Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you mama. I think I'm going for 9/10 but we'll see. I'm happy with the progress. I'm still working out five days a week but my food intake needs work. I have zero appetite. Also my Water intake sucks lol. Work in progress tho

How you feeling?

Thank you mama. I think I'm going for 9/10 but we'll see. I'm happy with the progress. I'm still working out five days a week but my food intake needs work. I have zero appetite. Also my Water intake sucks lol. Work in progress tho

How you feeling?

9/10 sounds healthy to me :) Im better each day. Finished 33.8 oz of Water yesterday. Total of 76oz of fluids and 78 of Protein. Downside is i didnt drop a pound. I discovered its the beef broth. The sodium is causing me to retain water weight. My surgery buddy is prob about 15 lbs down today with me only down 11 and the liquid diet is so boring. We both had surgery on the 6th of this month. Im going to give up the broth and have decaffeinated instead today so I can see a difference tomorrow.

@Rose1up! you don't have to give up broth but def do low sodium broth. in the beginning you should try no sugar, low sodium no carbs (kinda except at some point you get like mashed potatoes), also no caffeine. everyone loses a little different. you're doing pretty well on the liquid tho. it was really hard for me in the beginning to even get close to 64oz a day. still is actually. sounds like you're doing great. i hit 186 today so im excited to get closer to 180 and then beyond.

let's do this!~ xo

MENTAL NOTE: wearing correct sized clothing makes a HUGE difference. I'm in my legit 14's today and everyone has suddenly freaked out about my weight loss lol. Guess it was pretty well hidden in those super loose 18s lol.

MENTAL NOTE: wearing correct sized clothing makes a HUGE difference. I'm in my legit 14's today and everyone has suddenly freaked out about my weight loss lol. Guess it was pretty well hidden in those super loose 18s lol.

That is great! Congrats!!!

I was cleared after my 2 weeks which is tomorrow to eat regular food. Im down 17 lbs in 2 weeks. I was informed to start slowly with regular food and know my new stomach. I can eat soft meats but they need to be the size of a pill. Chew, chew, chew. Drink lots of Water and keep fluids up. Do not weigh everyday... but weigh every Sunday. Weight will come off. Im cleared to exercise and sleep on my stomach... lol. That will be nice cause Ive been on my back and sides. So exited and things are looking good... going to shed my skin to the woman within!! :)

@Rose1up! sounds like you are doing great! the chewing thing is big. i STILL don't have that down. too stubborn i think but im paying the price so glad you are starting out right :)

xo

@@marley3 you get used to it. it's a bit of a poke but nothing too horrible

Are the shots in the stomach very painful?

Marley... no... to me.. I barely felt it. The needle is like a TB shot needle. Very small. They squeeze your belly and then give you the shot. It barely was felt. I only had one bruise and that was only the size of a small Halo Orange. I got a total of 4 Heparin shots. Thats what they are.

@PRPitbull - its going to be a challenge but I got it. :) Isopure Water has 40grams of Protein. I just got 2 from GNC. Vitamin world sells it. Ill start that tomorrow so I can get more Protein.

Hows everyone??

Doing great here...my BMI is now 29!!! Whoop whoop..I'm so excited

Doing great here...my BMI is now 29!!! Whoop whoop..I'm so excited

That's great!

Im down 23 lbs since my surgery date of Jan 6. I noticed the last 2 days that I gain a lb or lose a pound. But the scale is not moving in my favor of losing a pound a day. I am back to regular food. I actually think maybe Im not losing because of my salt intake. Salt affects me pretty good. Im seeing if thats what causes my stall. Ive heard this type of thing happens to people... where a stall occurs. Im following my nutritions guidelines and taking my Vitamins. My fluids is usually 67 to 70 oz a day. Im getting about 60 grams of Protein in. I strive everyday to get more protein in. I also walk 15mins everyday and will be starting a regular workout. Any advice peeps???

@Rose1up! sounds like you are doing great. it's a process. you learn what works and what doesn't. the sodium will definitely affect you so definitely try lowering that.

i got stuck for a few weeks but i'm a good range for me where i feel good about myself most all the time so im not that freaked out when i stall. but i've been stalled for about 2 weeks until today. some of that has been my fault, not eating enough and not getting my Water intake. i finally moved the scale this week but like i said i reached goal one so i'm not too freaked out about it going slow. that's ok. will help with loose skin if that should happen.

be patient. keep doing what you're doing!