Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

you bet Dooney! I feel good about your little one being just fine! I read online about women having a child with DS is 1- 1,000 for a woman under the age of 35. And sometimes those tests arent always accurate. Just trust in the Lord..... he has a plan for us all!

~Raynie!

hi girls

well went for my scan today and

ITS A BOY...(WELL ALMOST CERTAIN )

bex what happened to that dust ...lol..im not sad he looked so cute and i really didnt feel much different to other 4 boys and im very proud of my handsome men in my life.

my little bean was wonderful no problems growing well and kicking me like mad i have been having flutters for past couple of days so i was feeling less apprehensive about there being anything wrong but such relief to see little man moving around having fun in there so dates are confirmed as april 10th( my birthday )can you believe it ,well im off to lie down its been such a relief today all is well but now im exhausted.

Congratz Nikki!!! so 5 boys!!! you should have one more to make a sports team! I am happy your bean is doing good! *hugs*

I came down with the flu last night. It started with a sore throat, then progressed into vomiting and nausea, and then I got the horriable diarreah cramps, but with no diarreah. I think cause I am so constipated. It was the most horriable feeling ever- I almost thought it was contractions. But the runs finally came late this morning. I know its gross, but I swear I hope none of you ever have to experience it! My body is aching all over and it hurts to even type this. I want some Jello but I am afraid I will just vomit it up. Pray for me!

~Raynie!

Hi all you pregnant women:) I had LBS so I can conceive someday. Would any of you ladies want to volunteer their weight when you got pregnant. I know I need to loose alot more! I was just wondering what weight you all started at. My husband and I have TTC for three years now. I know I am asking a very personal question and I understand if no one wants to answer it.

I have only lost 37 pounds and I am so excited to think that one day I might be able to conceive.

Good Luck to all of you and you're in my prayers!!

352 day of surgery

315 Today

Im YOUNG and banded, and pregnant! I have posted my own thread before I found this one....but Im glad its here so I can talk to other pregnant bandsters

Welcome:)

I was 178lbs when I got pregnant.

Hi all you pregnant women:) I had LBS so I can conceive someday. Would any of you ladies want to volunteer their weight when you got pregnant. I know I need to loose alot more! I was just wondering what weight you all started at. My husband and I have TTC for three years now. I know I am asking a very personal question and I understand if no one wants to answer it.

I have only lost 37 pounds and I am so excited to think that one day I might be able to conceive.

Good Luck to all of you and you're in my prayers!!

352 day of surgery

315 Today

Oh no not the flu, I'll definately be praying for you. Try your best to get down fluids you dont want to dehydrate yourself did you doc say you could take anything for the symtoms?

Congratz Nikki!!! so 5 boys!!! you should have one more to make a sports team! I am happy your bean is doing good! *hugs*

I came down with the flu last night. It started with a sore throat, then progressed into vomiting and nausea, and then I got the horriable diarreah cramps, but with no diarreah. I think cause I am so constipated. It was the most horriable feeling ever- I almost thought it was contractions. But the runs finally came late this morning. I know its gross, but I swear I hope none of you ever have to experience it! My body is aching all over and it hurts to even type this. I want some Jello but I am afraid I will just vomit it up. Pray for me!

~Raynie!

Hi guys! I am sooo much better lol. Thanks for the thoughts! I didnt take anything for it, just rest and fluids. I am still congested with a cold. I also never got the head lice either Oh Thank God! Just part of having a daycare lol. I had my genetics testing for DS, everything looks ok. :)

Welcome to our thread Jodie! Your baby looks just like mine! hehe... I turn 13 weeks tomorrow! So we can race to the end together! And Gratz!

And Welcome to you too Lindz! I was 315 before banded....then got down to 247- got pregnant and had a miscarriage, a month later and 10 pounds later got pregnant at 257 pounds. This time its sticking! Good luck in conceiving! Start your prenatals vits now!

~Raynie!

Welcome to the new mommies-to-be!

Raynie--I am glad you are feeling better! This is such a wonderful time you certainly don't want to spend a single minute of it sick.

Well, last Thursday I had my doctor's appt. and they took blood to test for Down's and I don't really don't know what all (if anything else). They told me that they would have the results by Monday and they would only call me if we needed to investigate furthur. I gave them another day in case their results were slow in coming, but it is now Tuesday and I haven't heard from them!! Praise God! I have my ultrasound on Thursday, November 8th (which is my bandiversary!) and hopefully we can find the sex out. I can't wait!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am 12 weeks pregnant and so happy to have found this thread! :whoo: This is my first pregnancy and I am trying to be careful to make sure that I don't go overboard on the weight gain. I am going to work very hard to only gain the recommended amount.

I found this calculator that I thought would be good to share with the group since we are all focused on a healthy pregnancy.

Weight Gain Calculator for pregnancy. Weight gain when pregnant.

