Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not telling anyone about their surgery?

I only told my husband and my BFF my children and parents don't even know. As far as work I told my coworkers I was going out to have hernia repair in which I really did along with my WLS. Leading up to my surgery I would get on my social network sites and show pics of me working out, so no one will even suspect I've had this surgery. I've pretty much told everyone I've cut back on carbs and sodas.... They have no reason to not believe me. Good luck to everyone I'm 12 days out post op and I feel great I've lost about 30 pounds in just that period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I work in the medical field, so I'm constantly around a lot of "know it all's" but I refuse to lie about what why I am taking off work. I am sort of a no BS type of person, and feel that my decision to have the gastric sleeve procedure done is my choice and my business. However, if someone asks what I am having done, I will tell them, and when they start to tell me why I should not have it done, or that I'm not big enough to undergo such a procedure, I just tell them that my decision is made and continue with my convo/work. Therefore, most of my coworkers know and I'm okay with it.

Truth is, a lot of the people with so many opinions would probably have it done as well if they could afford it or if their insurance would approve them.

I'm flat out lying. Honestly. Here's my story. Hypnosis and a little acupuncture. . I'm dead serious. I can sell it. I told my office friends that I had a hiatal hernia repair (which is true) and the doc lectured me about losing weight. So I'm looking for a new approach since dieting never worked. Even found a local hypnosis center who does weight loss to sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm flat out lying. Honestly. Here's my story. Hypnosis and a little acupuncture. . I'm dead serious. I can sell it. I told my office friends that I had a hiatal hernia repair (which is true) and the doc lectured me about losing weight. So I'm looking for a new approach since dieting never worked. Even found a local hypnosis center who does weight loss to sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awesome and hella funny!

Edited by carolina07

I only told my husband. At 4 days post-op I was at a big family party and there was a huge BBQ meal. I took a plate of food and just moved stuff around and occasionally raised my fork to my mouth. Nobody noticed I wasn't actually eating. At 2 weeks post-op we went to an amusement park and I walked around from morning until night, no big deal.

Now that I've lost 115 pounds I get a lot of people asking how I did it and I tell them all the details of my diet, I just leave out the surgery part. ;)

And I would not lie and say you're having your gallbladder removed, since it's fairly common for bariatric patients to need that for real further down the road. I just had mine removed last week.

Edited by MrsRoboto

Steven that's awesome! Love it!!!

Thank you!!! And no kidding. That's the plan! My wife says she can't even begin to say it without laughing hahaha. In my life the only people who would ask are the same people who would yell "tidal wave" when I jumped in the pool last year... So SCREW THEM! They don't deserve the truth!!!

I only told my mom, wife, and best friend. Boom!

MrsRoboto I'm so glad to hear you were able to be walking around an amusement park at 2 weeks post op. My son is really looking forward to me chaperoning his class trip so I will make it work regardless but I'm happy to hear you did it with no problems. I'm glad to hear everyone say it's pretty easy to hide the fact that your not actually eating.

115 pounds is awesome!!! Congrats!

Thank you!!! And no kidding. That's the plan! My wife says she can't even begin to say it without laughing hahaha. In my life the only people who would ask are the same people who would yell "tidal wave" when I jumped in the pool last year... So SCREW THEM! They don't deserve the truth!!!

Love love love it!!! So awesome! And yes SCREW THEM!!! I can already tell you are going to do fantastic! When is your surgery date? Im so excited I can't!

I for one was very open about my surgery. I started at 348lbs and losing 100lbs in a couple of months would have been hard to hide.

What I do hate about having people know is:

1) I'm always asked "so how much weight now" a week after I saw them last

2) so how much more are you planning on losing?

3) You're gonna have plastics right?

If I could go back in time, I would not have shared with everyone. It's ultimately nobody's business. You and only you need to know what's going on in your personal life.

Good luck to all of you. This has been the best thing I've ever done for me!!

Love love love it!!! So awesome! And yes SCREW THEM!!! I can already tell you are going to do fantastic! When is your surgery date? Im so excited I can't!

Sleeved 3/29/16. One week ago tomorrow. liquid and Protein intake on target. Zero pain from surgery. I felt soooo good on Saturday that I helped coach my sons lacrosse team. Warning: 5 days on your butt followed by 3 hours on your feet results in a sprained ankle! No joke. It's the only thing keeping me from being 100% back to routine.

I for one was very open about my surgery. I started at 348lbs and losing 100lbs in a couple of months would have been hard to hide.

What I do hate about having people know is:

1) I'm always asked "so how much weight now" a week after I saw them last

2) so how much more are you planning on losing?

3) You're gonna have plastics right?

If I could go back in time, I would not have shared with everyone. It's ultimately nobody's business. You and only you need to know what's going on in your personal life.

Good luck to all of you. This has been the best thing I've ever done for me!!

I've seen first hand people give back handed compliments. And ain't nobody got time for that hahaha good for you that your doing so well. Don't let the mindless comments get to you! Congrats I'm so happy to hear such awesome results.