Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

My doc reccomends that I have at least 3 Protein Shakes a day luckily ive found a really good one that i enjoy drinking. but im really thinking about getting it defilled at least by 0.5cc the whole sliming thing just really scares me i dont want to ruin my band.

at first i use to have a hard time sleeping at night but since ive been pregnant ive just been to tired to linger up at night so i just pee and go right back to sleep it also helps if i lay on my left side:)

well mondays the day

i go for unfill (total):faint:i tried to negotiate a half out now, half later approach but they not happy for me to have any restriction ,(ive lost 12 pounds in last month :confused: i know thats not good and know i need unfill i was fairly sickly so no interest in food) ,so im praying that i dont feel hungry all the time and gain too much weight ,i know baby more important but i have been so proud of my weight loss and just starting to like the new me and im only 22 pounds from my goal ,i never gained more than 28 pounds with my other pregnancys but my big fear is i go from little bird eating to "normal eating" i will gain more because body not used to it :phanvan .i dont have scan until 27th of october feels like an eternity il be sixteen weeks 3 days then and im not a patient woman !!!!!

weight.png

preg.png

<p>SLIMING... I hate that some of you are going through it, but so glad to see I'm not alone. That's seems to be where my morning sickness is! If I eat something just a little to big it will get somewhat stuck going down and then I'll be throwing up the slime. It's disgusting...</p> <p> </p> <p>SLEEPY DURING THE DAY - Yes!!! I'm up having fun at night but then I want to sleep all day. At least two naps would be nice, but that doesn't go well with 8 hours of work. I've found it's better if I sleep in complete darkness and sleep on my left side. I tend to sleep more soundly and therefore not feel as sleepy the next day. Although I slept at least 10 hours last night AND took a nap AND still felt sleepy later. </p> <p> </p> <p>food - I fall in the wanting to eat everything category! I find myself grazing... I get hungry every few hours but can't eat much at a time. I try to eat lots of Protein.. As for the Protein shakes, I do pretty good with the strawberry powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury mixed with crystal light lemonade. It's tastes like a tasty strawberry lemonade. Unfortunately, I'm out of the strawberry and all I have left is chalky chocolate. So right now, no Protein shakes.</p> <p> </p> <p>Question - Did someone mention a chewable prenatal? If so, what's it called?</p>

weight.png

:whoo:Hey Girls!

I am 8 weeks pregnant! I had a sono last week and saw an actual baby, so now I am getting excited! I had my lapband surgery 12/21/06, and have lost 50 lbs so far! I have lost 4 lbs the past week thanks to morning sickness! woo hoo! :faint:

Can't wait till the first trimester is over! Then I can relax a little. My due date is 5/9/08.

Kim

Congratz Kim! My due date is May 10th! So lets race and see who pops first! lol.

I got some new meds for my infection. I feel alot better- but my back still hurts all the time. its really annoying.

if I have a girl- I found a adorable round crib online that has little froggies and ladybugs on it with a gorgeous bedding to match! Of course the whole thing is like $2000. Ouch. I keep finding ladybug decorations to go with it like wall art, lamps, rugs, etc. I even found an Anne Geddes Ladybug Diaper bag. Its soooo cute!!!

Dos anyone else know how or what thy want for their crib and bedding? any ideas?

~Raynie!

omg raynie that seems so expensive ,i havent thought that far ahead as this is my fifth baby...yep i did say fifth i dont feel that much money will be investment as im having no more,i have four sons though so if they say girl i think il be going mad spending...lol

for boys i love winnie the pooh stuff it so cute and colourful.

i had my unfill today,it was quite traumatic as port turned so it took 8 stabs to get Fluid out but actually not that painful just a little disconcerting for it to be going in and out with no luck then bingo out pops 4 mls which is less than there is supposed to be in but they say you lose some along the way so he was happy and they were delighted with weight loss im just praying i can keep alot of it off.

wow Nicki your port flipped? I am glad to here that they were able to get the Fluid out. I wouldnt worry about gaining it back. It will come off again. :)

This is my 5th baby too. its my new husbands first though, so our first together. It will most likely be my last. Thats why I want to go a little nuts this time around. I never got to experience that shopping spree before. The benefit I get from the shopping spree, is that since I have a daycare- I can wite out of for taxes. lol.... of course that means I will have to donate it to the daycare too, when I am done with it. I have so much to buy though I dont know if I will be able to spend $2000 on a crib. I definetly need a rocking chair in my room, and so much redecorating in my room. ugh, the thought of it is depressing me. Our room is a mess! My husbands office stuff is in there including his computer. It all has to come out to make room for the baby. which means re-wiring the cable connection for the computer. Then we have to clear out our closet- a mess. So I can put the babys things in there. I also need to paint and buy curtains, and get the carpets cleaned. Ok now I am tired again just thinking about it all. lol. I made a game plan fr when to do it step by step but I just wish I could wave a wand.

~Raynie!

where is everybody? Its so quiet here latley....Wake ups!

Ok so I saw that crib bedding on another regular crib and I hate it! Its ok for a boy- but I dont like it anymore for a girl. The fitted sheat is a very bright red gigham patteren. In the first picture I saw- it looked pinkish and looked so cute with chenile green froggy print. Oh well.

