Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Suuuzzzz the Soups sound so good. I forcing myself to have my pre surgery diet Protein Shake. Its not my favorite thing. I need to get back to the store!

I had my sleeve surgery on June 21st. Everything tastes bad... Even Water. Has anyone else had this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Had my sleeve on the 27th. Stuck to the pre op diet too the t even though I really wanted some real food. Ended up losing 25 lbs in the 2 weeks before surgery. Surgery only took 45 mins! Afterward there was a little pain but not too much. I was up walking the halls of the hospital within hours. I was released from the hospital yesterday and it was good to be home. Have been walking alot and drinking my Water. Found that room temp water will go down alot easier than cold. I second the idea of sleeping in a recliner for a couple of days. My pain has controlled by only Tylenol since I was in the hospital. Found some liquid Tylenol at CVS where I take 30mls every 6 hours. Good luck to everybody out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

My doctor requires a week of Clear Liquids to allow for healing. He is very conservative. Every doctor is different and you can always call to see if you can start your Protein Shakes early. I've been pretty woozy and faint so I started mine today instead of tomorrow with permission.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve surgery on June 21st. Everything tastes bad... Even Water. Has anyone else had this problem.

Mine too - same day. Yes everything did taste yuk for a while. When you get hungry you start not caring. Water is lovely now, with or without flavoring, my chicken broth is lovely but mostly everything else is gross. I bought this very yummy Protein for your water on Amazon. Its Lemon Razzy by NutriWise and you put it in your water and it has 15 grams of protein. The pink lemonade has 17 grams. Its really helped me since I have not wanted anything. For your information...

https://www.doctorsbestweightloss.com/shop-by-brand/nutriwise/diet-cold-drinks-juices-tea.html

Had my sleeve on the 27th. Stuck to the pre op diet too the t even though I really wanted some real food. Ended up losing 25 lbs in the 2 weeks before surgery. Surgery only took 45 mins! Afterward there was a little pain but not too much. I was up walking the halls of the hospital within hours. I was released from the hospital yesterday and it was good to be home. Have been walking alot and drinking my Water. Found that room temp water will go down alot easier than cold. I second the idea of sleeping in a recliner for a couple of days. My pain has controlled by only Tylenol since I was in the hospital. Found some liquid Tylenol at CVS where I take 30mls every 6 hours. Good luck to everybody out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

You are doing great! The cold water helps your swollen stomach but I do agree the room temperature was easier to get down. Keep us updated on your progress. We are learning a lot from each other here.

Thank you Maggie!!! Well yes maybe because I'm starving!! I will see my doctor tomorrow hopefully he will change my diet

Want to hear how you do. you might come back with good advice for me too! Good luck with the doc. Fingers crossed ;)

Thank you Maggie I found the drink mix you mentioned and will try it.

Medic5301 - Hope it helps! I also bought Bariatric Choice Water enhancers and the blue raspberry was just ok.. the berry was really good. 15 grams of Protein

Mine too - same day. Yes everything did taste yuk for a while. When you get hungry you start not caring. Water is lovely now, with or without flavoring, my chicken broth is lovely but mostly everything else is gross. I bought this very yummy Protein for your water on Amazon. Its Lemon Razzy by NutriWise and you put it in your water and it has 15 grams of Protein. The pink lemonade has 17 grams. Its really helped me since I have not wanted anything. For your information...

https://www.doctorsbestweightloss.com/shop-by-brand/nutriwise/diet-cold-drinks-juices-tea.html

Thanks for this suggestion, Maggie143! I had my sleeve surgery on the 21st of June as well, and I am not interested in eating anything still :( I hope the water flavorings help. Everything I eat (drink, whatever!) seems heavy and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sipping water is the only thing that appeals to me at all. What a difference from a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't WAIT to eat! I just ordered the NutriWise water flavorings here on Bariatric Pal (well, they're Bariatric Pal brand, but exact same flavors and packaging) for less than at Amazon, BP also has a sample box of the different flavors plus a sample bag of all the Syntax Nectars that so many people like. I ordered them, hopefully I'll like some of them! I hope you're doing well, I had kind of a 'blah' day yesterday so I got up this morning and am going about my day with a bit more purpose...I've got to shake this yucky feeling from the lack of food.

