Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yup. I was cold pretty much non-stop for the first couple of months. I think it is pretty common and due to the shift in hormones and other metabolic changes.

Edited by FrankiesGirl

I feel the cold a lot more now than I did before surgery.

My doc warned me that I'd be colder than ever this winter since I'm losing my fat insulation.

Oh man maybe I need to reschedule for the summer lol!! I just had a hysterectomy in August and have been dealing with terrible hot flashes now that it's cooler I'm always cold. Guess I better get ready to layer up! :)

Maybe invest in a snuggy?!? Lol :)

I am 17 months post op and always freezing. I have an electric blanket on my bed and a heated throw for my living room- and I live in Florida.

Seems like I never get completely warm.

@@glitter eyes - I thought it was only me here in Florida freezing when it is 75 degrees out. I couldn't sleep Saturday night because I was freezing. I finally got up put on long sleep pants 7 socks and crawled back into bed - miserable ;( feeling like that...I hate being cold.

I'm the same way girls !

BUT ... I found these amazing sheets for the bed on QVC .... they are called Polar Fleece ...

WOW ... I NEVER want to get out of bed ... they are so warm and so soft ... worth every single penny!

I'm always cold to now ... before WLS I sweat like a butcher ... but now ... brrrrrr...so having these sheets makes me look forward to going to bed ! :)

Oh I am right there with you...and I live in Arizona! Basically everyone in my office rolls their eyes when I complain I'm cold at this point, because they're usually all warm/hot because if I had my way the thermostat would be set to "tropical heat". My husband wanders around shirtless while I snuggle under a blanket on the couch in my socks, pants, and sweater. I guess it's a good thing that I've lost me thick layer of insulating fat??!

Yea you will even get more cold. I am 1 year and 4 months today and it's something that I don't like ???? it's been to cold for me.. I live in Las Vegas and this summer was great for me.. Lol

Edited by lovingdavid

Ditto... I have been able to tie my cold to my weight loss periods. When I have a "stall" I tend to not been as cold.... Only when I am actively losing does the cold set it - and boy does it. I now have to wear thermal. Husband is from Minnesota and he rolls his eyes - we live in California.

I am living in Minnesota and my wife thinks I am nuts for being cold all the time. I am six weeks out. I grew up ice fishing, deer hunting, hiking, and snowmobiling so cold is what we do up here. I feel like a whimp as of late. Heck it has not even been below zero yet.

@@retrieverguy I completely understand living in the north and growing up in the cold brutal winters ...

I am originally from update NY ... and snowmobiling / hunting / ice fishing was the "NORM" in the winter time ... not to mention sledding and shoveling!

But now ... as I live in GEORGIA ... and had my sleeve in July .. I am constantly cold ..

hubby thinks I lost some marbles along with the weight ! :)

But .. I'm always wrapped up now ... it's almost 70 outside today ... and I have my heater on, a long sleeved tee shirt and a zip up sweatshirt !

BUT .... I will pile on more clothes ... just for the happiness that shedding the pounds / insulation has brought me :)

Totally worth it!