother! ;-)

I love to hear and read everybody's experiences - I've definitely taken all of the "before" pics and can't wait for the "after" ones. :-)

I'm currently down 13 lbs. from surgery and tolerating soft foods well - I'm on the "Phase 3" diet. It seems like my surgeon allowed me to move quicker through the liquid phase of the diets than what is reflected in other people's experiences on here, I wonder why that is? Has anybody else been allowed to incorporate food into their diet yet (i.e. flaky fish, cheeses, mashed potatoes etc?)

MY STATS:

Glad you found us! This is the nicest group of people with the best advice and helpful experiences. We are all learning from each other here, so you never know who you are going to help ;) Welcome! Keep sharing.

I'm not allowed to add those things to my diet yet. Have my appt with the NUT and the surgeon this coming week. Fingers crossed. I'm having bouts of crying and am happy although just a little moody and my stomach hurts form over doing it the other day. I still don't want anything to eat or drink but my brain wants filet mignon and chili dogs ;) I have to conquer the brain...

Omg I was just writing on here about "head hunger"...mine is INTENSE!!!! We ordered pizza (my fav food) for our fireworks party last night and I was DROOLING about it for hours. I had a tiny bite, chewed well etc...and I was like ehhh. Lol after all of that!! So weird.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm day 9 post-op and since the surgery I've been having severe mood swings. I'm angry most of the times and feel like fighting with everyone. Anyone else with this problem? ??

I promise it will pass. So many people are saying the same thing. I had mood swings early on and they went quickly. I hope they do for you too. Now is the time to focus on the positive. We are through most of the hard part and by winter we will be eating like human beings again and thinner too! ;) Think lovely thoughts. xo

I haven't had the mood swings but I'm dreading them...I'm 51 and menopausal, so I'm sure mine will be doozies!

I've been feeling good, I've advanced myself to some foods that aren't on my diet yet, but just doing full liquids was killing me. I've had some refried Beans (HEAVEN!!), and yesterday I had a bite or 2 of chicken salad my husband was eating. As long as I go slow, take small bites and chew well, everything is fine. On the down side, I took my allergy meds a couple of nights ago right before bed, and not thinking, threw down about 8 oz of Water in a few big gulps. OMG. The pain was horrific, and it all came right back up. I have been a much more careful sipper since then :)

I'm thinner, too, down 16 as of today. That's so encouraging for me, I didn't have to do any pre-op diet so my surgery weight was my highest weight. Losing 16 has been amazing, I truly feel lighter already.

Hoping today is another good day...we're going to buy a new car! And our son comes home today from a weekend back at college with his buddies. Tomorrow will be a challenge, I'm sure, all the BBQs and food, but I'll stick with my oatmeal and know that if I do, that scale will move even more. Happy 4th, everyone!

I bought Beans for refried bean and black beans for when they give me the thumbs up. I can't wait. I am so sorry about your Water experience. Its like mine with the yogurt I had. I couldn't help myself. I'm so tired of not being able to chew. Are you having baby oatmeal or regular oatmeal? Congrats on the new car and have fun with your son. That's the best. Let me know how you do during your events. Someone else just said they showed up late to the party and walked around with a water bottle. I thought that was helpful. Kick butt and Happy 4th to you!

Omg I was just writing on here about "head hunger"...mine is INTENSE!!!! We ordered pizza (my fav food) for our fireworks party last night and I was DROOLING about it for hours. I had a tiny bite, chewed well etc...and I was like ehhh. Lol after all of that!! So weird.

Thats pretty good. A lot of people reporting their taste buds are off and it probably helps that our body doesn't want it and has more sense than our brain... but... I'm still a little jealous of your pizza ;)

I bought Beans for refried bean and black Beans for when they give me the thumbs up. I can't wait. I am so sorry about your Water experience. Its like mine with the yogurt I had. I couldn't help myself. I'm so tired of not being able to chew. Are you having baby oatmeal or regular oatmeal? Congrats on the new car and have fun with your son. That's the best. Let me know how you do during your events. Someone else just said they showed up late to the party and walked around with a Water bottle. I thought that was helpful. Kick butt and Happy 4th to you!

I'm day 9 post-op and since the surgery I've been having severe mood swings. I'm angry most of the times and feel like fighting with everyone. Anyone else with this problem? ??

I promise it will pass. So many people are saying the same thing. I had mood swings early on and they went quickly. I hope they do for you too. Now is the time to focus on the positive. We are through most of the hard part and by winter we will be eating like human beings again and thinner too! ;) Think lovely thoughts. xo

I haven't had the mood swings but I'm dreading them...I'm 51 and menopausal, so I'm sure mine will be doozies!

I've been feeling good, I've advanced myself to some foods that aren't on my diet yet, but just doing full liquids was killing me. I've had some refried beans (HEAVEN!!), and yesterday I had a bite or 2 of chicken salad my husband was eating. As long as I go slow, take small bites and chew well, everything is fine. On the down side, I took my allergy meds a couple of nights ago right before bed, and not thinking, threw down about 8 oz of water in a few big gulps. OMG. The pain was horrific, and it all came right back up. I have been a much more careful sipper since then :)

I'm thinner, too, down 16 as of today. That's so encouraging for me, I didn't have to do any pre-op diet so my surgery weight was my highest weight. Losing 16 has been amazing, I truly feel lighter already.

