Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Holy cow! Only a 6 pound gain? Thats amazing! You guys are making me think that I should go get a fill! :cool: lol

But I am having so much fun eating all the bad foods.... and lots of it!

Congratz on your baby Candysmooch! Thanks for reassuring us that everything will be fine!

~Raynie!

heha guess what I just did? I went and ordered Inteligender online to find out the sex of our baby! It says you can use as early as 10 weeks! I cant wait for it to get here. I just cant wait till 20 weeks to find out. I know this is all just a game and its only 90% accurate, but hey... I need some fun in my life. My dh says I am nuts! Muhahahaha

~Raynie!

Hey all! I have not posted in awhile.

Raynie- you were so right. Got a fill then could not eat anything and had to go back and taken out. Yes, I should have listened!!!!! You were right.

I go Monday the 22nd for my ultrasound. I am so excited!!!I will be 20 weeks next week. half way there! How is everyone?

Ahhh Bexley, I am sorry you had to experience that! Yuk! I am glad that you are feeling better. I have been feeling rather guilty for eating alot lately. I have a horriable feeling that I will gain alot! :) But damnit, it feels so good to eat again. I mean I just ate a whole banana and a yogurt cup. heha. I get sad thinking about life again after pregnancy. when I have to get a fill, and wont be able to eat a plate of rice and veges and chicken. Just a little bit. Sometimes I think- why did I get this lapband? I love to eat! But then I see myself in an old picture and think "oh yeah, thats why" :) Oh well, I will just enjoy the next few months that I have left to pig out but in a normal way. Cause I am no way near pigging out like pre band days. Thank god for that restriction! heha

so Bexley, your ultrasound is next week, and you will be 20 weeks! Wow time flys! Are you going to find out what you are having? gratz again and I good luck hun!

Maryum..... try some ginger ale for your morning sickness. Its non caffeine, but it does have carbonation. Take little sips just to see how your band handles it. If you feel ok, then sip slowly and you should feel alot better. I started my ginger ale at 7 weeks, I couldnt handle the day anymore with the extreme morning sickness. I never threw up, just felt sooo nausiated. I think laying in bed alot helped too, and try some saltine crackers. I also had bought preggo pops that I found at the store called Motherhood Maternity in the mall. All this helped, I still feel sick at 11 weeks, but not nearly as much when I was 7 weeks. I think its wearing off. Sometimes I even forget I am pregnant! So hang in there honey, it gets better!

As for not being able to get anything down, maybe you have a slippage? I wouldnt want to freak you out about a slippage though, it might just be morning sickness. Can you get liquids and mushy things down? Or do you just feel like its suffocating you and you have to puke it up immediately? Sometimes - when you go long periods without eating- more then 2-3 hours, then your body will get sick as soon as you eat, like a rejection feeling, like all sick just thinking about eating. Try eating smaller, more frequent meals, try mushy stuff like Soups, cottage cheese, yogurts. See if that helps at all. If so, then I doubt you have slippage. You prolly just really sick from morning sickness. But if you cant get Water down, go see the doc immediately! We will pray for you!

~Raynie!

Welp, I took my gender test. It says I will have a boy! Dh was so happy, I cant even explain the look on his face! He and I both were convinced it was a girl. I actually cried for a few seconds. His look was priceless! I had bought a pink and blue " I love my daddy" bib, and had told him to close his eyez and put out his hand. I put the blue bib in his hand and told him to open his eyes!

So I know the test is only 90% accurate- so now we wait for the ultrasound!

Have a good weekend guys!

~Raynie!

Bexleygal-Halfway!!! I know my next ultrasound is about 2-3 weeks away and that's when we will learn the sex (if the baby is coorperating) and I can hardly stand the wait. I can't imagine how long your weekend is going to be waiting to hear your news on Monday! Be sure and let us know how it goes.

Raynie-A boy! How exciting! I can't wait until our next ultrasound to learn the sex. I too have that feeling that I am having a girl, don't know why really, but we are kinda hoping for a boy. We will be ecstatic with either though!

Ok, I have to ask this question as my next doctor's appointment is next week and I am already worrying myself about the scale....How much weight is everyone gaining and at what point in your pregnancy are you? I am 16 weeks and the last time I saw my doctor (at 13 weeks), I had gained a total of 5 lbs. and he said we needed to watch that. I was really proud that I had only gained 5 but he wasn't overly thrilled with it. I am just wondering if that is normal, not normal? I have no idea seeings how I have never been pregnant before. I know from my scale at home that I have put on a little more weight and I just dread that part of the appt.

