Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Hey! I was banded Dec 20th 2006 then got pregnant June 2007. I had unfil from 3.8 to 2 cc's b/c I was so sick the first trimester. I have gained 30 pounds and am at 29 weeks pregnant. Just wanted to put my info out there for anyone who was wondering. Wish everyone well!

Raynie- Where are you? What is your baby? Boy or girl? Let us knw what is going on!!!!!!!!

Hey bexleygal,

How are you feeling. Are you off bed rest? Is the pre-eclapsia subsided?

I am now almost 36 weeks along, I have gained over 50 lbs, but am also told my baby is very large.. if I go to term, it will be between 9 and 10 lbs at least.. kinda scares me but I am not going to be all macho and I am getting the epiduro! LOL

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season, I know I ate too much! LOL so I am sure I have gained even more! However, just a couple more weeks and then I can start my weightloss journey again! I am suffering with the start of a cold today. My throat is swollen, and I am feeling really crappy. I just hope it doesnt get much worse! My doctor and I both think this baby could be coming a bit early however, where I live, small town in Manitoba Canada, we have a hospital shortage, and the Maternity ward is closed until January 1st at 8 am. I pray I dont go into labour between now and then! The next closest hospital is 2 hours away.

Anyways, enough whining from me sorry ladies! I hope everyone is having a great week! It is getting close for me, so i will do my best to keep you all posted!

Candice

hi girls

just thought id pop in to say hi,all is well with me and junior apart from maybe my weight which now is starting to be an issue with me because although i do now have bump and baby measuring for dates my weight still dropping and on one hand i should be whooping with glee i worry he getting all he needs ,im a milk junky at the moment as im dying with heartburn all the remodies in the world seem only to keep it at bay for very short time then im burning again and at night even laying up high on pillows it driving me crazy im only 26 weeeks so 3 more months of this argggggggggh.

i had total unfill so its not like i can do much else i still cant eat big meals only more regular small ones but ive been eating chocolates (thankfully no more left )lots of ice cream and milk & milk shakes and im lighter than ive been since i was teenager ,im not skinny im not even at target and body looks like a deflated tyre so not pretty but it is weird that for once in my life my weight is not an issue except that maybe im worried i not maintaining or gaining some weight so is baby getting enough for development (i know he growing well ),i bet i start gaining like a mad thing these last three months then il be posting whinge and im not bragging about weight its just the way its worked out for me i expected to gain about 28-35 lbs!!! instead ive lost about that !!

Candice- i am still taking it easy. I go back to the docotr on the second of Jan to see what the doctor says. I passed my glucose test which is great. I failed with my first daughter so I am pumped. I am so with you about ready to start our weightloss journey again. Really looking forward to that. Other than that feeling really pregnant I am great. My husband and best friend painted my daughter's room Friday night it is so cute! Can't wait to get her furniture in there. My daughter loves to go in there. I was 5 weeks early with my daughter so you will be fine Candice. God will take care of you and your baby. They told me to be ready to go into labor after Feb 6th. iwill be 5 weeks and that is whenI had my daughter. Please keep me posted even after the baby we can support each other lose the baby weight!!!!!

i am worried about Raynie- has anyone heard from her???

Nikki- I am had severe heartburn like that with my first daughter. I drank mylanta like it was water! Have you tried that and taking a pepcid every day. That is what I survived on. I had to eat bland bland food. With this pregnancy it has not been that bad on days of heartburn instead of canstantly. Bless your heart I know it is not fun!!!!!!!

Just thought I would say hello to everyone and say at 5 and half months I am doing great. I did not have my band unfilled (4 cc's) and am doing awesome.

It does add a little learning curve the later I get into pregnancy but

no nutritional issues, in fact I am healthier than others without a

band because of our nutritional regime that we follow after being

banded. I am still lossing weight only a pound or two but baby is

large (long and estimated at over 2lbs already), healthy and being

monitored.

I was banded June 26 at 240lbs and am 212lbs now with baby and all.

Thankfully, I still had my bigger clothers so I have not had to by

maternity clothes. It is great. I don't kno what I would have done

without Dr. Neal's office (Olympia Washington) and my banding.

Happy holidays all and stay strong and successful in 2008.

