Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before & After RNY Pics

Hello RNYers!

After initial consultation with my surgeon, he highly recommended that I pursue gastric bypass rather than sleeve given my high starting BMI. I had gone into the meeting set on the sleeve; needless to say, I am now looking at RNY as I trust his medical opinion and evaluation of my health.

I am curious about those of you who have had RNY, specifically your starting weight/BMI and your progress to date. So...I invite those of you who feel comfortable to share your before and after RNY pics and progress.

Thanks to you all!

Dev

I am 33 months post op RNY. I would recommend that you take a good before photographs so that you can compare it to the after photograph. Often times we fail to really see ourselves. And after surgery, we sometimes question our weight loss because we have nothing to compare it to.

This is my 6 month before and after photo. I tried to duplicate the same pose.

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Operation.jpg

post-261270-14568858296283_thumb.jpg

This is me 4 weeks before surgery and 5 months after. It's not all rainbows and butterflies, but I'd do it again 100 times to feel as good as I do.

Here's mine. About 6 months before surgery and a year after. post-249376-1457127233919_thumb.jpg

post-249376-14571227661117_thumb.jpg

Edited by Indieflickers

Hey Dev,

My original RNY was in 2002. I was 5'2" and 268 then 11 months later I was at goal 132 pounds. I did just have a revision 2/9/16 but you can read my story in my profile if you'd like.

Here's a picture:

post-284868-0-42062600-1457125010_thumb.jpg

Best of luck with your surgery and feel free to ask all the questions you want :)

Hello,

I had gastric bypass on October 19th, 2015, so I am currently just about 4 1/2 months post op.

My highest weight was 355, surgery weight was 324 and currently I am 258. You can find me on instagram at rny_101915, I post progress pictures there.

Good luck on your journey!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1456885822.386895.jpg

This is me 4 weeks before surgery and 5 months after. It's not all rainbows and butterflies, but I'd do it again 100 times to feel as good as I do.

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but your before pic os great. You didn't look like you needed WLS.

post-264681-14574492025639_thumb.jpg

post-264681-14574492206957_thumb.jpg

post-264681-14574492330458_thumb.jpg

Almost 5 months since surgery. 242lbs in before pictures and 163 now. Down 79 pounds since October 12, 2015.

I had a gastric bypass revision in March 2015. Starting weight was 287, current weight 180. I have plenty of progress photos on my Instagram @amishamaree post-233741-14581140474234_thumb.jpg

Here's mine. About 6 months before surgery and a year after. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1457127231.511460.jpg

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1457122764.819956.jpg

Thank you for such beautiful photos. Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App