Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Hi Lucy! I haven't had IVF treatments but I heard how hard and frustrating it can be! Sorry your going thru it, and good luck! Gratz on your weight loss! It seems to be in your favor! Maybe try taking a vacation too reduce your stress alittle! It might help in conceiving!

Jodie! Yep, we must have been in synch somehow *giggles*.... I am not sure when I conceived since I ovulate late. According to my LMP my due date says April 27th. But the ultrasound says May 7th. So we shall see! Are you hoping for a boy or girl?

~Raynie!

Wow Rocker girl! we have so much in common! My gender test said a boy too! My next ob appt isnt until Nov 21st. My gender U/S isnt untill Dec 22nd. I cant wait. I had wanted a girl, for my own personal reasons... all the cute clothes, the pink round canopy crib, etc..... lol... but I changed my mind after telling DH it might be a boy. His expression was priceless! But either way I will be happy. I just want to know asap so I can start decorating! I feel you on the floro thingie with the needle. I am scarred to death of messing up anything. I feel like whats the point in going all the way there? i am not sure how much restriction I have. It seems like I can eat almost anything, at anytime of the day. I can even take those huge prenatals with no problem. I just have to watch how fast and how big my bites are. I do still get a pb sometimes. I am learning to try to let it pass on its own then rather to gag it up right away. Arby's roast beef sand. give me the most problem, regardless of how much sauce is on it. ROFL. I always have to have the tiniest amount of bread to. Esp with hamburgers. I guess in away I have learned how to cheat. Which scares me. I just love food too much. lol

~Raynie!

Oh and I forgot to mention that I swear I can feel the baby move! Its a little fluttery movement here and there. I am convinced that its not a gas bubble! I can only feel it on the inside but not on the outside yet, prolly still too early. DH says its impossiable cause its too early, but I swear I feel something every now and then. Just the thought puts a smile on my face, makes it feel more real too me!

~Raynie!

I have not yet been able to pig out on my kids candy yet! ROFL.... I got a toothache for no reason at all!!! I cant believe it! Must have been those Cookies from last week! heheh

~Raynie!

raynie! You so felt the baby. With both of my pregnancies I felt the baby early on in the 11th week. It is the baby! YEY! I am 22 weeks now and feel great.

lindz- I was 233 when i got pregnant and it only took one shot!!!!!!

i wish i had toothache...im miss piggy at the moment argggggh

i can feel baby now..im 17 weeks started last week like being tickled by a feather from inside but it so fleeting that by the time its registered it passed again it takes alot out of baby under sixteen weeks to make tiny movements this week its more real like a shifting around but no doubts now although still maybe only notice a few times over entire day but babs getting stronger and in next few it will be stronger and more frequent..hubby could never feel it until after 24 which was so frustrating as it seems so clear to you and his hand is right there at the place and nada ...i was always disappointed so now i just wait for belly jerking and show him ..lol though that even later

Geez Bex, your 22 weeks now! Thats so awesome, time is going by fast! Thanks for sharing with me, now I can really believe its the baby.... :) Can you feel her on the outside yet? I am glad you guys are having yours first, that way you can share your birthing stories before I pop!! lol

Nikki- yes I kinda thought maybe it was the baby just rolling over or switching positions or something, either way I love the movement! So your pigging out on my candy, huh? hehe Eat a candy bar for me ok?

~Raynie!

Congrats to you! I was on the Optifast 3 weeks prior to surgery, I had not been carefull for a long time but was told my fertility would increase with optifast, well I lost 25lbs in the 3 weeks before my surgery and about a week after my surgery I found out I was pregnant. unfortunatly they didn't catch it in my pre-op. I lost the baby probably due to anesthesia pain meds stress and malnutrition. I was very upset my fiance has no children it would have been his first. I am so glad I found this site this thread in particular gives me hope that I will have another chance. good luck I am very happy for you. I have had a hard time and wondered if this has happened to anyone else. I felt cheated out of my post op joy at finally getting a lot of this weight off, I just couldn't be as happy as I thought I would but I am doing better now. I had my second fill yesterday but I am just getting used to this I had so much morning sickness after surgery I was less than 500 cals a day for a while. anyways keep us posted and congrats!

Just wanted to check in. I also felt my baby around 11 weeks. It just comes in goes but I feel it the most when I'm laying down. I'm finally into the 2nd trimester and the nausea is finally gone. I will get my gender scan @ 20 weeks which will be early December.

Yay Alicia! OMG I never really realized it until you mentioned it- I haven't had that much morning sickness in awhile! WOW.... I am still tired though.... hehe

As for Mstewart- Don't give up hope sweetie! I had my surgery done last Oct and had a miscarriage in July of this year. At first I blammed the band ... but then became pregnant again 2 weeks later. Wierd I know, but this time around its sticking. As for you- I am not sure when you had your miscarriage and your surgery. But whatever the case, its probably better that you did miscarry. I know its hard to hear that- but- the baby might have been born with a deformity with all the meds and xrays and crap they use for the surgery, and for your own health- recovering from surgery takes a toll on your body! Plus- you need time to adjust to the lap band itself, and your body needs time to adjust to the huge change regarding nutrients and vit loss. It might take time sweetie to get pregnant again, but just try and focus on your weight loss. I heard after a person drops 40 pounds they become super fertile. Good luck to you honey! God has a plan for all of us!

~Ray!

Hi Lucy! I haven't had IVF treatments but I heard how hard and frustrating it can be! Sorry your going thru it, and good luck! Gratz on your weight loss! It seems to be in your favor! Maybe try taking a vacation too reduce your stress alittle! It might help in conceiving!

Jodie! Yep, we must have been in synch somehow *giggles*.... I am not sure when I conceived since I ovulate late. According to my LMP my due date says April 27th. But the ultrasound says May 7th. So we shall see! Are you hoping for a boy or girl?

~Raynie!

lol my original due date (b4 the sonogram) was April 28th!!! Thats soo funny! As far as hope for a boy or girl...Im torn...I REALLY want a girl, so that we can do girly things together (especially since Im a single parent, I dont want a feminine little boy lol!) But having a boy would be fun too because I can dress them all preppy and put little fohawks on him! lol!! Im really not worried that much about it...but I guess the hope for a girl wins out...

WELL HERE HE IS MY LITTLE MAN ...FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE WHO COULD WORK OUT HOW I POST THE DARN THING SO DONT ASK FOR ADVICE BECAUSE I STILL DONT KNOW....FIRST ONE VERY CLEAR AND I LOVE LOOKING AT THE PIC MAKES IT SEEM REAL...LOL

mcphee.png