One of the things I read that I am very excited about is that the pregnancy weight is so much easier to lose with the help of our bands! Gawd, I love my band. I had a complete unfill at 8 weeks and it has been really hard not to go all out. I have to admit that I have not been eating very healthy (too much fast food and dining out) since my unfill. I'm inbetween my regular clothes and maternity clothes right now. So I decided to go to our outlets and stock up on some work clothes that are 2-3 times larger than my normal size. The Lane Bryant Outles has some very cute career and casual clothes that I am wearing now and I think they will work just as good on the 9 months down.

Well, I wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. Here's to a very healthy and happy 9 months to all of us! :clap2:

Welcome Rocker girl! and Congratz! I see you were banded with Dr. Ortiz! i was too and loved his facility and him and the whole staff! I too have too watch what I eat since I dont feel the restriction as much. But 9 out of 10 times, I still choose the bad choices. I shrug it off saying, Heck I can diet it off after baby is due. lol. i will get a super fill and suffer later. :( When are you do? I am due May 7th.

Niecy- so your U/S is coming up! What do you plan on having? Hope you get what you want!!!

I too, just passed my band anniversary. It was a sad day. I saw all my bandsters still losing weight and looking great. I felt like one of the biggest loosers, but then had to realize that I gained sooo much more- a baby! Even if I had hoped to get pregnant when I was skinny, oh well it didnt work out that way. God works wonders all the time. I still am lighter then what I was before the band. So I cant really complain, right? Muhahahahaha............

Happy Halloween! And this year- I am eating the candy!!!!

~Raynie!

Welcome Rocker girl! and Congratz! I see you were banded with Dr. Ortiz! i was too and loved his facility and him and the whole staff! I too have too watch what I eat since I dont feel the restriction as much. But 9 out of 10 times, I still choose the bad choices. I shrug it off saying, Heck I can diet it off after baby is due. lol. i will get a super fill and suffer later. :( When are you do? I am due May 7th.

Niecy- so your U/S is coming up! What do you plan on having? Hope you get what you want!!!

I too, just passed my band anniversary. It was a sad day. I saw all my bandsters still losing weight and looking great. I felt like one of the biggest loosers, but then had to realize that I gained sooo much more- a baby! Even if I had hoped to get pregnant when I was skinny, oh well it didnt work out that way. God works wonders all the time. I still am lighter then what I was before the band. So I cant really complain, right? Muhahahahaha............

~Raynie!

WOW LOL! We were in sync somewhere back there because Im due May 5th! (tentatively, I dont remember my last cycle, so I just have an estimated date)

~Raynie!

WOW LOL! We were in sync somewhere back there because Im due May 5th! (tentatively, I dont remember my last cycle, so I just have an estimated date)

So I'm 7 years post op. I've never had any problems with my band. I've lost approx. 85 lbs, am now at a healthy 150 lbs. We're trying really hard to get pregnant right now. Not sure if anyone on here has gone through IVF treatments before but you're basically a walking pharmacy for a little over a month. Shots, pills etc. Anyway, last Monday I woke up and couldn't swallow water!! I knew what it was, so I called a US band doctor (I was a self pay in Mexico), and went into see him. My band was still full! I hadn't lost a drop since my last fill which was about 6 years ago. Anyway, I had him remove my fill for the first time since I was banded in '99. It's wierd how old habits can snap back really quickly. We decided to give my system a rest for a couple of weeks until I'm off the IVF meds, then I'll go back and be re-filled. I am enjoying eating all the things I haven't been able to in a long time however :D The doctor assured me that bands and pregnancies go together great, so I'm resting my system right now, and will get re-filled mid Nov.

Welcome Rocker girl! and Congratz! I see you were banded with Dr. Ortiz! i was too and loved his facility and him and the whole staff! I too have too watch what I eat since I dont feel the restriction as much. But 9 out of 10 times, I still choose the bad choices. I shrug it off saying, Heck I can diet it off after baby is due. lol. i will get a super fill and suffer later. ;) When are you do? I am due May 7th.

Yes, I love Dr Ortiz too! His staff is amazing. Did you get a complete unfill or did you leave some in. I'm thinking I should have left some but I'm hesitant to go back since I really dislike getting anything done without fluro. It was really a pain to find the port without the fluro when I got my unfill. THe Dr had to keep trying cause it kept sticking in the port plastic and not in the part that he needed to get to with the needle. I guess I worry about getting a leak and it's not worth ruining my band over but man do I miss my band and the restriction and control it gave me. I have absolutely no self-control and now I feel like I'm gaining much too quickly. I will just have to try and watch myself I guess. Oh well. :)

I am due May 13th. I have my next OB appt on Mon. the 5th. I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat at this appt. Next week starts my second trimester! :whoo: Woohoo!!!

Have you guys thought about names and good stuff like that. I have already scheduled a 3-D ultrasound for my 16th week because I HAVE to know the gender ASAP. Rainey, I bought the Intelligender test too! :) I took it on Monday and it said I was having a boy. I would be completely thrilled with either or but if I had any say in the matter I would prefer a boy first. How did your test go?