Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Hi All,

I am 11 weeks along. We are very happy. I had a complete unfill (really didnt want it). Dr. said no choice, he didnt want to worrie about low birth weight of not enough nutrition.

I hope I dont gain too much!!

Good luck to all!

Hi All:

I've gone through three pregnancies Banded... so if you have any questions, let me know.

In general, I was unfilled for all three. With my last pregnancy, we talked about possibly adding a small fill in the third trimester, but didn't. Good news is that with each pregnancy, I've dropped 20-25 pounds within 3-4 weeks of giving birth, without effort. ;)

Band/port has never affected my labor. All were vaginal births.

Even with complete unfills, I still PB a few time each pregnancy due to whacko pregnancy hormones. Can also experience this after birth.

Good luck all of you pregnant mamas. I started the Pregnant Bandsters Yahoo Group years ago, but am getting ready to close it as I don't have time to moderate it. If anybody's interested in being a co-moderator, let me know.

Karla

I was banded two years ago and just had a baby. I had PCOS before getting banded, so of course, I couldn't get pregnant. When I lost a little over 50 lbs, I stopped taking my birth control pills and got pregnant almost immediately. I didn't have any issues throughout the pregnancy except for high blood pressure, and low platelet count (symptom of anemia). Both my OB and my band dr told me to get unfilled early in the pregnancy for the extra nutrition.

Within about two months of having the baby, I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I have gained back about 11 lbs since. I got my band refilled a couple of days ago and now I'm getting back on the bandwagon to lose the rest of the weight and hopefully in the near future try for another baby.

Wanted to check in with everyone and see how they are doing. I am great and so is the baby. I have gained 13 pound and trying to hold tight at that. Fianlly past the sickness, guess you can say I am in the honeymoon phase of the pregnancy!!!!

Hope to hear from everyone soon!!!!!!

Doing ok. Got a complete unfill, waiting to see how much weight I gain! I have an appointment Thusday with OBGYN. Everything is great - end of 11th week!

bexleygal - we are only about a week apart!

Take care mommies!

I gained 26 pounds with my last pregnancy... completely unfilled. Today, I am 7 weeks post-partum and have lost 28 pounds... without dieting, a fill, or any effort.

Just wanted to let you all know that... don't freak out too much about the unfill factor. :rolleyes:

I gained 26 pounds with my last pregnancy... completely unfilled. Today, I am 7 weeks post-partum and have lost 28 pounds... without dieting, a fill, or any effort.

Just wanted to let you all know that... don't freak out too much about the unfill factor. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :whoo:

Hi guys! err Gals! hehe :lol:

It has been so long since I have posted. Forgive me please..... I had a miscarriage shortly after I announced my big news of being pregnant! :rolleyes: I felt like a dork for telling anyone since I hadnt even reached my 16 week mark. I was very vey sad... I had visited the ER almost 7 times within 2 weeks! I am also rh- so I had to get my Rhogam shot. So that was in July... I bleed on and off for almost the whole month... I am pretty sure I started my period on July 22nd cause I stoped bleeding almost 7 days later. So guess what? I spent some time healing and what not then the hubby *missed me* And I am pregnant again! Its still a shocker.... who gets pregnant just after a month of miscarrying? We wasnt trying, and we didnt think it was even possiable to do that. But somehow my body ovulated and we are back in the game! Lol if I have another miscarriage now that I have *told* people I will die! Pray for me ok? This baby will be due in April/May..... I am waiting for my ins with Kaiser to clear first before I go in for a exam. The funny thing is that last Saturday- I had booked a flight to get my fill in TJ, I arrive at the airport an hour early, I am sitting in the car just goofing around wasting time, I went to grab my ID and realized that it was at home on the bathroom sink!!!! I almost died!!!!! There was no way I would make it back home in time and then back to the airport.... So DH calls the airline and explains what happened. They gave me a credit! That was cool! So I can use it on a future fill.... I didnt even know I was pregnant then! God works in mystrious ways. But I might miscarry again and I am freaked out of mind! I am trying to stay focused and positive! I keep reading great pregnancy books, try to take it easy, take my prenatals... and eat good veggies and fruits, etc.... In an hour me and DH is on our way to the gym to renew my membership- then I can get into Water aerobics again and it might help me relax. Gosh this is long I am sorry!

Thanks to everyone posting here! I love you all! Keep posting even if you dont hear from me again.... I will be back someday... rofl

~Raynie!

hey Raynie i am praying for you! Take it easy and may God bless you!

I have lost 3 pounds as of this morning. I am really trying to watch what I eat. fruit, salad and protein!!! When I was sick during my first trimester I was eating whatever I could get down! Now that I am not sick I am trying to be good!!! :clap2:

You guys are awesome! And thanks Bex! I am so relieved that I am not going thru this alone! I love being pregnant! Its the best excuse ever for being FAT! :girl_hug: hehe .......

