Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Candice-yes try the enima. I did not go to the bathroom for 7 days. Went to the doc and had to go home and do an emema. I had a blockage. Now I do Benfiber 3 times a day and try to eat more fruit. Constpation is not fun! Let us know how you are!

Thanksgiving was not good to me. I gained 5 pounds but thank god have already lost it. I am hoping it was Fluid from all the salt! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Hi guys!

I had an ok Thanksgiving- wish I brought more turkey and gravy home! Oh well!

My doctors appointment was nuts. I got on that scale and screamed "oh my lord, and I even took off my shoes!"- so loud that all the nurses were laughing. Atleast the doc didnt yell at me. :( I am up to 279. I just want to die. I need to get to the gym. I need more energy to do that! I wish that Water aerobics class was at a different time. Oh well. I need to get my but into gear before its to late.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

I hope all is well.

~Raynie!

OK, so I went for the dreaded Enema, and guess what even that DIDN'T work!! The doctors and nurses couldn't believe it! They sent me home with the same dang things I was taking before, and said give it a day and see if anything works. I have my regular doctors appointment tomorrow morning. I guess if I dont go by then, I will find out what they are going to do with me tomorrow. I am now up 40 lbs!! This I am sure is 10 due to blockage!! (I hope anyways!)

I do plan on going on maternity leave by December 21 (last day my school is open before holidays) But officially it will be December 31st. This way I can start going to aquafit at the local pool and hope the exercise will help me some. I certainly can not go outside to walk.. its -40 with the windchill today (that is celcius) -7 F but add in windchill factor I am guessing that would be around -15 F. (No matter it is freakin cold!)

Candice

Hello Nikki32,

Sorry to butt into your thread, but I was reading some of the old pages, and I noticed that we have a few things in common. I don't know if Nikki is your name, but it is mine. Also, you wrote that you have 4 boys and that this one sneaked in. I have 3 boys, and my pregnancy was unplanned as well. I noticed that you refered to your baby as "he." I didn't read a thread that said whether you actually found that out or whether you're just assuming. My husband and I are just assuming this is a boy! I'm only in my sixth week. Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi," because you sound a little like me. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and I hope you get good news at your 3d.

Hi there,

Don't worry about what you should and should not be eating in pregnancy...your body (and your doctor) will tell you.

If you spend all your time worrying about your diet you won't enjoy the pregnancy and remember - babies take from you what they need.

Just make sure you eat lots of fruit and veg, lean meat and dairy (pasturised), and be sure to eat all the things that you don't want your child to become alergic to - peanuts, wheat etc.

It's when they're in there that they build up a tolerance.

Walk for an hour a day, bask in your gorgeousness, and love every minute of it! Losen your band, eat well, and have it re-tightened when bub arrives - I did. She's 18 months old, tall and athletic, bright as a button and the light of our lives!

C:whoo:

Candice_ How are you? How did the doc appt go? Let us know? I am now 25 weeks and having really bad back pain. Is anyone else? I am annoying my self I am so bitchy!! My poor family!!!!!

OK.. so I saw my doctor. Turns out other than upping the dosage of the lactalose, and the docusate sodium, there is not much they can do for me. I did get a "little BM" but other than physically going up there and scouping, which uh not gonna happen.. they can't do anything! How horrible is that! Anyways.. even the little movement has helped how I feel!

Turns out my baby is head down bum up by my left breast! So I will be going back to the doctor weekly now. She also said I am carrying a big baby for 31.5 weeks! (I already knew that).

As for back pain Bexlaygal.. I had some, but nothing major. I took a tylenol and usually went to sleep. However, if this is persistant back pain, I would definatly go to your doctor ASAP. It can be just the way the baby is sitting, but then it could also mean you may have a bladder infection, it could be a number of different things. I know I had a bladder infection a few weeks back, and I get back pain and lower abdominal pain, but no "burning or anything when I pee" It could also just be muscle pain from all the weight being carried in the front now. Good luck! Let me know how it goes?

