Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Hi all!! I'm new to this!! I had surgery he 23rd. They told me I could go through a slew of emotions after and boy are they right. I'm currently going through the regret phase. I know it will get better but it's hard. I had my gallbladder out at he same time so I'm having a lot of pain and getting the fluids down is soooo difficult for me. I had my follow up today and had to go to the hospital for 2liters of IV fluids. My roommate at the hospital had bypass and we keep in touch for support and she has been feeling great! This is tough stuff and definitely not easy! A lot of cramping.

How are you all doing? The support we can give each other is huge and I love the whole concept of it!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi all!! I'm new to this!! I had surgery he 23rd. They told me I could go through a slew of emotions after and boy are they right. I'm currently going through the regret phase. I know it will get better but it's hard. I had my gallbladder out at he same time so I'm having a lot of pain and getting the fluids down is soooo difficult for me. I had my follow up today and had to go to the hospital for 2liters of IV fluids. My roommate at the hospital had bypass and we keep in touch for support and she has been feeling great! This is tough stuff and definitely not easy! A lot of cramping.

How are you all doing? The support we can give each other is huge and I love the whole concept of it!

My surgery was on the 21st and today was the first day I felt close to 'normal'. My bowels have stopped constantly gurgling, it doesn't *hurt* every single time I swallow and I'm getting better at getting my fluids, although I'm still struggling to get 64 oz/day. It does get better, I promise! I'm sure having your gallbladder removed isn't making it any easier to recover :( I agree about the support, it's nice to be able to chat with others who are on the same track.

Is it weird that I been able to poop 3 times today? Also was able to get in more then 600 cal for the first time since the surgery.

Don't worry about it. 2 days post-op I was able to poop too. And until now (7 days post-op ) I have an easy stomach and I go 3 to 4 times a day. Maybe that's why I'm getting hungry? R u getting hungry too?

My sleeve was on the 23rd too. I had a hernia that they took care of. Well yes until yesterday and was feeling depressed with lots of regrets. I guess it's our body's way to cope with this change cause it really is life changing but believe it's for the best. Before you know, you will look at yourself in the mirror and you will b the happiest person ever. That's what I was told and I honestly can't wait for this moment to. Keep me posted with all the changes ok? Best of luck

Got sleeved on Monday (6/27) and also had a hiatal hernia repair. It gets a little better each day. Monday was rough--the anesthesia and the morphine didn't agree with me which resulted in me throwing up and dry heaving several times on Monday which was SO painful. I've been in and out of the regret stage, wondering why I did this to myself. But it gets a little better everyday. The pain from the gas they used during surgery that was trapped was very painful but it is slowly going away. I'm sure once things get more "normal" and results start to show and I can transition to soft foods it will continue to get better each day. Starting back on chewable vitamins and my anxiety med today (which is a capsule that can't be crushed or opened so I was instructed to continue to take it normally). I'm nervous about introducing non-liquids like the pills.

Welcome Melissac! You found a good place to be. Everyone on this page is creative in getting through this and super supportive. Everyone has a story that is a little similar and a little different. Its been good to read everyone's story. You are on the mend and will feel better a little every day until your stomach swelling goes down. You'll get there! We are here and keep us updated on your story. You will be helping someone else! ;)

Got sleeved on Monday (6/27) and also had a hiatal hernia repair. It gets a little better each day. Monday was rough--the anesthesia and the morphine didn't agree with me which resulted in me throwing up and dry heaving several times on Monday which was SO painful. I've been in and out of the regret stage, wondering why I did this to myself. But it gets a little better everyday. The pain from the gas they used during surgery that was trapped was very painful but it is slowly going away. I'm sure once things get more "normal" and results start to show and I can transition to soft foods it will continue to get better each day. Starting back on chewable vitamins and my anxiety med today (which is a capsule that can't be crushed or opened so I was instructed to continue to take it normally). I'm nervous about introducing non-liquids like the pills.

Two people at work had a pain button and were getting morphine. I had the sleeve and hernia also. I didn't get a pain button or morphine. I got IV pain meds. Dilauden I wonder why? If you are getting gas in the shoulder its Phrenic nerve pain and can be relieved with warm tea or warm drinks and a warm shower. It can come and go for about 5 weeks. Happens when we drink and eat now as it forces that gas back up. So weird. I can relieve mine now with the tea, the showers or the heating pad. Jealous of your pill swallowing. I would love to get to do that. My surgeon said I have to crush for at least 6 weeks. Apple sauce and pills mmmmm I'll never look at applesauce the same way after this :( lol

I had my sleeve surgery on June 21st. Everything tastes bad... Even Water. Has anyone else had this problem.

