Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The forums are getting out of control

did you know there is an ignore feature for anyone you find annoying?

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Can someone point us to it? It is not where I've found it on other forums.

well. I don't know on the app. on the computer it is up in the right where your name is, then under settings, then choose ignore preferences and that is where you can add user names of who you want to ignore.

I love it here, makes me feel I'm not alone and really helps listening to other people's experiences...

As for the drama.. I find it entertaining and when I don't I just click out of it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

1fsBjnV.jpg

My new screen saver. Thank you, Dub I needed that.

I'm showing my age here, but I've been on the internet since the AOL message board days. Online communities have ALWAYS been a mixed bag. Between the lack of a sarcasm font, lack of sub-text, differences in communication styles, and just flat out personality differences... I've seen message boards blow up in a hail of obscenities and all-out war. You want to see bare knuckle fighting posts? Go to a parenting board. It's like sharks in a feeding frenzy. The best advice is the same I got when I was pregnant and everyone I met was telling me how to do it "right"... Say "thank you for the input" and then take what works for you and discard the rest.

I'm new to BP (lurking since Jan, posting for about 2-3 weeks), but what I've seen so far is pretty mild as internet community boards go. :)

I guess I view it like @@VSGAnn2014 said ... this is a community and as with any community you are going to encounter the good, the bad, and the ugly. I tend to see any snarky replies as part of the community as a whole ... kind of like my neighborhood. There are those I like & socialize with (the ones I friend on here & might seek out their posts to see what's up), those I am cordial & polite to and would engage in a conversation if I happen to see them (the ones I respond to or comment on posts), and then the ones that I don't particularly care for and avoid at all costs (the posters I ignore or scroll right on by). It doesn't mean I am going to sell my house and move out because some of them are a few french fries short of a Happy Meal! On the contrary .... sometimes I can learn valuable lessons from those poor unfortunate souls, like how I do not want to be/act/sound/etc. and sometimes I just gotta ask myself "Is is gonna matter in 10 years!?!?"

I would rather deal with the drama on here, than be on other forums. Most other WLS forums are dead, and they don't have the wealth of advice that is here. There is more activity here in a day than on most other forums in a month or a week. This is all pretty much thanks to the app, which non of the other sites have. That makes the site very accessible to a lot of people which is a good and bad thing.

When you have a lot of people that have their hormones all in flux this is what happens.

When I get sick of it, I take a break.

I am getting tired of people whining about how the forums are, and making threads and posts about it, when they are just adding to the drama. :lol:

I would rather deal with the drama on here, than be on other forums. Most other WLS forums are dead, and they don't have the wealth of advice that is here. There is more activity here in a day than on most other forums in a month or a week. This is all pretty much thanks to the app, which non of the other sites have. That makes the site very accessible to a lot of people which is a good and bad thing.

When you have a lot of people that have their hormones all in flux this is what happens.

I am getting tired of people whining about how the forums are, and making threads and posts about it, when they are just adding to the drama. :lol:

This ^^^^

Welcome-To-The-Internet-You-Must-Be-New-

Like what you're doing right now as well :)

Well, then, all of our names are in one place, it will be easy to add us to your "ignore" list.

We're helpful like that. Sometimes.

8099ae014833955a118fc427a8ecf25a.jpg

Glad to see the whole "gang" is here, I was waiting lol

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Hmmmm, no. We seem to be missing someone.....let me summon her.

Beetlejuice!

Beetlejuice!

Beetlejuice!

Like what you're doing right now as well :)

I like drama it makes life interesting.

Everyone likes drama, they just don't like it when it doesn't go their way.

Actually my experiences are usually considered too distant to interest most newbies.....(they want realtime references)

So...... I come on here mostly just to stir things up..... :rolleyes: