Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Fills / Adjustment Info

what is fluoro and barium? i was banded on 7/21/11 and am getting first fill in three weeks.

thanks

Here is a website that will come in handy when thinking about fills/adjustments. Great information. I have seen this information before and it is really good.

http://lapbandtransf...Adjustments.htm

Thanks! That info will be very helpful for me when the time comes.

I was banded 7/26/2011 and was told I got a small fill at that time. I received my first, after surgery, fill on 8/24. Here I am 5 days later and I don't notice a difference. I've read through the thread where it says it can take a few days to up to 4 weeks to 'feel the fill'. Really? I'm due to go back in 4 weeks for another fill. *confused*

I was banded on 7-28-11. I got my first fill on 9/7. I was still able to eat normal. I got.my second fill on 10/6. I cant even eat a whole half of a sandwich. I am at 7cc.

Is there anything against me copying what Peni60 says at the top of this thread so I can print it and save it? My first fill is 1/10/12 and I cant wait Im wanting to get going with my weight loss! I didnt realize my stomach would be grumpy with me but hey Im glad to be informed!!

Thanks everyone!!

GREAT INFO

Thank you that is great!!

I had stopped using artificial sweeteners awhile ago. there are so many bad effects, and many I am sure will show up!

Love that you mentioned butter! I am always careful with the amount of butter I use and feel good about it!

Dr. Oz had a guy on last week that also mentioned not eating "diet" foods. we all have so much to learn. reading labels is the one I work on most!

I love all the info we get her....

I had my surgery on 12-23-11 and first fill on 1/23/12--I nearly starved before then and felt a little something for a couple of days and then felt like I had no band --I only remembered this forum today and am very glad I found it because I am going in for a second fill tomorrow and might have really said something to the Dr because I am ready to not be starving and loose weight again--I lost 114 lbs. before surgery and got it to loose 105 more --I am getting conflicting information from the Surgeon. and his nutritionist because he basically says to starve myself and she says the 6 weeks after surgery are to heal and loose if it happens--I went to a very good diet Dr and weight lost clinic who were attached to another banding group that dissolved and she helped me loose weght that stayed off for the first time in my 65 years of dieting--I am actually thinking of going back to her for weight lose with this band and finding someone else to do my fills if he objects--her name is Dr. T. Rogers in San Antonio and she is very knowledgeable with a very complete weight lose clinic

I have not had a fill yet.....was afraid to get one since i got stuck a few times and still have trouble eating certain foods. Will this always be the case. I am not losing any more and afraid the scale will creep up on me. Starting to get cravings for chocolate and junk food again. When the PA in my docs office heard I was having trouble eating solid meats like steak she wanted to take some Fluid out ???? i told her I never got a fill and she claims they probably put some in at surgery. I refused for her to take some out since i was losing nicely. Down 50 lbs so I can't complain. Should i get a fill now that my appetite seems to be returning. ??????

I am questioning whether to get a fill. I am feeling hunger two times a day. But, I have trouble eating in the morning, and just prefer shakes. Then when I do eat, I hear the "gurgle" sound. But then in the evening, I eat about 1 and 1/2 or 2 cups of food. And am not losing weight.

Any advice??

banded in jan. and already have 7cc in band go in for another fill on tues.

Hi, just don't give up on reaching your sweet spot as they say. As you know, it will take several fills to get to that spot.

I took several for me.

Really confused: my doc says he fills the band the right amount when he puts it in and not again. Says he rarely will do a 'fill' and feels they are the reason for side effects like erosion/slipage/reflux. Some people on this site talk about all their fills and how they were really hungry just a few weeks after surgery until they got a fill. My doc says if you need a fill you are not eating right. I'm I missing a piece of this puzzle? Are some people not getting any Fluid in there band during the initial surgery?

Really confused: my doc says he fills the band the right amount when he puts it in and not again. Says he rarely will do a 'fill' and feels they are the reason for side effects like erosion/slipage/reflux. Some people on this site talk about all their fills and how they were really hungry just a few weeks after surgery until they got a fill. My doc says if you need a fill you are not eating right. I'm I missing a piece of this puzzle? Are some people not getting any Fluid in there band during the initial surgery?

I am confused also. Had my band put in last July 25th. Doing good with the weight loss....down 53 lbs today! That for me is a blessing. Never had a fill. Undecided if I should get one. Still have restriction from the very beginning cannot handle certain things. I guess that is restriction...? Cannot eat as much as I used to....so that is a good thing. Think I will just stay as I am for now. Can always get one if things change. Still losing....but at a much slower rate now. Maybe 2-3 lbs a month.

I'm sorry but I think your doctor is not correct in saying that. The band can be placed in without any fluid, as my doctor did. After the initiall swelling, the band must receive a fill in order to have restriction. Sometimes it takes 4-5 fills before you feel any restriction. I've had 2 fills and I am still hungry. I eat what I'm told and work out 4-5 days a week.

Sounds like you should check out another doctor . You should also read some of the books regarding lapbands. Of course everyone is different and there are all types of bands. I have the 10cc band and was banded 4/17/12. I'm down 20 lbs and have had 2 fills resulting in 3ccs. I have another fill scheduled in 2 weeks.