Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you say "what did I do" !

Oh yes I definitely said that and frankly for quite sometime after but at 6 months post-op, I am so glad I did it!!

Guys I'm three days out and I can say I feel super disappointed. I'm in a lot of pain (abdominal and my chest/espoghagus). I keep reading people aren't in pain. Is there anyone feeling like the game operation guy. My insides feel all twisted up and by the way I cannot stand the smell or sight of most foods especially broth. Please help me!!!

I am 4 days out! December 16th.

You're not alone!

I am still in pain!! The left side is brutal!

No regrets. I keep telling myself this is only temporary.

You have to endure the storm to get to the Rainbow ????

But.... This loud constant stomach rumbling?!! It's loud like a sink emptying. And feels weird!!

Anyone else?? Is this normal?

Edited by elisaswan

I'm dec 16th too. And I wonder what the noises are too... So weird. I am in a LOT of pain. I wonder if I've done the right thing. I'm nauseous today. I miss my kids (1 & 5) they don't understand why mommy isn't mommy. I cry a lot. The pain is terrible.

But.... This loud constant stomach rumbling?!! It's loud like a sink emptying. And feels weird!!

Anyone else?? Is this normal?

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Keep talking to your doctor about it to make sure you have what you need to get to the other side of the pain. It WILL get better.

Surgery pain is unique for everyone. When I say that I have little pain, I am comparing it to the five other major surgeries (non-bariatric) I've had over the years. And I started early, at age 12. So, my experience of pain may be different than yours. Three days out from surgery, though, I am still taking half-doses of hydrocodone. Don't be afraid to use your prescribed medicine. If you try to simply tough out the pain, it often wins.

The tummy gurgling is normal. It means your new teeny, tiny stomach is working! This is a happy sound.

The stomach sounds are annoying but normal. I am only just now getting used to it. I recall the first 3 to 5 days being the worst, so hang in there all of you! It will be worth it! I promise!

Day 13: I pooped. Normal. Not painful. Just a run of the mill poo. The tummy no longer rumbles like a volcano. The bites of mush I had today stayed down. The pain I still have is relieved by two Tylonol. The wounds are all red welts now, not scabby or open. I even went swimming. I judge if I'm getting enough liquids by counting the times I say to myself, oh I gotta pee. I think the worst is behind me, and the best is ahead. So endith day 13.

Edited by Emilie.Lancaster

Never, not for one second have I regretted my decision :)

@scottyd1264 I've never regretted the surgery itself ... Just the actual act of going through it!

I'm 44 and this was my very first surgery ever ... So I was scared to death ... of death! Really thought I was going to bite the bullet on the table ...

But once it was over ... and I was awake ... I hurt a little bit ... nothing like I expected ... shoulder gas pain was the worst ...

But every day since July 8th has been an incredible day :)

Never a second thought!

I questioned what I had done the first few days, but as the weight came off and I felt better, the regret ended. Now at almost 5 months out and 100 lbs down, I know it was the wisest decision I ever made regarding my health!

I'm dec 16th too. And I wonder what the noises are too... So weird. I am in a LOT of pain. I wonder if I've done the right thing. I'm nauseous today. I miss my kids (1 & 5) they don't understand why mommy isn't mommy. I cry a lot. The pain is terrible.

Hey 12/16 Surgery twin!

How are you doing? Tonight I have soreness in my abdominal area... Not pain anymore. I feel I am getting better every day! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. A beautiful rainbow awaits us after the storm.

How are you?!

Yes I had buyers remorse, especially when I had a complication. However once that passed, I realized that there is nothing to regret!

I am going to be very honest, sometimes I have fleeting moments of mild regret that come from a psychological place. I am still coming to terms with the fact that I can no longer use food as an emotional crutch. Also for me eating was a hobby of some sort, I just liked to eat good food in large quantities.

Now I just have these fleeting moments, they pass very fast and all I do is say to myself "this is your food addiction speaking, you are not hungry and you dont need food to be happy, this was a great idea". It has become a very rare occurance that I feel that way now although at first it was very frequent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Ray92

Not really, no. I was pretty out of it most of the day. My the time I was really lucid I felt good enough to take a walk. Never took narcotic pain meds, never looked back. The first month wasn't all puppies and rainbows, but I didn't expect it to be after having 90% of my stomach removed either. It gets a little better every day.

Hey 12/16 Surgery twin!

How are you doing? Tonight I have soreness in my abdominal area... Not pain anymore. I feel I am getting better every day! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. A beautiful rainbow awaits us after the storm.

How are you?!

I'm doing MUCH better! No more pain, just sore and tire out easy but I'll take it!!!

Since I was self-pay I think I pretty much knew this was what I wanted. I didn't regret anything. I consider the sleeve and quitting smoking to be my two best decisions that I have ever made. I feel reborn.

As soon as the death-nausea went away, I had no doubts whatsoever. Even with the death-nausea, I didn't regret it, just wanted to escape it.