Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Thanks Bex and Raynie :P You are right -- I am bursting at the seams! I was with my sister tonight and it was pretty much all I could do not to just blurt it out! I'm sure someone will catch on with all my crabbing about being crampy and headachy and bloated. My DH just reminded me that I probably will not be feeling much better for about three months!

Yis congrats again Juno! Have you told anyone at all? I just read Nicole kidman is pregnant. Isnt it wierd how these famous stars can keep a secret so well? I coulnt wait 4 months to tell anyone. I would go nutso. So far Jessica Alba is prego too, and Jennifer Aniston. Oh and I heard Jennifer lopez is expecting twins! They are all due in spring. Is there anyone else preggo?

And my gosh Bex- your going o havea c-section? ouch. And your breast feeding? your like a super hero mommy! My prayers for strength will be with you! Or like Star Wars- May the forces be with you! Muhahahahah..........

Alright time for bed..... yeah right. I will toss and turn as the baby kicks the hell out of my bladder again. /sigh Making me pee every 20 minutes. As I lie there thanking God for the sweet husband he gave me, until the husband rolls over and breathes hot dragon breath in my face while he is snoring. /puke. Heha Goodnights!

~Raynie!

ps. Do you think Candace went into labor?

The only people that know are DH and my mom. My mom is constantly asking if I started my period (she knows we've been trying), so I couldn't NOT tell her. She is really good at keeping secrets though, so I know she won't blab to the whole family.

Welcome back Rayne!

Well I havent gone into labour yet, although last night I was having contractions every 15 mins for 2 hours but then they quit. I have to see my doc this morning, I am 37 weeks and 2 days. My due date is January 27th. We are still not finished the baby's room! My poor husband was putting primer on the walls last night while I thought I might be in labour. I am going today to get the rest of the paint. I have also been unbelieveably sick with a nasty cold. Of course there is nothing they can do for it, I swear I am coughing myself into labour. I have been since the 27th of December!

As for sleep.. well I have no idea what that is anymore. Everyone keeps saying rest now, you wont be able too once the baby comes, but how can you sleep with a belly the size of a beach ball, and top it off with a cold, coughing that doesnt stop.. ugh.. sorry I am such a complainer! I just want this baby to be born and I want to be healthy! I am really excited to be a mom though. We are hoping to have the baby's room all done by thursday! That is my husbands day off.

I have to say ladies, I am sure glad to live in Canada! I certainly couldnt afford to pay out of pocket to have a baby! Nevermind all the other expences that go along with a baby. Anyways, I had better get ready for this doctors appointment! I will let you know if I go into labour!

Candice

My apologies for not reading the entire thread before asking this. :D

Did any of you make goal and THEN get pregnant? My dh wants one more baby, and I told him I wouldn't even consider it at my current weight. I have a hard enough time carrying MYSELF around. lol. So I told him if I made goal I'd reconsider.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done that and how it worked out. How did your ob feel about the fact that you were banded? How much did you gain throughout the pregnancy? How fast did you lose it after?

I'm not even banded yet, so it's all speculative at this point. But this is how my mind works. :rofl:

Wow we got moved to our own support group! Kudos!!!! That is so awesome!

I am sorry you feel so ill Candice, soon it will all be over with. Hopefully the cold goes away before the baby comes. what color are you painting the nursery? I hope everything works out fine.

Angie I didnt even come close to making goal. I am almost 24 weeks- I have gained 22 pounds. I will prolly gain 40 more lol. My ob and midwife are more concerned about the band and me getting enough food then I am.Thats a first. It feels wierd to have so much attention on that issue when I am still fat! rofl. The latest advice was to cut back on high calorie drinks. I plan on losing all of it after baby comes. I am ready to do whatever it takes. I am not getting any younger- thats why we didnt wait till I was at ideal goal. Shoot I might not ever get to ideal goal, but atleast i will have the baby. When I look at it that way- I feel good about being pregnant. It was a miracle I conceived, it took along time. We have been blessed. I have the tool already to loose all the fat, the rest is just up to me!

