Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

My date is set for the June 29th and I am really excited but also a little nervous!

Thanks to all here who have posted that it's not so awful... I have this fear I will be a terrible patient and a big baby when it comes to the pain after! We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Sunshine - You're going to do great! Listen to your doc... walk, walk, walk as I promise it will make you feel better. Everyone here pretty much posts the same tips. Also get the ice chips; you aren't going to want a single thing but they will make you feel good. When they give you Water to start drinking take a sip every 2 to 3 minutes. Sit up really straight and don't lay down after it. It won't be so hard on your new stomach and you will make your Water goals safely. Again... you won't want a single thing but you will be right as rain in no time! Can't wait to hear your good news so come back and share. Everyone's experience is different but we are all learning from each other. Kick butt!

Mine was the 21st as well!

(Hope I didn't already comment that! :P )

Brookebonic - Yay you! How are you doing and how are you feeling? What really helped you following your surgery?

So, how many calories are you guys getting in? I'm making my Water and prrotein goals - with effort - but today (post-op Day 4) is the first day I've exceeded 400 cals. I'm supposed to hit about 1000. No way can sugar-free Jello, popsicles and broth get me to 1000!

So, how many calories are you guys getting in? I'm making my Water and prrotein goals - with effort - but today (post-op Day 4) is the first day I've exceeded 400 cals. I'm supposed to hit about 1000. No way can sugar-free Jello, popsicles and broth get me to 1000!

I don't have any calorie goals, jus supposed to focus on liquids to avoid hydration. I think 1000 calories would be impossible to meet. In fact my plan for first three weeks does mention calories.

I should probably ask my dietician about it tomorrow. Her materials give goals (for each day of the first two weeks) of 48-64 oz Water (or other noncaloric fluid) and 3-4 Protein Shakes (about 200 calories and 30 grams Protein each). If we hit those we can have sugar-free Jello, SF pudding, broth Soups or plain greek yogurt in small amounts. And then in a summary section it says that will get us to about 700-900 calories [i misremembered, it's not 1000] and 100+ grams of Protein daily.

I think she will tell me to ignore the calorie count, and just stick to counting Water ounces and protein grams.

I'm here. I am getting back into the swing of things, and I had a rough time the other day because I tried Soup I clearly was not ready for. It made me retreat.

I got a fit bit and put my food journal and realized that I'm under eating. I'm drinking these shakes more now, but blurg...I don't have to like it. I even bumped up my milk, as I had been using ice and not milk.

I'm glad you all are doing pretty well. I am happy to report I am off blood pressure meds, but I have to monitor my blood pressure three times a day to make sure I can stay off them.

Thanks maggie. Good to be able to share. I had a coughing spell in middle of the night. Thanks for reminding me of the Spiro meter as that should help.

They gave me a nice cold pack for the swelling. Just took a pretty pill with no repercussions. Yeah.

Glad you are doing well! But sorry you are having waves of gas. My stomach and intestines are in a competitive rumbling contest.

Wow I still haven't had a whole pill yet. They are making me crush. I have to take ursodial for the gallbladder night and day and that is a big yucky pill I have to split in half. Uuugh I wish I could swallow that! You are doing great! I have a contractor coming over this afternoon... I just said to my husband - Oh God I hope I don't have gas or burps in front of this man.... lol I feel for you!

BiggiSmalls where are you! How is your stomach doing and are you still getting sick? I hope you are doing better and on the mend. Thinking of you.

I am scheduled for June 28th in Mexico. I am super excited for my revision.

@@brookebonic Im 11 days post op. Doing fine with liquids but still have pain. Mostly left lower side. Kinda grabs me and takes my breath away sometimes. My post op is Thurs so just going to wait till then to see dr. Other than that and my drain I feel good. The drain should come out Thurs too Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My doc doesn't want me to focus on anything but getting my fluids in and 30 was fine by end of week and try to get to 40 48 by next and start sprinkling Protein in things where I can. I can do about one GNC Protein Shake a day but its taking me 2 hours to get it in. I feel full all the time. I just bought Bariatric Choice Liquid Protein fruit Drink Concentrate from Amazon. Its got 15 grams of protein in it. You put it in 10 oz of Water. Not too bad. I also bought NutriWise. Here are links if you think it might help you too.

https://www.amazon.com/NutriWise-Lemonade-Protein-Liquid-Concentrate/dp/B012E9XEOS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467031761&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=nutriwise+concentrate+drink+le

https://www.amazon.com/Bariatric-Choice-Protein-Concentrate-Servings/dp/B01EB64I1K/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467031909&sr=8-1&keywords=Bariatric+Choice+Concentrate+drink+protein

Edited by Maggie143

Hi Biggi! Glad you are doing better. I was really worried about you. Its hard to get everything in isn't it. Getting creative with it. Had cream of wheat with a 1/4 scoop of Protein Powder the other day and 8oz of skim milk, cinnamon and sweetnlow. Didn't taste too bad but the texture was gross. I used to love my own smoothies from the nutriblast but I don't even want that either. Nothing is appealing but tea, chicken broth and Water. So I'm going to try Protein waters. I saw one of the guys post that he was drinking Isopure and I thought I could do that! We shall see how I do. If I get hungry which is doubtful I'll work in a shake. Uuugggh

I think my expectations are out of whack. I expect things to taste good, or that it should taste like "real food". I need an attitude adjustment. I went back to square one with the liquid diet--like pre-op square one, and I'm forcing myself to drink my shakes. I don't want to lose muscle more than I don't want to drink the shakes. I see the doctor today and I'm going to see if I can grab the NUT for a minute and get some recommendations. Good luck everyone.

Hi Biggi! Glad you are doing better. I was really worried about you. Its hard to get everything in isn't it. Getting creative with it. Had cream of wheat with a 1/4 scoop of Protein powder the other day and 8oz of skim milk, cinnamon and sweetnlow. Didn't taste too bad but the texture was gross. I used to love my own smoothies from the nutriblast but I don't even want that either. Nothing is appealing but tea, chicken broth and Water. So I'm going to try protein waters. I saw one of the guys post that he was drinking Isopure and I thought I could do that! We shall see how I do. If I get hungry which is doubtful I'll work in a shake. Uuugggh

You're going to do great! We'll be here waiting for you. Want your story!

Surgery day!! Very nervous. Will update when all done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal