Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi rosie cheeks

How long have you bein sleeved for I got mines on 23rd Feb 16

I am struggling am eating junk food crisps biscuits

Am so annoyed at myself

Am still losing weight but not as much as I would like to x

Sent from my SM-G928F using the BariatricPal App

Hi

I was sleeve on 19th April. I'm ok, struggling to reach Protein levels but certainly not eating junk food. Goodness, the thought of wasting the £5,000 I've spent on the op is enough to keep me away from the biscuit barrel. I'm quite fanatical at reading labels and weighing things out, I'm sure it will wear off in time but hopefully by then I'll have got the hang of healthy eating.

Time to be brutally honest, get yer face out the tuck shop and start saying no. The sleeve isn't a magic wand, it's an aide, you have to work with it not against it and don't say "I'll start tomorrow" - START NOW!

Good luck.

Yes I was like that at 1st I also self paid but I haven't had a support group as I closed my fb account due to negative comments I got sleeved at albyn I fell like I not getting eny support from them thanks for input

Keep posting here, we'll support you but you've got help yourself too. I was feeling down because I didn't lose much this month but it's just made me all the more determined.

I always have a small treat on a Friday and In Waitrose yesterday I saw my favourite Mackies ice cream, I absolutely adore it but you can almost feel the calories sliding down your throat. I was in one of those 'will I, wont I' dilemmas but then I thought it's silly to jump on that slippery slope as I know my willpower is limited when faced with a huge tub of Mackies. So, my alternative treat was some raspberry sorbet. If you don't buy it, you can't eat it.

C'mon girl, dig deep and find your mojo - you can do it!

Good work there Rosie, it is about will power at the end of the day. The thing that Spurs me on is the smaller size in the jeans ! I doubt as I will lose much more now I am hovering around the 11 stone mark up a pound down a pound but it's so much better than weighing almost 18 stone. It will be a year for me in three weeks so I am trying to be under the 11 and staying there by that date. Good luck to us all going downwards !

Thank you my mistake was not having a support group to look at success stories and tips I really do fell like after my op my nut jst no support at all I have a rowing machine and a treadmill but fell in have no energy I have under active thyroid aswell all my hair is falling out find that Ave lost interest in food so I will grab a easy snax jst so I have calories in I think mybe just a rough patch need to take so me time and figure out some kinda eating plan is there eny sites were I could mybe get some wkly meal plans x

I live on my own so cooking for one is soul destroying. I make a healthy vegetable or mushroom Soup at the beginning of each week and have that every day for lunch. I make a large soft fruit/berry salad and sometimes have some for Breakfast or I'll have porridge. I buy M&S or Slimming World calorie counted ready meals for variety and I'll have half of one of them for dinner. I try to add a scoop of unflavoured Protein Powder to everything I can.

I don't know of any meal plan sites as I'm just doing my own thing but I guess there'll be some out there.

I live on my own so cooking for one is soul destroying. I make a healthy vegetable or mushroom Soup at the beginning of each week and have that every day for lunch. I make a large soft fruit/berry salad and sometimes have some for breakfast or I'll have porridge. I buy M&S or Slimming World calorie counted ready meals for variety and I'll have half of one of them for dinner. I try to add a scoop of unflavoured Protein powder to everything I can.

I don't know of any meal plan sites as I'm just doing my own thing but I guess there'll be some out there.

Cooking for one is "soul destroying"?

I don't cook a lot, but the thought of having to cook three meals a day for a large family like my mother and grandmother's had to do doesn't remotely appeal to me.

I get to decide what I make, when. Fortunately, I don't find that soul destroying.

I am learning how to "cook" and am finding it fun to roast or grill a protein and some vegetables. I still eat a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, turkey, etc. that don't need to be "cooked".

Each to their own but yes, I hate cooking for one. I too eat stuff that doesn't need to be cooked.

Good work there Rosie, it is about will power at the end of the day. The thing that Spurs me on is the smaller size in the jeans ! I doubt as I will lose much more now I am hovering around the 11 stone mark up a pound down a pound but it's so much better than weighing almost 18 stone. It will be a year for me in three weeks so I am trying to be under the 11 and staying there by that date. Good luck to us all going downwards !

Well done Chris.

I'm looking forward to seeing what difference a year makes although with my low eight loss last month, I'm a bit sceptical but trying to banish all negativity and carry on.

Really struggling with Protein levels. I've managed 43 today but only 19 yesterday and 22 the day before. I can't think how to get more down my neck.

I've got my knickers in a right twist over Protein intake. I'm getting nowhere near 60g despite trying to add powder to everything. Today I've managed 36g. I also don't seem to have lost any weight for about six weeks.

Umm I think if your weight is still the same after 6 weeks you should make a drastic change either in your diet or workout. Hope all goes well with u! And you lose it fast! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Rosie- give us an average day for you an maybe we can help out a bit?

Also, as I remember you're not a big fan of meat/seafood, so let us know what you like/hate and we can try and figure this out.

It may also be worth speaking to your GP about seeing a dietician. I'm off for my first appointment next month, which I'm hoping will be good.

MB

Rosie- give us an average day for you an maybe we can help out a bit?

Also, as I remember you're not a big fan of meat/seafood, so let us know what you like/hate and we can try and figure this out.

It may also be worth speaking to your GP about seeing a dietician. I'm off for my first appointment next month, which I'm hoping will be good.

MB

I have asked my GP for an appointment with a Dietician.

Yesterday (a typical day) I had

Brekkie

100g Strawberries

25g half-fat creme fraiche

lunch

150ml homemade mushroom & pancetta Soup

dinner

100g Lamb Rump Steak

50g Potato Dauphinoise

Throughout the day I drank Water and fresh 2 X coffee made with 100ml semi skimmed milk each time

Whilst I'm not exercising per se, as my breathing wont allow it, I'm walking more and will use stairs when possible etc.

I've been to Holland & Barrett this morning and bought some Protein Bars so thought I'd replace lunch with one of them..

PS, Yes, I don't eat fish, seafood or eggs through allergies but am getting better with meat now.

Edited by RosieCheeks