~Raynie!

Hey guys, I was reading though this thread as I too have hopes of becoming prego in the (not-so-near) future. (I suppose I need proper suitor first, lol) I have had PCOS my entire life, including very irregular/absent periods.

Just curious if anyone has had similar PCOS issues, and if they disapeared after weight loss, and how easy it was to get pregnant?

hi Angie,

I was 32 lbs away from goal weight. I have gained 49 lbs and am considered full term now. Each person is different however just like each pregnancy is different. I got the band knowing it was safer with pregnancy than gastric bypass or any other weightloss surgery.

Raynie, the baby's room is a very very pale mint green, and it will be done in a fish theme. I have a beautifull wall mural from Sears, of an underwater dolphin seascape. It is gorgeous. Once the baby is born we will add "little mermaid" if its a girl, or "nemo" if its a boy. I am a disney person :)

Just over 2 weeks to my due date. I have completely dropped now, so it could be any day! Hope everyone is well!

Candice

Raynie- Thanks for your prayers. I will need them. It is hard to breastfeed but I love to do it. AND it makes the weight roll off me. Yeah, I am that vain!!!

Candice- Are you just miserable? Post picks of the baby room. I will try to post pics of our room!!

Angie- I was not near goal. I lost 50 them wham got pregnant. I have gained 30 pounds so far and I am sure will gain more b/c that is what I did with my daughter the last few weeks. I will lose it all again then some. Good luck to you!!!

I am 27 weeks now and I wasn't anywhere near my goal before I got pregnant, but I'm okay with that. I know I will lose it after baby. I have gained about 20lbs so far. And yes Shy I threw up ALOT during my first trimester. I was worried about slippage but thank god nothing has happened. I'm just glad I'm near the end. I have another ultrsound tomorrow and I'm hoping to find out what the little one is!! It wouldn't show me during my previous ultrasounds. I'm so excited! I love that we now have our own link on here!!

Thank You Becca77 for answering thats the only thing i am like worried about the getting sick and maybe making it slip but i am glad to hear that you are doing so well I hope everything goes great for you :D

Hi Shy, I threw up alittle during the first few months. I knew it was bad so I did everything I could to keep it under control, ginger ale andcrackers did wonders. Also getting out of bed and going without food for more then 2 hours makes me supper nautious! to the point where I think I want to vomit. Just try and take it easy.... it will pass.

Candice- I want to see your room! That sounds awesome! Bex I want to see yours too! Shoot everyone posts pics, and I want to see these babies once they come out!!!!! I cant wait!

Sarah- somebody did have pcos, and ot pregnant, for the life of me I dont remember who though, but it can happen! Good luck!

Welp i finally finished my baby regisitry at Babies R Us. Is it rude to decline having a baby shower? I would rather have a Welcoming Party. I think the only people who would show up for a shower would be dh's family. I also have learned in the past that I have spent more on Baby Showers then I actually recieved in gifts. I know its selfish to say but thats true. I would rather just buy what I need. I love going to baby showers though, they are fun. Mostly just for the cake ... hehe.... whats your thoughts? Also arent Baby Showers for first time moms? And if so, does it count if its the dads first? :D

~Raynie!

Shy- i vomitted like crazy the first trimester and now it is back. I just try not to but so far I am fine. I only have 2 cc's in my band so that helps.

Raynie-My friends are throwing me a shower this SAturday. I am so excited. I was like you and told them not to b/c it is my second but they insisted. Now I am glad b/c I am so excited. It is a diaper shower. I have thrown 2 of them for my friends who are expecting second babies. Just a reason to get together and Celebrate a baby and friends! We really don't need a reason my friends and I try to get together monthly for girls night out! I have tried to post pics..anybody have an idea how to do that???