Mine too - same day. Yes everything did taste yuk for a while. When you get hungry you start not caring. Water is lovely now, with or without flavoring, my chicken broth is lovely but mostly everything else is gross. I bought this very yummy Protein for your water on Amazon. Its Lemon Razzy by NutriWise and you put it in your water and it has 15 grams of Protein. The pink lemonade has 17 grams. Its really helped me since I have not wanted anything. For your information...

Thanks for this suggestion, Maggie143! I had my sleeve surgery on the 21st of June as well, and I am not interested in eating anything still :( I hope the water flavorings help. Everything I eat (drink, whatever!) seems heavy and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sipping water is the only thing that appeals to me at all. What a difference from a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't WAIT to eat! I just ordered the NutriWise water flavorings here on Bariatric Pal (well, they're Bariatric Pal brand, but exact same flavors and packaging) for less than at Amazon, BP also has a sample box of the different flavors plus a sample bag of all the Syntax Nectars that so many people like. I ordered them, hopefully I'll like some of them! I hope you're doing well, I had kind of a 'blah' day yesterday so I got up this morning and am going about my day with a bit more purpose...I've got to shake this yucky feeling from the lack of food.

Today was my tough day - I woke up and didn't have anything on time and I felt like I could get sick. It was the first time I've felt that bad since surgery day. I hope the flavorings help you too! Let me know which ones are your favorites and I'll get those too. Now you're helping me! ;) Thanks for that. I didn't realize they had them here and cheaper. So happy about that. Dont forget on these low calorie days to get substance in like Protein Shakes and broth. They are only 70 calories so that is really too low to just have the waters in a day but it does help when you want nothing. Tomorrow going to put it in the nutriblast with milk, ice and Protein Powder and see if it tastes like a milkshake. That would be a good way to get in a lot of protein. 24 from the powder, 15 from the mix, 7 from the milk. That would be pretty awesome.

I had my surgery on June 21. First postop day was rough. I was nauseous and nothing sat right. I basically drank Water for the first couple of days. Everything tasted terrible those first days home. My tongue was coated with gunk--ugh--and I think that contributed. Pain was tough at first but now mostly just twinges. My biggest battle is trying to get all my pills down. I have to crush them based on dr instructions and I take a few things. That has been a real challenge. Overall though my energy is better and I can eat a bigger variety of things than before--broth is acceptable again lol, plus teas, Water, and I actually don't mind the Protein Shakes. They always make my stomach feel full and almost soothed. Trying to get all my walking in each day. I think I am down about 20 pounds total but my scale is a real pain and keeps giving me different numbers (like get on it three times in a row and come up with weights with differences of five pounds or more...ridiculous). Good luck to those just starting!

My surgery is tomorrow. I check in at 5:30 a.m. for 7:30 a.m. surgery time. Trying not to panic and instead focus on why I made the decision to do this. I'm half packed for the hospital, and am looking forward to my 80 min massage tonight at 7:30!! Then going home, taking a shower, finishing the packing, and going to bed. Tomorrow starts a new life, right?

OMG...OMG.......

Edited by mlbdl

I had my surgery on June 21. First postop day was rough. I was nauseous and nothing sat right. I basically drank Water for the first couple of days. Everything tasted terrible those first days home. My tongue was coated with gunk--ugh--and I think that contributed. Pain was tough at first but now mostly just twinges. My biggest battle is trying to get all my pills down. I have to crush them based on dr instructions and I take a few things. That has been a real challenge. Overall though my energy is better and I can eat a bigger variety of things than before--broth is acceptable again lol, plus teas, Water, and I actually don't mind the Protein Shakes. They always make my stomach feel full and almost soothed. Trying to get all my walking in each day. I think I am down about 20 pounds total but my scale is a real pain and keeps giving me different numbers (like get on it three times in a row and come up with weights with differences of five pounds or more...ridiculous). Good luck to those just starting!

Don't worry about the scale - your body is still swollen in the belly and adjusting to water intake and our new pouches ;) Its going to happen and it will be good. I crush pills too. I have to have one horse pill which gets cut in half and taken twice a day. I am allowed to take it with a small amount of apple sauce so I get a Soup spoon, crush that nasty pill and pour it on top of a flat spoonful of apple sauce and then I chase that with a little water. Its the only way I can get that one down. The rest of mine are melts and one capsule. Pills really bug me! lol