Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

It doesn't sound like you are getting strong instruction from your dr, nutritionist, support group. Good thing you have this group. Search "puréed stage" on this site and you will find many entries. I also found suggestions on Pinterest under Bariatric foods.

The goal is to get Protein first, fruits and veggies second, dairy third, and whole grains last. Plus take the Vitamins and Calcium. There are many books out there also.

It doesn't sound like you are getting strong instruction from your dr, nutritionist, support group. Good thing you have this group. Search "puréed stage" on this site and you will find many entries. I also found suggestions on Pinterest under Bariatric foods.

The goal is to get Protein first, fruits and veggies second, dairy third, and whole grains last. Plus take the Vitamins and Calcium. There are many books out there also.

My dr barely there cause hes always doin someones surgery....and i havent gotten the chance to call my nut i will monday.....i just wanted to hear what other peoples diets were

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

How much preparation did you get in the months beforehand? My dr made me "earn" the surgery with 4 months of changing food habits and exercise.

Try the books written by the creator of this site, Alex Brecher. The big book of gastric sleeve, the big book of gastric bypass, etc. very helpful.

My puréed diet starts after my two week postop dr visit. I'm looking forward to puréed chicken, tuna, hummus, eggs, Greek yogurt, applesauce, Beans.

The postop plan is very lo carb.

How much preparation did you get in the months beforehand? My dr made me "earn" the surgery with 4 months of changing food habits and exercise.

Try the books written by the creator of this site, Alex Brecher. The big book of gastric sleeve, the big book of gastric bypass, etc. very helpful.

My puréed diet starts after my two week postop dr visit. I'm looking forward to puréed chicken, tuna, hummus, eggs, Greek yogurt, applesauce, Beans.

The postop plan is very lo carb.

I had 6 months preparation before my surgery .....

Great. I'm sensitive bc my husband had the surgery 4 years ago by an excellent surgeon who had a poor postop network. He's been gaining his weight back. Now that I've had these rules drilled into me, I see that he breaks them all.

My group works to prepare us for the second year. The first is considered the "honeymoon" when we don't have much appetite.

My first thing was refried Beans, then I had lowfat cottage cheese, greek yogurt mixed with some Unjury strawberry Protein Powder. I mix a little of the unflavored unjury in a lot of things. I also after I saw I could tolerate those things I had a 1/2 cup of chili. Then some tilapia. I chew everything till its creamy & eating very slowly waiting at least 1-1 1/2 min. between bites. I measure everything out in 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup so I don't eat too much. I seem to fill up faster on chicken so I only measure out 1/4 c. A typical meal might be 1/4 c cottage cheese with 1/4 cup fish. I will drink my Powerade zero 32oz with a scoop of unflavored Protein powder to get more protein & still get that much of my liquids. The rest of my liquids will come from plain Water.< /p>

Hope this helps.

Lisamarie. I think mashed potatoes are off limits for me forever. Wasted carb calories with no protein. My nutritionist would croak if I asked her that. Plus I want to respect my sleeve and not cheat it. Been thru too much. Why do you even want mashed potatoes?

instant mashed potatoes are on my third week list of foods, one of the first soft foods I can eat. I think the reasoning is that there are few truly soft foods to work with and the purpose is to get the digestive track running. Potatoes are NOT a long term option however.

What else to eat for 3rd week soft foods besides mash potatoes

Edited by 60&goin4it

Can you add me to the 27th!?

We sure can! Hope your healing well!

scale victory. I'm under 200 lbs for the first time in forever. ????

Started at 240 in July.

Around 206 on surgery day 10/27.

These changes are happening so fast and everything feels weird and surreal. Maybe it takes a long time to find a new equilibrium.

scale victory. I'm under 200 lbs for the first time in forever.

Started at 240 in July.

Around 206 on surgery day 10/27.

These changes are happening so fast and everything feels weird and surreal. Maybe it takes a long time to find a new equilibrium.

Congratulations!!! I know that must feel really good!!!! You are doing so good!!!!! I've been looking at cloths online that I might buy once I meet my goal! I'm thinking I might buy a few things that go on sale after winter even if I don't weigh my goal weight yet, mostly sweaters & coat.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to petite Lands End fitting in a non-Plus size! NSV!!!!

I've been SO sleepy, I think that's why I haven't felt the need to drink ANYTHING. But I get to go HOME today to SO I'm happy

Yea!!! Your not getting good sleep in the hospital, I was exhausted when I got home. You probably won't want to drink much when you get home either, you just have to make yourself. Have a safe trip home!
Thank you, been HOME, been struggling to try to get in everything that I need to drink as far as Water goes and Protein and the Vitamins. I was kind of out of it at the hospital but I remember my surgeon telling me that on my third day which have been a while back now and I haven't done it but he said something along the lines of being able to have sugar free Jello sugar free pudding low fat cottage cheese low fat cream Soups that have been strained yogurt with no edible fruits in them granted he told me all this when I was in the hospital and under heavy medication at the time still and I'm trying to remember if I heard him right because it doesn't seem like that with anybody else is doing

Edited by Cali_Angel

@@Cali_Angel The only thing on your list of soft foods that I was able to eat up to 2 weeks by my surgeon's plan was the sugar free Jello & fat free broth. The rest was Ok for me to eat at 2 weeks for my soft foods. Other's were able to go to soft foods after 1 week. I would call your surgeon & ask again to be sure. Your tummy is healing & if you were to have trouble with one of the foods & got sick it would be very hard on you. We all are different & also some have hernia repairs, or have the Roux N Y like I did rather than the sleeve. So these may make a difference. You have to get the Protein in & the Protein Shakes gives you the most protein at this time when you can't eat much, where the other foods make it hard to get it in. Hope this helps you! The 2 weeks will pass by before you know it!!!

I've been SO sleepy, I think that's why I haven't felt the need to drink ANYTHING. But I get to go HOME today to SO I'm happy

Yea!!! Your not getting good sleep in the hospital, I was exhausted when I got home. You probably won't want to drink much when you get home either, you just have to make yourself. Have a safe trip home!
Thank you, been HOME, been struggling to try to get in everything that I need to drink as far as Water goes and Protein and the Vitamins. I was kind of out of it at the hospital but I remember my surgeon telling me that on my third day which have been a while back now and I haven't done it but he said something along the lines of being able to have sugar free Jello sugar free pudding low fat cottage cheese low fat cream Soups that have been strained yogurt with no edible fruits in them granted he told me all this when I was in the hospital and under heavy medication at the time still and I'm trying to remember if I heard him right because it doesn't seem like that with anybody else is doing

I has bypass and I could have creamed soups, all clear broths teas etc, s/f Popsicles/jello, yogurt no chunks. My post surgery diet was not all liquids. Cream of wheat was even on my list, it just had to be runny. I can tell you I tried yogurt, didn't sit right. So I stick to Soup, Decaf tea, jello and pops. I will advance my diet hopefully tomorrow after my two week check up. My nutritionist gave me a binder with all my info including sample meals. I would check with your dr or NUT to get more info. It is a lot of information to digest couple with Vitamin intake.

I do get two Protein Shakes in mosts days, but I have yet to hit 64oz of Fluid combined.

Has anyone been vomiting after eating? I've cheated a few things and ate stuff a little ahead of my phases, but even when I eat what I'm supposed to I vomit ocassionally

Not every meal but man. At least twice or three times a week. It's not painful. I feel full, get sick and I'm perfect again. A few of the times I know it was because I drank too soon after. But I just want to make sure I'm not alone.