Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

okay for home tomorrow. no pain just the feeling of trapped wind. cant wait to be back in my own bed.

I know that feeling . You will be so happy to get home and know that the op is over and done with

Home, in bed, it's never felt so lovely. Update tomorrow, I'm exhausted.

Feel better for being back in my own bed. Still struggling to sleep on anything but my back which is weird as I never sleep on my back but it's uncomfortable any other way at the moment. Not in any pain, just a little uncomfortable in a 'trapped wind' sort of way. Showered this morning and a couple of teaspoons of custard for brekkie. Waiting on nurse to come and give me my DVT injections. Trying to upkeep my Fluid intake by sipping at Water constantly.

Mentally I'm convinced I've done the right thing, just can't wait to start seeing the results and get started on a wild shopping spree for clothes from 'normal' shops. Harvey Nick, here I come.....

Just looking at your stats and they are quite similar to mine but I am much older than you! You will do really well as long as you keep moving and follow your plan. Great feeling to be back at home

Hope so Chris. Thanks.

can I ask, is it normal to get terrible 'runs'? I had 100ml clear Soup before and it's gone right through me and I don't want to say what happened, needless to say there was a right mess. Sorry to be graphic.

Feeling ok, no pain, just an occasional discomfort under the left ribs. Struggling to drink the recommended 2/3 litres of Water a day, not drinking anywhere near that.

In reply to the question about the runs I was the other way did not go for quite a while ! Mind as lipstick lady says never trust a fart. I think it is probably quite normal what happened , jet be aware so that you limit the damage !

okay now Chris, must have been something that didn't agree with me. I'm astonished at how painless the whole thing has been. Fingers crossed it continues that way.

Well, stitches are out and I'm feeling absolutely fine. Had some french onion Soup today with onions (Well I never...), and croutons (very soft and soggy) seems to have gone down well. Going for the mashed spuds tonight. I've had no adverse effects whatsoever. Keeping a track of what I eat and I'm nowhere near my Protein goal of 90g a day and struggling with Water but I'm taking a daily multi-Vitamin and mineral.

Weight coming off steadily, can't see it yet but I can tell in my clothes.

All in all I'm really positive.

Hi Rosie

So glad it's going well. I am getting sleeved in July in the Czech Republic... going though New Leaf. I'm nervous and excited all at once.

How are you finding aftercare on the NHS? I'm wondering how it might work for me once I'm back from self-funded surgery overseas and all that.

Hi Rose

Good luck with your op.

My GP was fabulous, I made an appointment to see her before I went and discussed everything with her. She arranged for District nurses to come out every day for a week after I got home to give me my DVT injections as I couldn't face doing them myself. Other than that I've not had much dealings apart from getting my stitches out but she did say if I was worried about anything to contact her.

Make an appointment with your GP and discuss it with them is my advice.