Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The gastroscopy was vile but thankfully over quite quickly. I got through it by thinking of the end result.

Nothing like that for me

Nor me

I was given a sedative before my gastroscopy and woke up in my hospital bed after, don't remember any of it. I had to do a barium swallow the day after surgery to check for leaks before they could ok me to start drinking liquids.< /p>

Can anyone tell me when/if I can ever drink Irn Bru again? Obviously I wont go back to 2/3 litres a day but the odd 100ml would just keep me going. I'm losing my Glaswegianess - help!

I was told a lifelong no to fizzy drinks, so probably you can't? But check with your group, nutritional programmes vary.

Hi Rosie, find this post and you will get LOADS of info plus a good laugh. Just make sure that you aren't drinking any Irn Bru whilst you are reading some of the posts as it will be evacuated at speed through your nose!

Those who drink diet pop post-op {Only nice comments PLEASE}

what about if I let it go flat before drinking?

Hi

Hope everyone is doing great.

For me, I went to my appointment today and the lady rejected my papers lol. All my friends got a visa and we all had our papers together yet I get rejected for the silliest reasons!

Every time I go there, somehow something seems wrong. This is the 4th time for me trying and every time I loose the money for flights. God is trying to tell me to diet and abandon the idea of having a sleeve surgery? I don't know.

So I decided: instead of feeling upset and depressed that I should try my best and commit to diet and working out. Maybe when I'm back in September, I'll have the surgery in my country who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh Lulu, I'm so sorry. Why have they rejected you?

I gave her passport size photos. The same as I gave the Belgium embassy and they accepted, and the same as when I came here for my visa, and the same for my passport now, and the same as my friends did get their visa, and everyone else and she was like "no. This is not a passport size photo!"

And I repeatedly told her that it is indeed but she refused to take it!

Other reason, I printed the travel insurance with the receipt + terms and conditions + policy scheduled as all is required by the Czech embassy and other Schengen areas as my friends also did and got their visa. But then she said "There is another 42 policy page that you should have printed!"

And I told her I printed everything required and showed her the requirements but she was like "nooo nooo nooo!"

The third reason was kind of my mistake. The visa form for all Schengen areas is the same. Only in tiny writing it says which country the form belongs to and I mistakenly filled the Belgium form! Ahhhh!

That's terrible Lulu. What are you going to do? Have you investigated having your mouth sewn up instead? :)

Where is everyone? Out showing off your new slimline bodies in the sun no doubt. Hopefully I'll be joining you next year!

Morning all! Just thought I would drop in and let you know about my NSV last night!

(Admittedly, it started out with a bit of a nightmare!)

I was happily sitting at home, in my pjs (no judging) after dinner last night when I logged into my work emails. I was waiting for a client to send something back that I needed for today, and being the paranoid soul I am, wanted to check it was in my inbox.

I logged in, and to my horror, it was not. (Wild panic ensued). I then checked my outbox and to even more horror, my last email was stuck there!

Long story short, dashed out of my PJs into the first clothes out of the closet and raced to work to send the email properly. It wasn't until I got home that I realised the jeans I had slung on were the ones I had bought before surgery, that wouldn't even go over my thighs. Admittedly, they were still a bit tight on the tummy, but I am taking that as my first NSV thank you very much!

Hope everyone is well!

MB

OOOH, what a great feeling - well done!

What's an NSV?