Hoping today is another good day...we're going to buy a new car! And our son comes home today from a weekend back at college with his buddies. Tomorrow will be a challenge, I'm sure, all the BBQs and food, but I'll stick with my oatmeal and know that if I do, that scale will move even more. Happy 4th, everyone!

I had my beans at a restaurant with a friend...it was my first outing where food was involved and those beans were darned good. Loaded with lard, I'm sure, but I ate maybe 2 or 3 tablespoons. I need to buy some to make my own, thanks for the reminder!

I'm eating steel-cut Irish oatmeal...my son makes a big batch of it every few days and stores it in the fridge (he's on some 'bulking up' diet prior to soccer tryouts at college), so I just sneak a couple of tablespoons out and thin it to a soupy consistency with Fairlife milk. Then I chew the heck out of it, because chewing is fun! I feel like such a weirdo, saying that chewing is fun, but I know you guys understand!

Thanks for the tip about party navigation...I've been pretty open about my procedure but I'm still dreading being scrutinized over my eating or lack of.

The pizza was not as amazing as you might think! I promise lol. Ate a piece the size of a pinky nail and i was over it. I consider myself lucky that my surgeon's recommendations are less strict than others, but honestly I'm mostly eating Protein shakes and nibbling on a cheestick. Nothing too exciting. I will say it is easy to see what is tolerable and what isn't. All I have to do is take a teeny bite and if it feels like a rock going down, I immediately stop. If I don't feel anything I know I'm good to go. Haven't had any nausea/vomiting/stomach pain etc. and I've tried a bunch of random soft foods.

Edited by APanda911

I am so hungry and over this liquid!!! I am day I can't even remember -- ok day 11 post op.

I think I get to start some extra items like yogurt and creamy Soup after nut on Tuesday.

Dreaming of burgers. But also better fitting clothes... Sigh.

I thought to myself yesterday that I was an idiot to have the surgery right before July 4th. I would give my right arm for a burger right now, even though I'm not hungry. I just want to CHEW something! I'm going to drag some of my clothing containers out of the basement this week and see if I can get into some of the things that were kind of snug pre-op. That will definitely be better than a burger. I think :)

I had my surgery on the 30th. I'm feeling pretty good, I think. Just bad has pains and trying to figure out how much a sip is really to my body. I've been nauseous enough to run to the toilet but haven't got anything up which I think is good. The worst site for my pain is on my lower left side of my stomach. I look like I'm pregnant with all the swelling lol. I know I've only gotten about 20 oz of Fluid in,but Water doesn't go down well right now. I'm craving a Doctor Pepper so bad it's not even funny haha. I haven't had one of those since before my 2 week preop diet which I didn't even crave then! Bodies are weird haha. Carbonated drinks are a thing of the pass body,get it together!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I wish my body would hear what I'm telling it, too...it wants something I can CHEW. The smell of the Protein shakes is awful to me right now, I just want regular food. My surgery was on the 21st, so I've had a couple of bites of refried Beans and a bit of chicken. My stomach tolerated them well, but those 2 bites of Beans almost filled me up. It IS weird how our bodies are reacting to what we did to them, isn't it?

I had my surgery on the 30th. I'm feeling pretty good, I think. Just bad has pains and trying to figure out how much a sip is really to my body. I've been nauseous enough to run to the toilet but haven't got anything up which I think is good. The worst site for my pain is on my lower left side of my stomach. I look like I'm pregnant with all the swelling lol. I know I've only gotten about 20 oz of Fluid in,but Water doesn't go down well right now. I'm craving a Doctor Pepper so bad it's not even funny haha. I haven't had one of those since before my 2 week preop diet which I didn't even crave then! Bodies are weird haha. Carbonated drinks are a thing of the pass body,get it together!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I wish my body would hear what I'm telling it, too...it wants something I can CHEW. The smell of the Protein shakes is awful to me right now, I just want regular food. My surgery was on the 21st, so I've had a couple of bites of refried Beans and a bit of chicken. My stomach tolerated them well, but those 2 bites of Beans almost filled me up. It IS weird how our bodies are reacting to what we did to them, isn't it?

Hey, ShelterDog64 - my surgery was on 6/22. I could not get through the liquid phase. I was starving. I talked to my nutritionist and she said to go ahead and start incorporating soft foods as tolerated. It was heaven! I needed to chew something and now I am. I've had chicken salad, chunky Soups, oatmeal and cream of wheat. Another thing that really helped was juicing. My fav recipe is called Wingman - you can google it. I really struggled with the Protein Shakes making me nauseous. Talk to your nutritionist ( if you have one). No need to suffer! Good luck.

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

Hey there 6/27/2016 Sleever here, revision from Lap Band (2006). Tomorrow will be one week post op, doc told me I can go to full liquids on Tuesday, can't wait!! Really excited to be on this forum since I live alone, and most of my support is Facebook and online...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by johnbamber

MY STATS:

We have the same weight stats and are surgery twins yay!

My plan skips the pureed food stage. I go from 2 weeks clear and full liquids right into reintroducing food at my own pace.

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Fun!! I'm not exactly looking forward to the baby food/puréed stage but that's the "turn before the finish line is in sight" for me! I'd love to skip that phase altogether too haha.

2006 - 2016

Lap Band, lost 112 lbs gained back 50

June 27 2016

Lap Band removed, converted to Sleeve

Anyone looking for a buddy feel free to PM me or add me as a friend on here.

Hi, new here but was sleeved on the 28th. I just want to get to the soft food stage. Miserable right now.