I really can't help but wonder if my weight gain is due not only to the baby and placenta growing but to the totally different lifestyle I have. I mean, before I got pregnant, I exercised a whole lot more than I do now and I was so strict on my eating. All I am accomplishing now as far as exercise is walking and I hate to admit, I'm not as faithful as I should be. And I know they say you only need 300 more calories when you are pregnant, but can that be true based on how little we bandsters ate before? I was STRICT! I lost over 125 in 8 months, I was a fanatic about it. Now, I am not focused on that and am eating more because I know that my baby needs it. I guess what I am asking is, could our weight gain not be "textbook" because we are adding more than just 300 calories because our intake before was so low? I can't help but wonder if that's the case. What's your opinions?

those are good thoughts Niecey! I think some women just gain more then others. Its just a wierd thing. For me- I went in to the docs office on Oct 4th and weighed in at 265. My scale at home said 260. I was upset- I felt it was the clothes or my shoes, or all the jewlery I was wearing. Lol.... then I went back on Oct 18th. I was feeling good cause my home scale said 254! As if I really lost weight. I was happy. I weighed in at the docs at 268!!!! I almost died! And why in the heck do they do the bloodpressure after they weigh you? As a result of my astounishing gain- my bp was up way higher then normal. For me normal is 100/68. That day it was 134/85. I could have died!

Last night, dH and I finally went to Babies R Us together. We didnt buy anything except for the $60 pregnancy body pillow, that I swore I must have! (I slept like a baby last night- well worth it).... but while we was walking around... we looked at all the cool stuff. We came upon the isles of cribs, and we ran into an old employee of his. She was there looking at the same crib we wanted. She introduced her boyfriend, yada yada yada... she claimed that she was 10 weeks along. I almost died. I announced that I was 11 weeks. there I stood fat as ever wearing a maternity shirt and comfy pants. I looked andeven matched, but I felt like I was atleast should have been 7 months along, compared to this skinny twig claiming to be 10 weeks. She was still wearing tight ass jeans and a low cut t-shirt. I hated her. All I could think of was what my husband was thinking in his. Like thoughts of "geez my wife is huge" and crap like that. Its really hard and embarrassing for me to be sized up next to skinny pregnant women. I hate them all. lol

~Raynie!

raynie- had a similar experience today at the mall. There I was in maternity pants and shirt looking 8 months pregnant and I met a lady at this childrens store that is due days before me!!!! She was wearing a tight shirt and regular jeans! YUCK! i was all like " is this your first?" She was like "YEAH!" Lucky girl!

hi girls

i have my scan on friday and im really scared as i have pregnancy symptoms but dont really " feel" pregnant and for no apparent good reason i have worried about this pregnancy not being ok ,this is not my first baby..fifth in fact so not a new experience just first unplanned and i dont look pregnant no bump cant feel anything(but im so wobbly id have a job anyway)im sixteen weeks in two days time so il be sixteen +3 days at scan too early to sex the baby but il be looking and asking but i cant honestly imagine a baby in there at all !!!!!!!! whats up with me.

if all is well i guess im really going to be in shock next weekend.

i had total unfill two weeks ago and havent felt much different until last two days when i suddenly realised appetite has increased and i was wanting to eat and able to eat slice of bread :mad:i have to stay away from bread ,also had chinese last night and had half of meal and had restrain myself from going to kitchen and tackling some more :phanvan.

i have gained about 3 pounds so far so not panicking YET but im so disheartened about seeing scales move in upward direction im hoping when i see babs that he/she will be my only concern and i can relax.

have you all got a goal weight that you hope to not go over ?

im weighing in at 13st 5lb nude and hoping not to be over 14st by end of year and no heavier than 15st by end of pregnancy i was 19st 4lb when banded last december .

Bexley- I love you! That post made me feel so goood! :)

I talked to my dh about that chic who made me feel like crap cause she was all so skinny. His response was that she was confused, she didnt know what she was talking about and prolly wasnt even pregnant. She was just wishing she was" rofl....

it just made me feel better, escpecially when he said he hasnt noticed a new larger me. He was prolly lying but still.... he got some extra loving that day.

Today however, I hid his book. He loves reading books.I hid it because he hasnt finished the 3 books that I have begged him to read yet. 1. Jenny Mcarthys- Baby Laughs. 2. Jenny mcarthys Belly Laughs. and the third- What to expect when your wife is expecting.

I will not return his book till he reads these- lol I hid it in the ol microwave- he will never find it.

So Bex- today is the big day- I have thought about you all weekend! I hope your u/s went well! Tell us what you is having!!! The suspense is killing me!!!

Nikki- I hope not to go over 300 pounds.... :) seriously. Thats sounds so scarry to say that- its only about 30 pounds away. As I sit here eating my lunch - toasted bread with mayo, mustard, pickles, swiss cheese, and the big no nos- chicken and ham deli meat. Glass of chocolate milk and the best darn cookie ever. :)

And Nikki I dont feel pregnant either. Sometimes I forget! my ob said I was prolly in the clear of a miscarriage- the scan was good, a good strong heartbeat. So relax honey! Everything is prolly great!

~Raynie!