Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NYer going to NYU med center

Glad to hear you are doing well Debi717! Thanks for the info, good to know about the satellite office in White Plains. Thank you for assuring me about Drs. Fielding & Ren. They are top notch, we are so lucky. Keep me posted on your journey!

Maria

Anyone being banded August 27? Dr Fielding is doing my ventricle hernia ...it's over 12 inches long. Insurance has given me a run for my money but the finally said yes.

I don't know what a ventricle hernia is. Dr. Fielding fixed my hiatal hernia and removed my gallbladder at the same time he placed the lap band. I've had no problems whatsoever. If Dr. Fielding is doing your surgery, I'm sure you'll do fine. He's a very gifted surgeon. I've felt wonderful since my hiatal hernia was fixed -- haven't had heartburn since my surgery and I used to get it all the time.

Good luck to you!

I was banded on August 7 ,2006. I have lost 45 pounds. I'm older and unable to exercise. I have 6 compressed disks in my back. I'm hoping the hernia repair will help get me moving again......on to the next fifty pounds. Good luck on your surgery. I know you will do just fine.

spunky

i just found out that my surgeon doesnt place the AP band so im looking at other Drs. My question is: what was the wait time from the day you recieved your surgery date till surgery?

I was supposed to find my date out yesterday but the receptionist kind of brushed me off and told me she'd call me next week. Im really sick of waiting. Im starting to get pretty bummed.

Ive done an unrequired 6 month diet and exercise because of the bad info from this office. I could have been banded more than 6 months ago since my insurance doesnt require the 6 month D/E but the receptionist told me otherwise.

I feel that if I am trusting my life to a dr, I should expect excellence and I have not seen that in this office. Depending on how long getting restarted will take I may or may not switch.

Lighter in NYC, I can't remember if you e-mailed me about how it went with Dr. Ren. When is your surgery date? Or has it passed and you really are lighter in NYC!??!

I missed you. Where have you been and what stage are you at now?

Surgery tomorrow-Aug 27- I have to be at NYU at 7AM.

This is the easy part! The emotionally draining part was going to all the appointments NYU and my PCP have required. So glad its finally here.:confused::whoo::clap2:;)

OMG tomorrow Lighter! I can't believe I thought about you today when I got on and you are going in tomoroowwwww.... I am excited for you. How long will your your drive be in the morning? You should be fine if you are on the road before 6:00 a.m. roads are nice and open!

Are you staying over night at the hospital? I was thinking I wanted to stay at a really nice hotel in the city the night of if they do not keep me since I'm saving thousands having it done at NYU instead of here on the Island. How do you feel now? Keeping calm I hope?

I had a delay, but don't really mind, when I couldn't get a nutritionist appt. date until the 30th of this month. I had all the tests, visited with the Phych. Paperwork in order, but I am waiting to see if my PCP is going to cooperate with the 6 month progress report letters he needs to sign. I typed them up for him as well as the referral letter. Hope he doens't think I'm too pushy. I just wanted to give him an example and I know how busy he is!

Best to you you'll do great and look gorgous and thin and be healthy very soon....

:confused::girl_hug:;):girl_hug::girl_hug:

I am just finishing up my last carbonated drink now. I have not been nervous up until about 2 hours ago. AHHHH!!!! My drive should not be more than 1:15,so I will leave around 5:30 AM.

Our doctors require us to remain overnight. They are the best and want to cover all bases. Better for us!

Maybe you can wait to reward yourself in a swanky hotel a couple of weeks after surgery so you can really do it right!

Sending positive vibes your way. Keep up the good work!!!!!:confused::girl_hug:;):car::whoo::clap2::girl_hug::nervous:)

Welcome back Light! It's finally over and you've done it!! Yeah..:clap2: Congratulations! How did it go? I hope you are enjoying your stay at the hospital ...let them wait on you and pamper you for a change. We are all here for you....complain or gloat as much as you like! take good care and rest up for the beach next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:girl_hug:thanks for the positive vibes...I feel em

Hi Joan,

My name is Kelly and I was banded at NYU on July 6th by Dr. Ren>she was fantastic. I also had an omenectomy>I have had my first fill done by Dr. Fielding who is out of this world! He is so easy to talk to and has the band himself. This has been an incredible journey so far. Best of luck to you!!