I went to my Kaiser appointment yesturday. They were all so sweet and nice! On there wall they had one of those chinese gender calendars- of course I had to look- it says I am having a boy! lol.

~Raynie!

Congratulations to all of the expecting mothers! This is the main driver behind me having the surgery. Please keep us posted on your progress.

FYI - One doctor I previously spoke to stated it is best to wait one year after the surgery before getting pregnant. Was this the case with each of you?

I am also pregnant. 9 weeks. I was banded 6/26/07 at 240 and am 218 and still shrinking. :0). Both Ob and my Lap-Band doc are in communication. It is safe for me to continue to lose weight. You are not eating for two... Even better though, the shakes I drink have the most nutritional value in just one shake than I could need for the day plus the healthy stuff I take in otherwise.

This is my second pregnancy and my first one, I did not really gain any weight with, in fact did not even really show until 6.5 months. My weight that I earned before my lap-band was from cancer treatment a steroids over time. So I am I am not afraid of the pregnancy with the band in fact excited. I did not have it drained so it still has about 2.4 or 3cc in it.. and doing great... Congrats to all of the other trying and have conceived... yeah!!:whoo:

Hey everyone! Wanted to give an update. I go back to the ob/gyn tomorrow for my check up. Scared to death because according to my scales I have gained 21 pounds so far! I have an appt tuesday to get a fill because they completely unfilled when I was 3 weeks pregnant b/c I was soooooo sick but this weekend hardly nothing went down but yet I was hungry every 2 hours!!!My husband does not want me to get a fill b/c he says I can lose the weight after the baby is here but I don't want to gain so much I put my baby at risk. I weigh 253 now. With my first daughter I weighed 310 the day I had her 5 weeks ealry with high blood pressure. This time my bp has been normal. Any advice??????

akapsi- My doctor did not stress that point to me. Could be when he met me I had my 18 month old daughter and told him that is why I was having the surgery to lose weight to have a baby again, safely!When I came up pregnant 6 months after surgery they have been nothing but supportive. I love Dr. Morton!!!

My friend went to the same doctor a year ealier and he did stress to wait 12 months

Thanks for the info bexleygal. That's really interesting that your friend received the same FYI that I did. One doctor I tried to see in the states (prior to just scheduling my appt in Mexico) said he didn't want to see me for a consultation if I was animate about having a baby. I was open with the admin assistant and acknowledged that this was to help with fertility issues. She called me back after scheduling the appointment and said the doctor wanted to make sure I knew the pregnancy should be delayed for at least a year if I move forward with the surgery.

If I keep hearing all of these success stories, I may just let nature take it's course and see what happens. If I still need to go back for shots (Follistim, HCG, etc), then I still may need to wait if the fertility doctor wants to hold off. Will keep you posted.

Hello everyone!

Yes, I was told too wait a year before getting pregnant too. Welp, my year is up Oct 26th. heha! I am already pregnant. Oh well. so far everything is good ! I would just recommend taking folic vits, or prenatal vits prior to getting pregnant. I think they tell you to wait a year so your body and mind can adjust to the dramatic change that is goes thru with the surgery. Just my opinion though. I think being pregnant with a lap band would be a lot easier then being pregnant with gastric bypass.

As for Bexley- I wouldn't get the fill. Your baby needs nutrients- fruits, veg, Protein, dairy.... dont starve your baby. Dont be afraid to gain it back. Its natural and it will happen. Try to avoid the extra stuff, like mayo, and dressings, watch the fried foods. Easier said then done. Maybe try a little more excercise, like walking or Water aerobics or prenantal yoga. Being healthy is way better for you then to be skinny right now. Dont be afraid to gain weight right now. Besides, thats one of the joys of being pregnant. It might be a last excuse to pig out anyways! heha. Just relax and enjoy it Hun! After we all drop these bundles maybe we can stick together and encourage our own little weight loss club all over again. Just an idea. We will need support in every way we can get it. I too am not thrilled about being a beach whale again, but too have a child is truly a blessed event. I weighed 315 before I had my surgery, the day of surgery was 290. In may I weighed 247. Then got pregnant in June had the miscarriage in July, got pregnant in August- and been pretty much on light bed rest to prevent a miscarriage. I weighed in last week at 260. I have no fill right now. I have not been excercising either. Trying to be safe and prevent a miscarriage. I do plan on working out again soon, when the doc gives me an ok. But until I will keep gaining. LoL I dont care though. hehe. with my last son I had lost 60 pounds before I had gotten pregnant with him. I gained all 60 back and 30 more! I weighed 295 when he was born. Yuk! I had no problems except for a little pre- eclampsia. He weighed in at 10 pounds 2 oz. Everyone was shocked. Ok ladies have a good day... and gratz too all the new preggers!

~Raynie!

Hi All,

Just checking in, I am now 17 weeks and have only gained 8 lbs!! YIPPY!! I have been really scared about gaining especially with the unfill. Doing well except I feel like my port is the size of my baby! LOL!

Take care everyone!