Crystal:whoo:

Congrats Jadasmommy! That is awesome that you were able to keeo your band filled that just gives you a leg up to losing weight after the baby. Yey for you!

hi all! thanks for the de-fill info. i worry about preeeclampsia too so be careful and take good care of you and baby. i got a de-fill today all 1.6cc's out of a 4cc band. i couldn't even get down Water or milk the last 2 days. when the intern gave me a cup to drank i downed it like a college kid at a kegger (i wish!!) it felt great! i have another question...do you have to go back to liquids, mushies then real food or can i eat my birthday dinner that i threw up yesterday?

oh - by the way i am 21 weeks, 3 days and we had un ultrasound yesterday. the little bugger mooned us the whole time and in the pix we did get he/she looked like one of the statues on Easter Island. baby definitely takes after dad! is anyone else waiting to find out boy or girl or am i the only stubborn one? (my dh is not happy, HE wants to know)

I don't know the sex of my baby either. Only 3 more weeks to go. It is getting very exciting! I think there is nothing better than waiting to find out the sex at delivery. The anticipation and the surprise is something you just dont get very often these days! That is my opinion of course. My family is all excited, they have a baby pool going to see who guesses the sex and delivery date. The winner gets 1/2 the money and the rest goes to me for baby! Kinda fun.. its not a huge amount either probably enough for a bag of diapers! Its just the fun in guessing and not knowing I think. Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone!

Candice

Hello everyone! I've read through this whole thread (haven't posted since the first page! LOL), and it's been very exciting to see you all go through nearly your entire pregnancies! Congratulations to those that have given birth already! :)

Well, I thought I'd pop in to say... I'm PREGNANT!!! We've been trying since May, and I seriously thought it was never going to happen. I was three weeks late in November, but it was not to be -- the only good thing was I found out I had PCOS. So, one month on metformin, and here I am! Of course, it is ridiculously early to be telling anyone, but I had to tell SOMEONE. I figured you all would understand :)

Maria

HAPPY NEW YEARS!~

I am back! So sorry, I haven't been on in nearly a month. Please forgive me! I lost the journal my password was in, it was MIA. I found it yesturday. i had gotten a email saying "we miss you Raynie, please log back in" he ha so I clicked on getting a new password sent to me and yada yada it was a lengthy process, so I went digging for my book. So here I am!

First of all I missed everyone! Bex, how are you doing? Are you getting nervous? I see your due in a few weeks! Gosh the time has flown by! And Candice, you are due like anyday now right? Wow! I am so excited for the both of you!!!! *hugs*

I feel like both of you- I want to start my weightloss now! I cant stand it anymore! I am actually waddling, lol. I have gained 22 pounds and feel like a blimp. I just want this over with. I am dreading the next 3 months- Iknow I will be over 50 pound weight gain. I finally got the dreaded lecture from the doc. She said to watch my juices and high cal drinks. She was actually nice about it though. I havent told anyone- but I have been drinking soda like a mad person. Atleast 2 a day. It had been a year and once I had to drink that orange soda from the docs office for that glucose test- I figured out fast that the carboniation didnt affect me. So bad girl for me! I cant stop its like an addiction. I want a fill soooo bad! :)

My hair has been bothering me- I dont know what to do.... i had dyed it black right before I found out I was pregnant, now my roots look disgusting. I feel like crap everytime I look at myslef. My self esteem is like down the drain now. I also developed a baby rash- or red rash- its all over my face neck and chest. Its gross. My concealor helps alot, but still, when I go without the makeup and add the hair with the ugly roots, I feel nasty and depressed. Also, my skin feels prickly and hivey, although I really dont see anything- no actuall hives or bug bites- and this is really wierd to me. oh well, 3 more months I tell myself! :)

I am so glad the holidays are done with! It was truely exhausting. The inlaws was supposed to have surprised me with a baby shopping spree- It didnt happen. Instead they bought us a Chevy Suburban! Which we needed cause I already have 4 kids, and the Honda Odyssey we have only sat 6. So that was a huge relief and a total shock! This burban is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Its a dark blue, too match our Batman theme! Oh by the way- we finally found out the sex! Its a BOY! whoot for the DH. Of course I still wanted a girl, but oh well. We had went to DH's dad house over the holidays- the brought out old photos of DH when he was a kid. My DH was very ugly as a child. heha. I know thats mean but it was true. I couldnt believe my eyez. I thought they were joking around at first- but they werent. So I had to pretend he was cute. But actually I am worried. I wonder if my kid will be ugly now. My Dh's grandma and mom had the baby pictures- when I saw them, i almost cried- again, he was ugly. I couldnt believe this is happening. If the kid comes out ugly looking- I just hope he turns into the handsome prince like his dad did. But damnit those were ugly pictures! The only thing that I can think of too describe what he looked like was a mixture of Ernest- that funny guy from the dorky movies- Ernest goes to camp_ I think its what it was called- It was so long ago.... and the show the Wonder Years- Paul..... the dorky kid with the glasses. /sigh. Oh well. I suppose I should have checked this pic out before I got married! Just kidding. I still love my dh, I just hope he comes out looking like me. Minus the fat gene. :)

I know that I am rambling on- but its been so long since I posted.

So Candice, you have no idea what the sex is yet? Thats cool! I really tried to wait and be surprised too- but I couldnt do it. Duh. Do you have names picked out? and what is your exact due date?

