Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

hi raynie

batman theme sounds brilliant you must post pics when its done.

as for fill it depends on how i feel after i dont want to go too soon if im tired...im still losing !!!!

im 20 weeks and still going down but i can feel junior stronger each day so i know hes ok but still feels strange for weight to be going down and my appetite really small still even after total unfill ive even started drinking full fat milk !!!

im not complaining but everyone around me starting to be concerned .i go for 3d on 15th of decemberso i get to check hows he doing then i cant wait!!!!!!

Hey Raynie, and all the other pregnant ladies!!

it has been quite some time since I posted, I appologise! I am now 30 weeks today. My baby is growing, and kicking like crazy! I have gained 38 lbs already, and am devistated! I still have 10 weeks to go and this is usually when we gain the most! I thought after losing 113 lbs, I would not gain like this. I was completely de-filled but since had 3 fills to take me up to 5 ccs in my 10 cc band. I still feel like I can eat a whole lot of foods, like nothing is in my band at all. I was fortunate enough to not have any morning sickness at all. My only discomfort was severe acid indigestion/heartburn. I am finally out of that and just tired. I havent even started the nursery yet! LOL my parents are actually in the US right now looking for baby furniture for me. (as I am in Canada) and with our dollar at par.. it is WAYYY cheaper for us to get it all there. So in about 1.5 weeks I will know what "grandma and grandpa" have spoiled this baby with! :) Anyways, I am so sorry I havent posted in months! I wish each and every one of you the best in your pregnancy!

Candice

banded March 6, 2006

Hey all! I am 23 weeks now. She is kicking up a storm.

Raynie- i planned on getting a fill at 6 weeks. That is when they told me I could get filled back up. With my fill and breastfeeding I am hoping it will roll off me! We are also joining the YMCA this month so that will help too. MY 1 year lapband anniversay is coming up Dec 20th. It is hard b/c thought I would be like 180 by now but instead I am 255 and pregannt. Don't get me wrong, you all know I am estastic about the baby but it will be nice to lose again and feel fabulous. Feeling fabulous is what got me pregant in the first place!!!! HAHA!

Good morning all! It's good to see reports and that everyone is doing good. As far as fills, my surgeon said he didn't want to see me again until after I finished breastfeeding. I assume at that point, he will give me a fill. I plan on breastfeeding for up to 6 months so it will be a while for me.

Hi Ladies!! Just as an update I had a defill 0.4cc so my current restriction is 2.8cc and man what a difference it makes, I've been eating like theres no tomorrow I've gained 5 lbs since November 3rd total weight gain so far is 12 lbs, yikes! Its otae though as long as I know my bundle of joy is growing up to speed nothing else matter, right gals! Where is everyone at gaining wise? Wow Raynie, Batman theme, you'll have to take pics when its done I cant wait to see it!

I have gained 20 pounds so far. I am almost 24 weeks so I guess that is good. I hope!

Alicia521- You can get a fill as soon as you have the baby? Wow, i am jealous! My doc is making me wake until my 6 weeks check up. I could lose alot in those 6 weeks! Oh well, maybe I will anyway!!!!!

hi girls

omg ...i was just using a pregnancy weight estimater calculator on babycentre(website)and it asks your weight when you concieved so had to find my first post which was this...

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->hi girls

great to see this thread i just found out im pregnant !

it very early days as i was only few days late but feeling queasy sore boobs etc and had feeling..it unplanned (this will be my fifth )i have 4 sons

andy 13, ben 10 (nearly 11) ,callum 7(nearly 8), aidan 3(4 in sept) and hubby is going for vasectomy..lol

this one kind of just sneaked in.

i know my clinic recommends unfill but i would like to wait as long as possible but as im already feeling so sick and been vomitting im terrified of band slipping i was banded last december and im 63 pound down 39 more to go im taking pregnancy multi Vitamin and making good food choices but im feeling so sickly, im not hungry but i doubt unfill would help as i would still feel nausious.im so glad im not alone on this .

good luck to all our bandsters babys and it will be wonderful to share our new journey.

big hugs nikki xclap2.gif

so working back i was 270 to begin with so i was 217lb when i wrote this and according to calculator i should gain 15lbs in the pregnancy

im now 20 weeks pregnant and weigh....180 lbs

ive lost 37lb since i found out i was pregnant!!!!!!!!!!

this is breakdown of how baby weight is supposed to work

How it breaks down

If you gained the average of range above, this is where the weight would go (totals are rounded):

