Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Had mine on Friday 6/17 and in already home driving and all!! Little pain and the small scars are a lot better than I was expecting. Good luck. So far it's the best decision I ever made!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So any words of advice for those following you? You are doing great! What was it like in the hospital? Did you get anything? Ice, broth anything? What did they do while you were there and how long were you in. Most insurance companies are doing 1 night :(

Mine's suppost to be tomorrow..I'm waiting a call from insurance to see if they are going to cover it or If they gonna have to cancel...really nervous at this point...today is just Clear liquids no shakes..

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

Oh great! They will approve and you will be out in no time. Make sure you come back and fill us in on how you are doing. Nice to know I'm not going in alone tomorrow. ;)

The nerves from last night have turned to excitement! Surgery is at ten. (Mn time) see you guys on the other side!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Im having surgery on june 28th. Mixed emotions here. I have a toddler who wants to be held by only me and I am mostly scared about how the change is going to affect her as I wont be able to pick her up, I have been trying to change the way we do things, but it just turns into a meltdown for her. Luckily, her dad is here to help me and my mom will be here when he is at work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

BiggiSmalls - how did you do? I hope you see this!

Suzzz I'm nervous too. I'm dreaming weird dreams, a little hungry and there are bats in my stomach where butterflies used to be ;)

Please anyone viewing come back and keep up with us in your June group so we can learn from each other.

I'm feeling more human today. Saturday was one sleeping blur. I was able to drink some chicken stock and Water, but I have a strong gag reflex and sense of taste is off. I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that I've had it done.

Congratulations Biggi! I'm right behind you. Tuesday (tomorrow). I have had a few people tell me their taste was off. I made tons of bone broth and froze it in the freezer in one ounce cubes so I can learn to sip through the day. Did they make you do a lot of walking? I was told I was going to have to take a walk every two hours in the hospital. Keep us updated on how you are doing. So happy for you!

Well, last night I was trying to take my meds for nausea and poof. Before it could kick in I got sick. It was not comfortable. I thought I was doing pretty well, but not as well as i thought.

Best to you for tomorrow maggie143!

And to you Dahliairis if you got approved!

Thanks but my surgery got canceld

I had mine on the 16th! So far so good. Pain was very tolerable, yes I use my pain meds when needed. Gas in my cavity still a issue:( my post op appointment is today. Can't wait to see if the scale moves any!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Best to you for tomorrow maggie143!

And to you Dahliairis if you got approved!

Thanks but my surgery got canceld

Bummer.

I had mine on the 16th! So far so good. Pain was very tolerable, yes I use my pain meds when needed. Gas in my cavity still a issue:( my post op appointment is today. Can't wait to see if the scale moves any!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

I'm on my 4th day post op and the small scars they left look like little cuts that's healing!! The hospital stay was good they had me there for one night and that's all really you need! They had me on bed rest for the night and in the morning they had me walk down the hall a few times and use the bathroom on my own!! They then did an X-ray to see if I had any leaks which I did not! Then they brought me my first meal which was broth, Jello, Water, tea and ice chips! The hardest part of the whole thing was the dry mouth, it was horrible. Lol!! Today I'm up and around like nothing happened. Just had some vegetable broth and got full off of a few sips!! Not feeling hungry at all! Was 247pds two weeks ago and my scales just said 225pds and I feel more energized and healthy!! Good luck to all having the procedure, it's going to change your life. For the best.

My surgery is set for tomorrow and though I have been fine with the idea of it for so long I suddenly feel terrified. It's good to see people who have already come through it in good spirits here.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is set for tomorrow and though I have been fine with the idea of it for so long I suddenly feel terrified. It's good to see people who have already come through it in good spirits here.

Just left my first post op. All is good and down 14 lbs

jennyw

I hear you.Mine is Thur and I have a little lump in my throat. I am still more excited than anxious though.

You will do fine. Take some deep breaths and let the fear go.

I'm on my 4th day post op and the small scars they left look like little cuts that's healing!! The hospital stay was good they had me there for one night and that's all really you need! They had me on bed rest for the night and in the morning they had me walk down the hall a few times and use the bathroom on my own!! They then did an X-ray to see if I had any leaks which I did not! Then they brought me my first meal which was broth, Jello, Water, tea and ice chips! The hardest part of the whole thing was the dry mouth, it was horrible. Lol!! Today I'm up and around like nothing happened. Just had some vegetable broth and got full off of a few sips!! Not feeling hungry at all! Was 247pds two weeks ago and my scales just said 225pds and I feel more energized and healthy!! Good luck to all having the procedure, it's going to change your life. For the best.

Yes,we are on the same boat..

My surgery was 6/17 and I feel like I didn't really go thru intensive surgery...I had a little acid reflux and sore throat but that went away same day. But the dry mouth sucked! I am feeling just fine and normal...just trying to make sure my Protein intake is on point and all my liquids are where they need to be! Congrsts on your new journey!!