Same with you Bex.... what are you naming your little girl? What color did you paint the nursery? When is your exact due date? I am so excited for you guys!

And for the rest of the preggo momies- congratz on all the newbies! Please keep posting all your info and chat- I want to read about it all! And thanks for joining our thread.

I feel like I am forgetting something- I am finally getting sleepy, so I am going back to bed. Does anyone else have insomnia? I feel like it hits me from 6pm til 6 am. I just cant sleep. I still have not gone to Water arobics, the class starts at 9 am, but that seems to be the only time of day I can sleep soundly. Which is frustrating. I need to change this routine. All I can think of is that its the baby saying get some practice staying up cause I am not going to sleep at all at night! heha. Funny baby. Also, I know this is strange- dont think I am nuts- but is it possiable- that I am having a dairy allergy? Thats why I feel all hivey and itchy and prickly? Like its the baby giving me clues as to which baby formula I should use? All my other 4 kids were lacto intolerent. So I am thinking this one will be too. But maybe he will be more serious intolerent. I am thinking I should start him off on Enfamil Nutragima from the beg. I know it sounds so nuts. I just seem to worry about everything! I also worry that I wont have everything I want for the baby. I added it all up- and with the cost of the delivery, baby stuff, and plane tickets for my mom, and everything else- the total is a whopping $7000! Yikes! My delivery- co pay is $500 a day- I want to stay for 4 days- which comes out to $2000. I need to stay for four days- again, a mental choice- but I feel its best for the babys health. Since once I get back he will be around the daycare- since we are not closing down. I am also getting induced, so that I wont go into labor during daycare hours. The Kaiser hospital I am delivering at is an hour away. I would never make it if I went into labor and had to wait for parents to get off work. hehehe.... I need to stop stressing, i am sure it will all work out, and to just have faith in God.

Is anybody else going thru this?

*hugs*

~Raynie!

We have been so worried about you! Glad you are all ok. I am doing well. We have got the baby room all ready. I love it! My husband painted it with some friends of ours and it looks so girly! I am 30 weeks now almost 31 weeks and I am so tired. I am trying to eat Iron rich food but I am so tired. This morning we got up at 6:30 then my daughter and I laid back down at 10. Good thing she went down with me or I don't know what I would have done. Raynie I hear you about the $$$$$$$$, We are wondering if we are going to have to live on Beans and rice the next year just to pay for the baby and all the expenses. Glad this is our last one we can't afford to do it again!!!!Mu husband is having a vasectomy on the 25th and they are doing a tubal on me the day of delivery, which I pray will be here soon!!!!

Juno- Congrats on the pregnancy. Keep us posted on how you are doing. How far along are you?

CAndice- Are you hanging in there?

Juno- Congrats on the pregnancy. Keep us posted on how you are doing. How far along are you?

Actually, it's a little embarrassing, but I'm barely a month along! DH has sworn me to secrecy until 12 weeks (insulin resistance = higher miscarriage rate), but I had to spill the Beans somewhere. I have an appointment with my OB next Tuesday and I see my new band doctor on Monday, so that will be interesting! My original surgeon moved out of state, and I've been lazy about finding a new one, but this kinda lit a fire under my arse.

Maria

Thanks Bex- your so sweet! You made me laugh though- a tubal and a vasectomy? you guys sound very serious about not having another kid! :) Bex how does the tubal work? Are you having a c section? I can only imagine the pain ... is it a surgery process? Do you have to stay in the hospital longer? I really need a tubal too. my DH says we should keep trying until we get a girl, I say no way in hell, I am done. I want to loose weight without the stress of what if I am pregnant? syndrome. I hate that. I also plan on going full force with the weight loss, I even want to try some kind of diet pill too and a fill of course! I have got too get to the gym!!! /sigh.

Gratz on your new peanut Juno! I am excited for you! Dont be bashful about posting here, we are your secret friends. Gratz!

~Raynie!

Heck yeah! We are all about a double snip and clip. We have 2 friends that have vasectomy babies and I don't want any surprises! Insurance pays for it 100% so we are like "Let's go for it!" I will have a c-section so once the baby is out they will just snip and burn the sew me up. I will not have to stay in the hospital any longer. We are really excited, isn't that weird.

Juno_ Don't feel silly. I found out at 3 weeks. I was still a week and a half from my period and the test was very positive!! I know you are very excited. I know you are about to bust at the seems. We waited 2 weeks and it was killing me!!

Went for my bladder treatment and there was blood in my urine. No signs of infection but the blood just shows sign of a flare up. IC is no fun!!

Raynie- I am with you on the diet. I was consdiering doing that Alli. Anyone know anything about it?? Guess I can't do that if I am breastfeeding though!!!!!