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="WIDTH: 30%">Maternal:</TH></TR><TR><TD class=dividerBorder>Uterus</TD><TD class=dividerBorder>0.79 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Breasts</TD><TD>0.33 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Blood</TD><TD>1.03 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Water</TD><TD>1.38 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fat</TD><TD>2.75 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dividerBorder style="FONT-STYLE: italic">Subtotal</TD><TD class=dividerBorder style="FONT-STYLE: italic">6.28 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TH>

Fetal:</TH></TR><TR><TD class=dividerBorder>Fetus</TD><TD class=dividerBorder>7.5 lbs.(my other 4 between 8 & 9lb)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Placenta</TD><TD>0.53 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Amniotic Fluid</TD><TD>0.65 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dividerBorder style="FONT-STYLE: italic">Subtotal</TD><TD class=dividerBorder style="FONT-STYLE: italic">8.68 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TH class=dividerBorder>Total</TD> <TH class=dividerBorder>14.96 lbs.</TD> </TR></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Source: ACOG. The formula is based on your current size and weight and whether you are underweight, overweight, or normal weight.

im going for antenatal this week ..baby kicking like mad and feels so strong so im not overly concerned but it does make me worry a little ...

what you all think should i consider myself lucky ??? or be concerned .

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

ok panic had set in there calculations wrong...27lb lost not 37 since finding out i was pregnant..doesnt seem as bad now..lol

I hate you Nikki- is all I have to say.... pfft. :) I wish I lost 27 pounds. Geez! Yeah, I would say LUCKY! hehe

Dooney- I love your baby tracker! Thats so cool!

Bex- you sound right on track!

rn - lol my delete button just broke- time for a new keyboard?

So i go in to the doc this morning. I am scarred. My scale says I gained a hell of a lot of weight. And what sucks is- my scale was way off then the doctora scale. I might faint once I get weighed in. I hate the fact that the weigh in is first then they take your blood pressure. Why do they torture me?

Soooo ..... heha talk about depression.

I will take pictures once the room is finished. My hubby is such a comic fan its ridiculoyus- my delete wont work so I have typos in this. Sorrl lol. Damn I did it again! I hope the room to be done by Feb. i am ordering a Batman Murial- it will take up one wall! Its gorgeous. My hubby wants to paint a Batman Logo on the ceiling where the crib will be! This room will rock!

Alright preggo momies- have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And have a happy shopping day on Friday. I wish I knew if it was bot- did it again- a boy or girl so I can go shopping. heha oh well. See you all soon!

~Raynie!

hey raynie sweetheart dont worry about weight be thrilled you having baby you sound so happy i havent been trying to lose weight i just am i think my body just used to all the pregnancy stuff it is my fifth after all nothing left to stretch on me its like saggy big cloth...lol

we will stick together after and get skinny then .

hi gilrs

im dying with heartburn...feeling really sick again too ,thought that had passed,how you all feeling???

im also soooooo tired could sleep all day if only i could ,getting memory foam topper for my bed hoping i can get better night time sleep soon my bed is far to firm.

Hey Nikki,

I suffered really bad with heartburn/stomach acid. My doctor told me to cut out chocolate and chocolate milk (that is all I drink, cant stand the taste of milk) orange juice and tomato/juice. I was drinking Malox like it was milk for a while there! The minute I stopped the above I have not had any sypmtoms of heartburn or acid since! Hope that helps some!

As for tired.. I STILL am tired! I am a tummy sleeper and of course this not being able to sleep on my tummy sucks, and not to mention the fact that this baby loves to be awake most of the night I swear! I know I wont be sleeping much those first few weeks!

My biggest issue now is constipation! I have had two different prescriptions, a supository, and senekot, STILL NO BM! I just got the 2nd prescription yesterday so I am going to give it one more day to work and if not.. this weekend I am going to go to hospital for the dreaded ENEMA!! I am in so much pain!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Candice

hi all! i am glad i found this thread! i am 15 weeks pregnant and VERY excited. we went thru fertility and this last time it worked..woohoo! i have not gained much so far about 3 lbs. my dr. wants me to stay near the 15 lb mark. can it be done? my tummy doc is not taking anything out yet, i have just under 1cc in a 4cc band. only some difficulty eating but no more than before baby.no morning sickness at all so that was one worry gone. has the band effected any of you? will it make a difference during labor? thanks for the info!