Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Day 4 post op is so much better than day 3. I am feeling pretty good and no pain meds since day 2. Belly still hurts when I stand up but not worth pain meds. Got 8 Oz of Protein Shake this morning and will work on another one this afternoon .

Go Cin39 ! Come back and report in!

Biggi, I get you. I had my pout about lack of real food yesterday (i posted it on another thread; click on my profile and then activity to see it). Combo of head hunger, self-pity and not enough fat grams I think. I chowed some Jello and Popsicles so I could at least have some texture, and LOTS of broth for flavor. Also I'm reminding myself that this deprivation is very short-term - in 11 days I can have soft foods/puréed.

I'm 5 days post op and I am fairly hungry, especially when making food for the kids. I'm looking forward to Protein Shakes in 3 days!

I'm also very, very gurgly since yesterday. It's like a second wave of gas is grumbling through me. My stomach will not quiet down! My kids find this hilarious. Me, not so much haha!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

We have the same wait then? My doctor has a really low complication rate, so I have to take comfort in the fact that the strict diet is necessary to keep me safe. Stupid logic, I hate it when it overrides my emotional wants!

Biggi, I get you. I had my pout about lack of real food yesterday (i posted it on another thread; click on my profile and then activity to see it). Combo of head hunger, self-pity and not enough fat grams I think. I chowed some Jello and Popsicles so I could at least have some texture, and LOTS of broth for flavor. Also I'm reminding myself that this deprivation is very short-term - in 11 days I can have soft foods/puréed.

Bwahaha, YES!

I get Protein Shakes for now, though, in fact goal is to down 4 of them daily in addition to 64oz no-cal liquids.

But the shakes don't come in Nacho cheese and don't crunch, doggonit!

We have the same wait then? My doctor has a really low complication rate, so I have to take comfort in the fact that the strict diet is necessary to keep me safe. Stupid logic, I hate it when it overrides my emotional wants!

I have to do full liquids until 14 days post-op...I thought I was jealous until my sleeve decided it didn't like full liquids yet. I slid back to Clear Liquids for days 4 and 5 and was much happier, advanced back to full liquids today and the Protein Shake was much more well received :) I think 2 weeks will be just about right for me, my doc has an extremely low complication rate as well, and I'm going to trust that he knows what he's doing. That said, I would dearly love to CHEW something right about now!

Cracking up.... saw a Sonic commercial and the guy was having a chili dog... for a split second I thought... ooooh that looks good and then my stomach slapped me and reminded me I don't want anything. I feel stuffed all the time. My taste buds are ready.. not my body. So weird my mind playing tricks on me!

Out of surgery. Feeling great!! Gas pain is all pain I feel. I do suggest as soon as you can get up and walk. It helps greatly will gas pains.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5 days post op and I am fairly hungry, especially when making food for the kids. I'm looking forward to Protein Shakes in 3 days!

I'm also very, very gurgly since yesterday. It's like a second wave of gas is grumbling through me. My stomach will not quiet down! My kids find this hilarious. Me, not so much haha!

Are you taking an acid reducer/PPI? That should help. It's probably acid or head hunger and not real hunger. Drink more - try broth.

I just realized I haven't been taking my acid reducer! It's sitting in the back of the cabinet. Thanks!

Welcome to the soon-to-be-skinny club, cln39! So glad to hear you are up and moving!

ShelterDog, I may buy some unflavored Knox Gelatin and make broth Jello - with extra unflavored Protein Powder. Might resemble real food better than these sweet shakes.< /p>

To help with the desire to chew, my NUT suggest chewing on some Jerky and then spitting it out. I have never had jerky so not itching to try that yet.

To help with the desire to chew, my NUT suggest chewing on some Jerky and then spitting it out. I have never had jerky so not itching to try that yet.

I don't know if I would try that either. Its spicey which could give you reflux and if you get to wanting to suck on it you could swallow it and it might not agree with the small opening of your new pouch.... but I am not the nutritionist. just sounds risky -

Welcome to the soon-to-be-skinny club, cln39! So glad to hear you are up and moving!

ShelterDog, I may buy some unflavored Knox Gelatin and make broth Jello - with extra unflavored Protein powder. Might resemble real food better than these sweet shakes.< /p>

I made real Bone Broth - easier - just throw the chicken in the pot with veggies - in 40 minutes take out chicken and throw bones back in pot and let simmer till bones open, are soft and release the collagen. Its good and 12 grams of protein per cup.

Maggie, you are my new best friend!