Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NYer going to NYU med center

Hi Guys.....I was banded by Dr Fielding. He does the fills without a floroscope.

He knows just where the port is and has never had to do a second stick. Gasper the Nurse Practioner was great too.

Julie how do I PM you? I'm having a ventricle hernia and pannus surgery done August 20th by Dr Fielding.......how bad is the recovery going to be? The banding was a breeze compared to what is coming next.

help!!!!!!!

Judy

Hi:

I'm curious, what are these surgeries that Dr. Fielding will be performing on you? Were you originally banded? I am very green with this language, so please forgive me.

thanks,

/nilsa

Hi:

I started my journey for this in January and I'm being banded on 8/13 by Dr. Fielding. I met him only once and I felt pretty comfortable with him. He has a strong reputation for knowing what he is doing and he is also banded and knows first hand what anyone is going through which made me very comfortable.

It is hard to go through the process once you get your appointment with the surgical coordinator because she works so hard and is constantly busy. You cannot get her on the telephone, the girl works like a horse, so that was the most frustrating part for me because she is the person who deals with the insurance and my insurance happens to be the worse of them all (Aetna).

So, onward and upward and hopefully downward in weight!

Keep me posted!

/n.:ranger:

Congratulations on finally getting a date for your surgery! From what Dr. Ren tells us her husband, Dr. Fielding is the best and she refers him all her patients that may be complicated in anyway - only meaning he can handle it all. I had a ruptured appendix in 1989 and a C-section in 1997 and the dr. told me I had tons of scar tissue so I may have to have Dr. Fielding as well. Keep us posted. You must be excited?

Congratulations on finally getting a date for your surgery! From what Dr. Ren tells us her husband, Dr. Fielding is the best and she refers him all her patients that may be complicated in anyway - only meaning he can handle it all. I had a ruptured appendix in 1989 and a C-section in 1997 and the dr. told me I had tons of scar tissue so I may have to have Dr. Fielding as well. Keep us posted. You must be excited?

Yeah I'm excited. I'm making myself a ceviche to say goodbye to shrimp tonight. LOL - I go on my liquid Proteins tomorrow morning!

I will let you know what happens!

/nilsa

Hey Everyone!!

If all goes well I am scheduled for Aug 27. YES!! CANT WAIT!! I am nervous about the pre-op liquid diet. I will have to remove food from my apt and possibly tie myself down after 8 P.M. LOL

Good luck MissNilsa! Keep us posted.

Sooverit- Hi, How are you coming along?

Oh, I feel very positive about Dr. Ren. She knows her business!

LIGHT ER NYC:bounce::whoo:

Hey Lighter: Congrats on getting your day! I know what you mean about being nervous about the liquid diet...but I think after the 2nd day you may lose your appetite...even people who fast for weeks have reported this.

My progress will be slow but that's okay. My PCP went on vacation for 2 weeks:rolleyes: and I am waiting for him to get back so I can do the sleep Apnia test. So far I've done the seminar, on-line video, survey, and psy eval. Then when vacationing doc is back the apnia test, blood tests, physical, and God willing he will write the 6 progress report letters and a letter of recommendation for lap band surgery. I fully expect my insurance company to pay...I fully expect my insurance cmpany to pay...(positive visualization)...I full

Update: I had my psych eval on Aug. 3 - almost didn't pass, Dr. was leery about the fact that I have a tendency to binge. Hello? How does he think I got this huge? By eating like a bird and not eating in between meals? Is there anything wrong with eating 8-10 MINI Reese's Peanut Butter cups one after another? Ha Ha! I also had my physical & bloodwork. Made appointments for cardiac workup, mammo, chest x-ray, & gyn. Starting Chantix tomorrow to to stop smoking. Nutritional Assessment is scheduled for Sept. 10 - so things are moving.

Congrats LIGHT ER NYC!!!! We are gonna do this!! It's surreal... but fantastic:bounce:!!!!

I had mine done by Dr. Fielding in March. I just discovered I have a leak, but its not there fault. He has been helpful. Just beware, they never get back to you when you call! They are VERY busy.

Maria I liked Dr Hubertman ( not sure of the spelling) I switched to shopping at night instead of eating. <wink> The online stores never close. The UPS guy is adorable. All kidding aside I have found I'm not nearly as obsessed with eating as in the past. My kids are grown so I'm not making family meals anymore. Eating out isn't bad either. I pick any appetizer that doesn't make me sick. I'm not a drinker so I have my cappicino before dinner. Keeps me from picking on the bread and making me sick. Fresh bread that like will get stuck in the band.

Trust me it all sounds over whelming now but you will get into a routine...

Nothing tastes as good as THIN looks......

Hi Maria:

We are neck in neck here....I have my Nutritional Assesment on August 30th at NYU~! Tonight I do the sleep apnia test. I got a check up today and had high blood pressure for the first time ever...must be mind over matter - more reasons for the insurance company to pay out!

Hey Everyone,

Strangest thing - 1 more week before liquids, and I am not ravenous. I think my nerves are kicking in!

Anyway, Maria-- Before next week, you and me at Kotabuki!

Snowangle, would you be willing to share how you got the leak and what will be done about it?

Also-trying to set myself up with some positive/healthy activities rather than emotional eating. Any suggestions?

LIGHT ER NYC

Snowangle, would you be willing to share how you got the leak and what will be done about it?

I don't know how it happened, its very rare. Its a 10 minute office procedure with a local, so it should be just fine. Crossing fingers!

Hey Josie: Howz Texas treating ya? We are lifetime NYers but almost had to move to TX for my husb's business. I thought it was a fun place except for the heat, but I bet with the weight off it's much more tolerable.

That's funny you say that ... My boyfriend wants us to move to Austin, TX (once the real estate market comes back and we can sell our house on Long Island) I love that area and am totally on board but told him I would have to lose a significant amount of weight first or I'd never be able to handle the heat - LOL!

Good luck everyone!

Hi All,

MissNilsa - it's getting closer!! You lucky girl!

Sooverit - You helped make my decision to have Dr. Fielding do the operation because I have had laproscopic gall bladder removal and a c-section as well and I know he's good at navigating scar tissue. Yeah, we are pretty much neck and neck! From what I can see with how these appointments are being set up - I'll probably go in October, maybe you will go in sooner.

Snowangel - I hope all goes well with the repair of the leak, sounds like just minor discomfort and inconvenience.

Spunkywoman - I LOVED Dr. Huberman! He really picked my brain! The questions he asked!

LIGHT ER NYC - Kotabuki it is!!! That place is calling my name! :hungry:

Love to All,

Maria