Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayers and much success for all you May 9ers...I don't have a date yet...possibly still about 4-6weeks out...but experiencing all these emotions already. I am SICK AND TIRED of being this size and unable to do such simple things check my mail, pump my gas, stand in the shower, stand at the stove, etc. Surgery IS a big step but a small price for the return. If I only get to 250 I will feel so happy, happy!!!!

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using the BariatricPal App

The pain is not that bad. Didn't use pain meds for a week, just a few days. After surgery the pain was most in the first 20 minutes after surgery but it lessoned quickly. By evening I had no problem walking the whole floor! Next day I was up and dressed and ready to go. I had my surgery on March 30. My daughter's wedding was May 7. I was able to enjoy it. I was able to eat the chicken, Beans, potatoes, etc. However and happily I only needed a few bites here and there and was full. Concentrated on the Protein from the chicken and the rest after. My husband finished it. I was full and happy not to have any problem. Now I know everyone is different. But my point is don't look for problems that your not even having yet! It is important in first weeks to follow instructions to let yourself heal properly! But life is not over. You will still enjoy food, just not as much in amounts. I even ate a few bites of cake. No frosting, just cake to taste. Everything g was good! And while I didn't pig out I was very satisfied with the little I did have. And I don't feel like I missed anything. I enjoyed it. And my concentration was not on the food but enjoying the whole thing! Didn't need to pig out, enjoyed the food. Tried a bite or two of everything with no bad effects and was satisfied. You will be fine and before you know it you will realize life goes on even with a smaller stomach. You are just not focused on building your life around the food, which Leaves more time to find other things to enjoy! Once you get passed the first week or so you will learn a lot about your new self and I think you will like the new you!

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using the BariatricPal App

The pain is not that bad. Didn't use pain meds for a week, just a few days. After surgery the pain was most in the first 20 minutes after surgery but it lessoned quickly. By evening I had no problem walking the whole floor! Next day I was up and dressed and ready to go. I had my surgery on March 30. My daughter's wedding was May 7. I was able to enjoy it. I was able to eat the chicken, Beans, potatoes, etc. However and happily I only needed a few bites here and there and was full. Concentrated on the Protein from the chicken and the rest after. My husband finished it. I was full and happy not to have any problem. Now I know everyone is different. But my point is don't look for problems that your not even having yet! It is important in first weeks to follow instructions to let yourself heal properly! But life is not over. You will still enjoy food, just not as much in amounts. I even ate a few bites of cake. No frosting, just cake to taste. Everything g was good! And while I didn't pig out I was very satisfied with the little I did have. And I don't feel like I missed anything. I enjoyed it. And my concentration was not on the food but enjoying the whole thing! Didn't need to pig out, enjoyed the food. Tried a bite or two of everything with no bad effects and was satisfied. You will be fine and before you know it you will realize life goes on even with a smaller stomach. You are just not focused on building your life around the food, which Leaves more time to find other things to enjoy! Once you get passed the first week or so you will learn a lot about your new self and I think you will like the new you!

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using the BariatricPal App

I "life goes on with smaller stomach ".... that's what I'm looking fwd to...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

@165B445 - exactly ^

That's why I love my sleeve (been a year) and other than eating less I haven't really changed my diet 180degrees. I am a carb girl so I eat a couple of chips occasionally, or a piece of a cheddar bay biscuit at Red Lobster, but I don't really miss it.

@165B445 - exactly ^

That's why I love my sleeve (been a year) and other than eating less I haven't really changed my diet 180degrees. I am a carb girl so I eat a couple of chips occasionally, or a piece of a cheddar bay biscuit at Red Lobster, but I don't really miss it.

So like you said your just eating less portion size, instead of 4 red lob biscuits (me ) I could prob tolerate one... I'm a meat/potatoes girl... after my open heart surgery 3 yrs ago... I need this VSG for me or another heart bypass is waiting for me at red lobsters with a dozen biscuits ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Wednesday the 18th is MY day. I've never had a day just for me and I'm taking it. I'm scared and anxious but I know I can do this. I've been thru much worse. Question tho. Pre-op diet Breakfast and meal ideas. I'm not on a liquid diet. Thanks! Good luck to our Monday people!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I had the same feeling before my surgery even after I thought what did I do lol but may 27 will be my 2 year anniversary I'm 120 lbs down I'm 140 pounds and I would do it again in a heartbeat! You will be glad you did it too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I was the most confident person about my surgery with no fears. Then, I cried when I was about to be wheeled into the OR. I kept reminding myself that everyone I've ever talked to, whether they had complications or not, said surgery was the best decision they ever made for themselves. It helped. Fear is normal. Three weeks post op and loving it :) it's not without its challenges, but I don't regret it one bit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I was October 6 and lost about 30 lbs pre op. Hit my goal in February, but really started eating normal foods in micro portions around week 6.

I still love food, but now I find it much better than before. Back then, I could easily overeat and feel badly for having done so.

Now I'm a "good boy" all week and most of the day on the weekends. When I go out to eat, I order whatever I want and then pick at the foods that are the most tempting (always order fries).

Of course I can only eat a maximum of 7/8 ounces and everyone shares my fries.

I feel like I've become that skinny girl who can eat anything.

Oh yeah, I know everyone's surgery is different, but mine was totally pain free (easier than getting a crown at the dentist).

I hope you have the same experience!

I'm 10 days post-op, and I'm more certain than ever that this was a great decision. I was sore at first, but now everything feels pain-free and normal.

-Crystal Ball

My surgery was Monday and I feel fine for the most part. No pain, slight nausea. everytime I drink something my stomach does all this bubbling and it's uncomfortable and I burp. I'm also really turned off to food and drink. I know this to will pass. Just rough.

My surgery was Monday and I feel fine for the most part. No pain, slight nausea. everytime I drink something my stomach does all this bubbling and it's uncomfortable and I burp. I'm also really turned off to food and drink. I know this to will pass. Just rough.

I was there for sure. I'm day 23. That has all passed. Only sometimes I get a food stuck and that is painful.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App