I was 21st too! I have not found problem with really hot or really cold. I was on preop liquid for 2 weeks and now again all liquids. What I found after surgery was the smoothies were just not going to work for me this week at least. Esp vanilla premier which I had liked, not sure when I can do that one. Trying one this morning.

I changed to adding unflavored Isopure to broth and drinking some Isopure waters. I even added the unflavored to plain Water and it wasn't bad.

If you add to broth the trick is quick mixing and not too hot to avoid lumps.

Good luck!

Two people at work had a pain button and were getting morphine. I had the sleeve and hernia also. I didn't get a pain button or morphine. I got IV pain meds. Dilauden I wonder why? If you are getting gas in the shoulder its Phrenic nerve pain and can be relieved with warm tea or warm drinks and a warm shower. It can come and go for about 5 weeks. Happens when we drink and eat now as it forces that gas back up. So weird. I can relieve mine now with the tea, the showers or the heating pad. Jealous of your pill swallowing. I would love to get to do that. My surgeon said I have to crush for at least 6 weeks. Apple sauce and pills mmmmm I'll never look at applesauce the same way after this :( lol

It is interesting how each surgeon seems to have a different plan for preop, pain meds, and post op plans. Speaking of applesauce, I get to add that to my diet today for first time, but I have taken whole pills since day one. :-)

I have not been good about walking as it is so hot here. Have to drive to store or mall which takes longer than I walk BUT I am going to make myself do it. Any other suggestions for light exercise or movement?

Welcome Melissac! You found a good place to be. Everyone on this page is creative in getting through this and super supportive. Everyone has a story that is a little similar and a little different. Its been good to read everyone's story. You are on the mend and will feel better a little every day until your stomach swelling goes down. You'll get there! We are here and keep us updated on your story. You will be helping someone else! ;)

Thanks so much maggie143. I can't wait to feel "normal" again. Last night I sneezed and let me tell you.....pain

Got sleeved on Monday (6/27) and also had a hiatal hernia repair. It gets a little better each day. Monday was rough--the anesthesia and the morphine didn't agree with me which resulted in me throwing up and dry heaving several times on Monday which was SO painful. I've been in and out of the regret stage, wondering why I did this to myself. But it gets a little better everyday. The pain from the gas they used during surgery that was trapped was very painful but it is slowly going away. I'm sure once things get more "normal" and results start to show and I can transition to soft foods it will continue to get better each day. Starting back on chewable vitamins and my anxiety med today (which is a capsule that can't be crushed or opened so I was instructed to continue to take it normally). I'm nervous about introducing non-liquids like the pills.< /p>

It is interesting how each surgeon seems to have a different plan for preop, pain meds, and post op plans. Speaking of applesauce, I get to add that to my diet today for first time, but I have taken whole pills since day one. :-)

I have not been good about walking as it is so hot here. Have to drive to store or mall which takes longer than I walk BUT I am going to make myself do it. Any other suggestions for light exercise or movement?

Since we aren't supposed to be doing anything crazy one of the things I have been doing is a water bottle in each hand and doing arm exercises. It helps me with the gas too and they said if you have a stationary bike at home to do a few minutes of that. I do have one. Also - house work uuuggghhhh lol but it is exercise. So I've been doing all my dishes by hand so I have to stand and sweeping instead of lifting the vacuum and laundry ;) lol so not fun. Bet the mall is sounding better isn't it....

I was able to get a treadmill so that's what I have been doing to beat the heat. But my friend said she walked in her house just around and around. We were told walk ten minutes four times a day for the first week and then up it to 15. Heat index here has been over a 100 for a while so I am very glad for the treadmill lol

Had mine on the 27th and like I've already said my pain is very tolerable. Just got done walking around the house for 20 minutes. I try to do that at least every hour to an hour and a half. But I'm still struggling to get all my Water down. My pee was pretty dark this morning and I know that's not a good sign. Any tips on how to get it down? It doesn't hurt when I swallow it but I'm just so terrified of drinking too much at once and making myself get sick. Also Protein water, how much protein is everyone supposed to be getting at this point? My doctor said at least 15ml and I don't think I'm getting enough of that either.