Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering how is everyone doing with the waiting 30 minutes after you drink before you have your protein/meal, and then waiting an hour after you eat before you have your liquids?

So what if I am having a Protein Drink that would also count as my Water intake, then want to eat my meal? If I'm eating Protein or drinking Protein back to back, do I need to have that time in between there where Im not eating or drinking anything?

Does my question make sense to anybody LOL

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

My other comment didn't post as a reply. Who knows what I did. Anyway, here's a link to the video. It made all kinds of light bulbs go on for me! http://positively-healthy.com/bariatric-patients-why-you-shouldnt-drink-while-eating/

What have y'all been doing for exercise? I am a bit discouraged when I think about it and need some help!

I'm working on a couch to 5k three days a week, but really need to get back to strength training some also.

I count it as liquid. I read it's ideal to have some Protein after every meal. My doctor said not to drink anything 30 minutes after. He said it doesn't matter too much if i drink before. Today i had chicken pot pie Soup blended. It was very fulfilling.

So I'm doing okay with that. I'm not doing okay with drinking protein... i still feel sick drinking them. The only thing i can stomach are the Isopure juices. And they MUST be super cold or I'll throw up. It's not even bad nausea anymore. Now it's straight up..blleehhk...

I'm not taking Vitamins either... ???? I'm going to ask for the Vitamin Patch too..

My follow-up is Wednesday. I think that is when she'll move me to the next phase.. I'm still on pureed.< /p>

Edited by onmica

What have y'all been doing for exercise? I am a bit discouraged when I think about it and need some help!

I'm swimming. It burns a lot of calories and it doesn't tire me out. I get thirsty, though. I don't know when I'll do weights. Lord knows my arms need it. ????

I was wondering how is everyone doing with the waiting 30 minutes after you drink before you have your protein/meal, and then waiting an hour after you eat before you have your liquids?

So what if I am having a Protein drink that would also count as my Water intake, then want to eat my meal? If I'm eating Protein or drinking protein back to back, do I need to have that time in between there where Im not eating or drinking anything?

Does my question make sense to anybody LOL

My other comment didn't post as a reply. Who knows what I did. Anyway, here's a link to the video. It made all kinds of light bulbs go on for me! http://positively-healthy.com/bariatric-patients-why-you-shouldnt-drink-while-eating/
Hey, thanks for taking time and posting the video it does really explain things clearly.

I count it as liquid. I read it's ideal to have some Protein after every meal. My doctor said not to drink anything 30 minutes after. He said it doesn't matter too much if i drink before. Today i had chicken pot pie Soup blended. It was very fulfilling.

So I'm doing okay with that. I'm not doing okay with drinking protein... i still feel sick drinking them. The only thing i can stomach are the Isopure juices. And they MUST be super cold or I'll throw up. It's not even bad nausea anymore. Now it's straight up..blleehhk...

I'm not taking Vitamins either... ???? I'm going to ask for the Vitamin patch too..

My follow-up is Wednesday. I think that is when she'll move me to the next phase.. I'm still on pureed.

I feel for ya girl. I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your Protein and Vitamins. Is it the swallowing the pill? I am curious to hear what you find out about vitamin Patches.

I bet you're ready to move to the next phase of food.

Yes! I even tested it with some very thin turkey deli and laughing cow cream cheese. It was great... nice to chew again.. everything turned out okay.

When being at work? Forget it...

I was asked that question (I have 30 min before and after waiting period) when being at the follow up. I said waiting with drinking after the meals is usually ok. My stomach feels uncomfortably full when drinking larger amounts of liquid shortly after eating. I don't talk about the tiny sip I usually take to clean the mouth. That doesn't seem to make any difference so I don't think it's doing any harm.

Not eating after drinking for 30 min is quite often not doable at work. Comes with the job. I'm not a desk jockey with regular eating and break times. ;)

Didn't get scolded, btw.

44, 320, 5'3" the doctor's nurse said I have to lose at least 178lbs. I don't have my surgery date yet. I go for my pre-op on 7/12/16

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am very excited and nervous at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not taking Vitamins either... I'm going to ask for the Vitamin patch too..

My follow-up is Wednesday. I think that is when she'll move me to the next phase.. I'm still on pureed.< /p>

im still getting sick daily, have no appitite at all, was back in hospital yesterday 4 more fluids, i go Tuesday they r gonna do a scope to see what the heck is going on i so hope they find something im very frustrated, ive lost 45 pounds, but hard 2 b happy when u dont feel well....im happy 2 hear others r doing so well with eating....i cant take Vitamins or drink Protein it comes back up.

Sorry you are still feeling so bad. I had a follow up Thursday with my surgeon and he cleared me for all exercise. I have also been cleared for exercise from my other doctor for my blood clots. I still need to see the hemotologist for my apt but i did actually see him at work this week and we talked a bit about my situation. I had to reschedule with him because work has been crazy. I have been able to eat anything I want. I ate some pork tenderloin tonight. I went to costco today and had a few samples and I was so full! They had really good chicken meatballs! I try to cook at home but yesterday we when out to Red Robin. I ordered a chicken salad. I hate ordering a full meal because I can't eat much. I have lost 27lbs. Next week I will start full exercise at the Y.

Oh, I also got the Vitamin patch and I love it! It was only $24 with shipping. That is less than I pay for the Bariatric Fusion I was taking. I hated chewing those things. I havent told my doctor I am doing the patch instead but I see my nutritionist Tuesday and will talk to her about it. I feel like I have more energy since I have been doing the patch.

I still feel very low in energy. Had two horrible nightshifts last week (Sun/Mon and Thu/Fri) and I still feel very, very low in energy. In the afternoon I just feel like collapsing. Slept on the couch yesterday afternoon for two hours straight.

I had problems with busy nightshifts before but not to that extend. It seems to take days to recover from them now. Next nightshift is on Thursday again.

I used to exercise a lot before surgery and I recovered from the band removal in February pretty well and was able to exercise pretty soon after surgery. Now I feel like "Exercise? Some days I barely make it through work..."

Nevertheless I have to start doing something. I miss it. Maybe some light yoga to get back into it.

Edited by summerset

The past few days I have ad trouble holding food down and work has been an absolute nightmare! Back pain leg/knee/ankle pain, and I am woozy from not being able to eat! I work today and am off for a few so let's hope I can get through it...[emoji29]

I am also considering taking B-12 for energy because I am constantly tired no matter what!