I am so trying to not get attatched this time around in case of a miscarriage again..... but I went out last night after signing up for the gym- I went and bought maternity clothes! Muhahahah Although they look ridiculous on me! But they are still cute on they were on Sale!!! :girl_hug:

We went and looked at the Kaiser Hospital- I wanted to check out the maternity ward.... they said they didnt have one and pointed me in the direction of the worst hospital in town- they say they deliver there! I almost cried! I cant go there! So now I am rethinking about the whole Kaiser deal. Hubby wants the good ins. he also wants me to drive a Volvo! rofl......

When I really think about it.... I love labor and delivery and those few days in the hospital. Thats the best part of the whole process.... I lay in bed at night thinking about my Labor! And how to convince my doc to let me stay as long as I can in there.... any ideas? They say you can get discharged at 24 hours.... I hate that! I want to stay there for like 4 days! it just feels so secure, clean, and I get pampered. I am already thinking about what gifts to give out at the nurses station. Was thinking of See' candy boxes and some champagne. (The little bottles of it) and tie little pink and blue ribbons around them.

Another thing that keeps me up at night is how am i going to re-do my room to put all the baby stuff in there? I actually cant sleep cause of this... I am driving my DH nuts! I saw this really cool corner crib online.. to fit in the cornor of the room. If you send them the material they will make all the bedding to fit this crib and the canopy, which i thought was super cool idea! My DH is a comic book fan, and our room is done in Batman theme. So if we have a boy I can buy the Batman Fabric. my mom says this is a terriable idea cause it will freak the little baby out waking up to see Batmans face! hehehe..... Although if we have a girl it will be done in Hello Kitty.

~Raynie!

So Bex..... how far along are you now? 12 - 13 weeks? You said you lost weight! Thats a bad girl!!! hehe just kidding.... I wish I could loose a few pounds before going in for the first weigh in.... I gain so much weight with my pregnancys.... I am going to blow up with this even with the lapband. I was supposed to go to the Water aerobics this morning... but since I was up all night thinking of baby I was too tired to go. Shame on me! Maybe tomorrow.

So what kinds of things are you eating?

My current fill must be gone cause I can swallow that horsepill prenatal with no problem! But- i have to take it in the afternoon. Today I am eating coked chopped spinach with salt and butter of course! I cant live without my salt and butter on my vegies.... anyone else?

Yesturday I had wheat toast, a sausage patty with cheese and an egg for Breakfast. I ate about 3/4 of it and was full till lunch. I ate spincah and yogurt at lunch, and for dinner ate the whole can of broccoli and cheese Soup and a cheese stick. I have been drinking a ton of OJ and Vitamin Water. I need to start my Protein Shakes again.... I just for some reason would rather eat food! Muhahahahaha like duh!

My teeth have been hurting so bad all month long- that was my first clue that I was pregnant. Its like BAM! out of nowwhere they just start hurting! I need my wisdom tooth pulled. Ok can you tell I am bored? I cant stop chatting!!! *giggles*

I am still scarred to death about delivering Vaginally but Fabfatgirl says she did it just fine... so I will be ok right? No way am I going to have an epidural! I never had one and dont want one. That needle scarres me to death! Its so big!!! I also cant stop watching the Birthing Stories on TLC... I am to crazy about being crazy.... I will prolly miscarry soon. its like I cant stop obssessing about it. Make me stop!!! Please somebody HELP ME! Ok gotta get back to work!

~Raynie!

ps. please please please give me more details about your pregnancys laddies, so I will have something to read!!! :girl_hug:

I am 12 weeks today. WIth my first pregnancy I gained 60 lbs. I really am going to try not to do that this time around. Today I have had a Protein Shake for breakfast, salad with cottage cheese and 2 boiled eggs for lunch and for dinner I really want pizza! Is that bad! it has been a crazy day. i stress eat bad. I also want a dessert too!!!!!!! Lord help me!

Oh yeah, i had to have an emergency c-section the first time (She was 5 weeks early) but this time not sure if I will have a vaginal or c-sention guess it wil lbe a game time decision. If I can have a vaginal I will but if the c-section has to be done that is fine with me!

Raynie,

THe exact same thing happend to me in May. I announced on another group that I was pregnant and then about 2 hours later I was in the hosipital loosing the baby.

I got pregnant again 2 weeks later. We didn't think I'd get pregnant so fast. My Dr can't believe I got pregnant immediately but I did. I too was scared I'd loose this one but I am now in my second trimester. I had a defill and I am always hungry now.

I gained 80 lbs with my last pregnancy so I am trying to watch my eating. Luckily my Dr doesn't think I need a complete defill so I have only had 0.5 cc taken out so far. BUt what a difference 0.5 cc makes, I am in shock!

Congrats on this pregnancy!

Nadine

Oh wow Nerdine! You have given me so much hope! Congrats on your pregnancy! I am sorry about the first loss.... but happy to hear that our stories are very similar. Thank you so much for responding!

Ever since I posted yesturday- I swear I have been having cramps. LOL

I will just pray and wait it out.....

Bex- did you get your pizza? :)

I made homemade hamburgers last night- which I haven't done in like a year- It was damn good!!!!!!! Tiny tiny bites and no top bun, and I managed to eat all of it! :D

~Raynie!