Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The forums are getting out of control

When I first came across this app during my research I was so excited about the wealth of knowledge and experiences that people shared.

Lately it seems as if these boards have been hijacked by the same gang of people who act like they're the forum police. What happened to giving advice or keep scrolling? I've seen people's post picked apart, taken out of context, or straight out shot down. Somehow the original posts gets hijacked and all off topic.

I appreciate the wisdom and support that has been given on this site. From what I have gathered, being exactly two weeks post-op, all of our experiences are different, backgrounds are different, we're just different. If you don't agree with something, that's fine, if you do that's fine too. Maybe a PM can be sent so that when we read a topic that we would like to know more about, two posts into it and there's childish bickering going on, completely off topic and it's annoying!

Thank you.

Ive been thinking the same. Drama around us

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

. From what I have gathered, all of our experiences are different, backgrounds are different, we're just different.

If you don't agree with something, that's fine, if you do that's fine too.

Relax, it's the internet. No need to get all worked up. As you stated above......everybody's different. ;)

1fsBjnV.jpg

9cdcb7f3220342851efc4166f46d71abcdf5e5c5

. From what I have gathered, all of our experiences are different, backgrounds are different, we're just different.

If you don't agree with something, that's fine, if you do that's fine too.

Relax, it's the internet. No need to get all worked up. As you stated above......everybody's different. ;)

Not worked up at all, just wish we can get back to the basics. The majority of people come here for help, advice, or something they can relate to

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Geez. And I thought things were going well lately.

If you have a specific issue with someone, why not approach them directly with a PM?

I think this forum is rather nice, I haven't seen too many agressive or judgy posts on here.

it is important to keep an eye on where things are posted. to the OP, you may not want to visit the rants and raves, or more social areas if you prefer to keep to a particular bariatric topic. But as many of us will hopefully become friends (because I think it is very important to have friends who are going through the same issues as you are - it is a *key* to long term success) we will often veer off into left field, just as we do when talking to friends in regular daily life.

I have left a lot of other boards because everyone just wants everything to be "nice" and "get along" and I really believe STUFFING feelings and thoughts is an important reason some of us became overweight.

Edited by Christinamo7

it is important to keep an eye on where things are posted. to the OP, you may not want to visit the rants and raves, or more social areas if you prefer to keep to a particular bariatric topic. But as many of us will hopefully become friends (because I think it is very important to have friends who are going through the same issues as you are - it is a *key* to long term success) we will often veer off into left field, just as we do when talking to friends in regular daily life.

I have left a lot of other boards because everyone just wants everything to be "nice" and "get along" and I really believe STUFFING feelings and thoughts is an important reason some of us became overweight.

It is important to keep an eye open where things are posted. Thanks for proving my point even if I don't you meant to:)

I see a topic and OP that I'm interested in with 15 replied and 13 out of that are junk going back and forth because miss spoke.

I love the various personalities in the responses and didn't say anything about holding or stuffing or anything like that dear

It is important to keep an eye open where things are posted. Thanks for proving my point even if I don't you meant to:)

I see a topic and OP that I'm interested in with 15 replied and 13 out of that are junk going back and forth because miss spoke.

I love the various personalities in the responses and didn't say anything about holding or stuffing or anything like that dear

did you know there is an ignore feature for anyone you find annoying?

Message boards are communities. They all have their "personalities." Not everyone is comfortable in every community.

I notice you haven't been active here long. My experience has been that the more I contribute to a message board, the more benefits I get.

The bottom line (for me) is that I come here because of community, because of the people here whom I enjoy. I have made friends here. And I make more all the time. If I didn't enjoy the people here, I wouldn't stay here.

I hope you find some friends here whom you enjoy and continue to make more.

And @@Christinamo7 is right -- if there are people here (including me) who consistently irritate you, put 'em on ignore. Life's too short to be constantly irritated. You've got many more important challenges now, two weeks post-op, than dealing with people on a message board who irritate you.

did you know there is an ignore feature for anyone you find annoying?

Can someone point us to it? It is not where I've found it on other forums.