Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you say "what did I do" !

When you got up to your hospital room, did you say what did i do.... How long after did you realize you did the right thing

Are you kidding? I was asking myself that in the recovery room! But then I just kept reminding myself that this was a huge leap off a very big cliff, and I was going to fly!

That, or it could have been the good drugs.

Yes I had buyers remorse my first 2wks out but now I am getting over it ..

When you got up to your hospital room, did you say what did i do.... How long after did you realize you did the right thing

Not for one single minute. I had a really pleasant and pain free surgical experience. I knew the moment I woke up this was the right thing to do. This was confirmed when I got home 2 days later and saw my feet were not swollen for the first time in years and reconfirmed when I went for my 2 week follow up and had lost 26lbs.

I was sleeved Monday (12/14) and it has not been all butterflies and unicorns but have never been so optimistic in my life! Absolutely no buyers remorse from me!

I regretted every second of every day for 2 weeks. Now that I am almost 5 weeks out I have no regrets.

My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner - my surgery was 10 Nov 2015. I'm curious as to the source of the remorse. Is it the pain? Missing food? Realization that your eating life is forever changed?

I seem to have been one of the lucky ones. My surgery was 10 Nov 2015. I went home the same day. I had only minor discomfort the first few days but no real pain. At one point I wondered if they actually performed the surgery until I realized I couldn't eat more than 1/4 of a cup.

Of course, I miss all the holiday dinners and treats --- but then I look at the 39 pounds I have lost so far and smile.

Never had any buyer's remorse. My recovery was also so much easier and pain free than I expected. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Yes, I said that for the first two weeks. I was convinced I had destroyed my life. Once you get back to eating normal food and you start losing weight and feeling better, the fear goes away. I can say now that at 28 months post-op my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Every day for the first week. In the hospital wasn't so bad, I just hated dragging my IV around and I felt so helpless. But once I got home I felt like crap, I couldn't get down my pain meds cause they tasted awful, everything I ate made my stomach gurgle, I couldn't get my fluids in.. But every day has gotten a little better! I feel good!

Guys I'm three days out and I can say I feel super disappointed. I'm in a lot of pain (abdominal and my chest/espoghagus). I keep reading people aren't in pain. Is there anyone feeling like the game operation guy. My insides feel all twisted up and by the way I cannot stand the smell or sight of most foods especially broth. Please help me!!!

@@caressaxoxo I grok. Three days out had me back into the hospital in extreme pain. Put your mind on auto pilot and roll through the pain. You must keep going forward as there is no going back. No chance ever of a do-over. It will heal. All of it. broth sucks? Don't have it. Take the popsicle. Everything is swollen and sore on there. It isn't easy to adjust. Sip and take your pain killers. It will look better after some rest.

I was sleeved on 12/8. The first week I would wake up feeling great but by the end of the day I regretted my decision, I would lay in my bed and cry thinking I really messed up by getting this done. This week has been 100x better, pain is subsiding and I surprisingly have a lot of energy. I feel more and more like myself everyday. But I know with major life changes like this there will be good days and bad days so I'm trying to just roll with it.