You know whats wierd? I have a backache too! I think I might have a bladder infection with it- no burning or anything .... just feel irritated and have to pee so much and lower ab pain. Ugh! I hate these things. Was hinking of making a doc appt today- I dont think I can wait till Dec 26th, I feel to uncomfortable. Maybe your just having sympathy pain for me Bex! :(

Candice- I saw a South Park episode last night- it reminded me of you! :( This guy had to go to the doc cause he was severly constipated. The doc gave him some stuff and warned him about how painfully it will feel once he relieved himself. They actually showed him trying to poo! After he cried and screamed and passed it out- he was so relieved. He went to flush it and was shocked at how big it was! He ran to get his wife and show her! OMG! I almost died laughing and being grossed out at same time. I could never show my dh that! :(

Anyhow- I hope your feeling much better and good luck with your bm. Take a good book in the bathroom and lock yourself in there for a day! :)

Cathys- thanks for the info! I never knew that!!! About the allergy thing. Thast was good to know!

And Ronik- Gratz on your pregnancy and welcome to the thread!

~Raynie!

Thanks candice for the bladder info. I do have a bladder condition called Interstital Cysitiis (IC) have considered that the pain was bladder related. I was doing bladder treatments during my first trimester but my flare up has subsided so I have not seen the urologist since then. I might go back b/c I ma sitting on a heating pad everynight!!! Which does seem to help. Even bought a massaging pillow from Khols that actuially kneads you. Yes, it is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone should have one! Candice let us know how your doc appt goes?

Raynie_ how is your back pain? Go get you a pillow! Don't you find out this month what you are having?

I'm curious about this as well. I am going to TTC my 2nd at the end of next year. I was hoping I could make it the whole time w/out an unfill. Is this possible? What a shame to lose and then gain it all back.

Panda- Honestly? It's your life, your body, your baby :girl_hug:

If you want it now, go for it!! You're not that much overweight anymore. Maybe he wants you to do it so you won't gain too much weight during pregnancy (I.e. you'll gain 50lbs and be 100lbs overweight, vs. if you wait and gain 50lbs you'll be 50lbs overweight).

Who knows, but there's larger people having kids all the time. I have a friend who is about 300lbs and 5'5, and she is trying to have a kid. It's not like in the history of baby birthin, big women don't have babies. Yeesh.

Good luck :)

We are going to be 'trying' end of 2008. I HOPE to have lost all this excess weight by then.

Really... And whats worse anyway? Age or weight, etc.

I've been reading about pregnancy stuff a little bit lately because DH and I will probably be wanting to get me preggers around the end of '09. So that means, for me, at least, that I'd have to start dealing with all the preconception stuff in about a year. I know a year's worth of prep sounds crazy, but there are some crazy medical issues to deal with, including the meds I am on, and the crazy wierd health problems that are in my family. I suspect my genetics are too risky to use, and testing and egg donors and obgyns and a possible visit to a high risk obgyn... that can all take a long time. So I've been told a year of prep. So I'm prepping myself now for my prep (silly, I know)... I'd like to enjoy a few months at goal before a large belly. Then afterwards I figure I can things lifted and tucked. But is there ever really a good time? the "right time"? There are always a million reasons to put it off, and then the years have gone by and its too late.

Hi Ladies!

Just checkin in - its been a while. Pregnancy is going fine, 26 weeks now. I have gained 21 lbs total with my fill completetly undone. Baby is great, its a boy - very excited! Hope teh rest of you are doing as well.

Take care!

Hi Everyone! Just checking back in with you all. Sounds like everyone is doing great! :clap2:

I had my dr appt yesterday. All was good. I got to hear the babies heartbeat again...love that! We also found out it's going to be a little boy!!! WWWOOOOOHOOOOO!!! :whoo: Hubby and I were so happy. His expression was priceless when the tech said, Dad you're having a son! I'm up 12lbs already but the Dr didn't really scold me or anything....he said that it may just be a growth spurt but if I continue to gain this quickly we may have to talk about eating healthier and exercise....ugh. :faint:I guess I will try to be good but it's the holidays and this is such a hard time for me already. Doesn't help that I'm going to The Melting Pot for dinner tonight with some girlfriends or that there is a cookie exchange this weekend! Lol, oh well I don't really care all too much because I know that I have my band to help me afterwards right.

I am starting to wonder if the port will show once I start to get bigger. I have always been able to feel it, even right after surgery and where it is placed (under my left breast about 2-3 inches down) doesn't have too much chub over it. How about you guys? Does your port show? Have you had any band related issues in pregnancy? This is my first pregnancy and everything is soooo new! :help: