Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Congratz Jill! Did you tell the DH? How did it go?

Candice I hope you had that baby by now! hehe :smile:

Bex- how are you feeling?

Juno- Got morning sickness yet?

Hope the rest of you are doing great too!

I am ok- it feels like the baby is going to fall right out of my vagina, but other then that things are ok. :eek:

have a great weekend!

~Raynie!

I did tell dh. I gave him 3 arrows (like for archery hunting- he is way into hunting) anyway. there is a Bible verse that says- Like arrows in the hands of a hunter are the children of one's youth Blessed it the mans whose quiver is full of them. So I put that verse on there and then I put- Apparently God does not feel your quiver is quite full yet! Signed Baby #3 EDD Oct 10 08 He was very surprised but I think he is happy. I think he is shocked. We had to use fertility meds with both other children. This one is definetely a weight loss baby! I love my band! Jill

Hey Ladies!

Well I am STILL PREGNANT. 5 days overdue, the inductions did NOTHING for me. I go back to hospital tomorrow (saturday) but I doubt they are going to do anything with me until Monday when I am a week and a day overdue. This is so frustrating! I just want this baby out already! I can not sleep at all, and my stupid phone wont stop ringing. When I answer, they are like why didnt you call me when you had the baby.. .I am like I havent had the baby.. that is why I havent called! People are giving me "chit" and I am getting pretty tired of it! I keep saying over and over, when I have it we will call! So now I am getting pretty bitchy! I dont want to talk to anyone anymore because all I keep hearing is oh well do this or do that or why arnt they doing a c-section and what is wrong with the doctors.. There is nothing wrong, this is my first baby, it happens quite often that the first one is late, and my body just isnt ready! Have any of you ever had to deal with this in the past? I have to say I am so frustrated, and emotional, I am feeling like this is all a bad dream, and I will never have a baby in my arms, and that this is some cruel joke. I sit at home and cry (like I am now) because i am so frustrated. Thank goodness for my mom.. whom I just called and cried my eyes out over the phone too. My mom was 16 days late with me, I just cant imagine. I am in a class called healthy baby that is a local thing here, and there is a girl that is due on Feb 14th, who is going to have a scheduled c-section on Monday, and it looks like she will have her baby before me! UGHHHH sorry I am just venting... I think I am going to have some lunch, get in the shower, and go see my mom.. my grandma just doesnt have to know I went out on my own! (they wont let me drive or do anything so I feel like an invalid sometimes)

Sorry ok, I will go for now.. just had to get this all out.. thanks for letting me share.

Candice

Hang in there this is the worst month the waiting is horrible, I am convinced the last week is the longest of all! Baby will be here very soon!

I'm back! I am been in the hospital for the last 2 dasy due to the UTI. I feel tons better but just going to take it easy. Let's hope I do not get another one before the baby comes.

Candice_ That sucks, I am not even going to tell you to hang in there becasue I know you have got to be miserable! Know I am thinking about you!

Jill- COngrats! I amhappy for you!

Raynie_ How are you feeling?

Juno- Have yall told anyone yet?

I'm new to this thread, although I have been lurking for a few days. I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago and I just had my first appointment today. My doctor does early sonograms on all his patients and we found out that we are having TWINS....AGAIN!!! We already have 1 set of fraternal twin girls that are 5 1/2 years old and then a single 2 year old boy and now we are being blessed with identical twins this time.

I know the question that runs through people's minds is...did she have fertility treatments. Crazy as it sounds, but they were conceived naturally both times. We were planning for #4, but never in our wildest dreams did we think we would be getting #4 and #5. I have been through a little shock today and trying to understand and comprehend this whole thing. Maybe tomorrow the shock will wear off and I can get a better grip on this.

By the way, you all have inspiring for me to see that you can be successful with the band and be pregnant. I have lost most of my weight, but that is about to change I'm quite sure. But the great thing is, I will have it waiting for me after the babies come. Thanks everyone for all your info on this thread and I look forward to hearing more on everyone's journeys.

hi girls its so lovely to see we got new members

we are all so fertile now that fat gone......lol

i am swelling out like you wouldnt believe junior so high up in my chest though that when i sit i feel like i have bowling ball wedged in my chest ..i reckon he lying breech ,too early to worry about it (almost 31 weeks )as fifth baby can be breech right up until the end .......but it aint comfy ...lol

my tummy is fascinating to look at.. as minus the fat i can watch him play around in there like an alien invasion and kids love it my youngest AIDAN whos four thinks that baby must be a power ranger !!!!

had terrible Constipation the other night and was in right state ,not the first time in this pregnancy i thought i might need urgent medical help i was forever trying to go and swelling so bad i could barely sit or lie and just stuck ,i wont even go into how i fixed myself but been taking a gentle laxative since but nothing yet so worried im going to be in bad way again !!

weight steady now thank god as whole world giving me hard time about still losing but i definately not trying to just eating been a problem as i feel so tight and heartburn awful !!!!!!!

candice....i know the waiting awful but try to enjoy !!!go out for meal have nice warm bubble baths or go out shopping for a sexy dress you going to wear afterwards and try not to focus on baby ....lol as if you could ignore big bump,but seriously if you watch toast cook i swear the toaster takes twice as long,what about a facial ,or bikini wax ...that made my baby jump last week ...im serious i went for haircut and then had eyebrows waxed and tinted and while i was there i mentioned that id love to get bikini wax but never brave enough ,not pain just my weight i think and girl convinced me they do everybody all shapes sizes and pregnant wemon as it kinda hard nearer end to groom there so i did and baby was jumping around like mad..lol

think it could have been fact i was nearly jumping off bed ,im great with ideas but trust me if i have to wait il be biting heads off people and probably sulk in bed ..hang in there it wont be long your on the home straight

raynie ...you must be carrying low if baby putting pressure down there,i keep complaining mines too high ....no pleasing me dont fancy falling out vagina either....lol...glad your keeping well did you get nursey finished i havent even started !!

jill.....so glad you in here with me (we both in same steadies thread)and i cant wait to share your journey ,these girls are great !!!

bexleygal ...im just finishing antibiotics for uti ,i felt so rough too and cant drink cranberry as it plays havoc with my heartburn but if you can id recommend drinking a couple of glasses everyday it will keep utis at bay ..

btw you and nursery look great !!!!!!!!!!!!!

m1hocker....welcome honey omg twins thats great and you have experience on how to handle them ,this my fifth baby but all single pregnancys looking forward to hearing how you get on with two ,are you getting or are you unfilled i pressume you need all the nutrition you can get carry two babies !!!

high to everyone else sorry im not posting to everyone but hubby gone shopping and im supposed to be ironing....yikes

one question though im having alot of braxton hicks and though i remember them really well with others ,i feel this a little soon but books and net say not uncommon ,so why does it make me think mmmmmmm i hope he not thinking of making early exit !!!

Nice post Nikki! You about summed it all up! ;) And I feel you on the coming early part- I have that odd feeling of pre-term labor.

Candice- turn off your ringer and just do things that you like to do, and the hell with everyone else! Try to focus on just you! It will be over soon! Someday you might even look back and laugh at it all- and what a story to tell your little one as he/she grows up!

Bex- you were in the hospital again? poor thing.... I hope you feel much better. Did you have to have a catheder? I hate those things!

Welccome to the the lady who is having twins! wow thats exciting newz!

Jill - that was way cool the way you announced to Dh! I bet he is so happy!

As for me well- crap I got a few tests done on wed, blood work- I thought I had a uTI from all the pressure, backache, and nonstop peeing- but the urine culture came back ok, they gave me antibiotics to help anyways- its not helping. But they did find Protein in my urine- a sign of pre-eclampsia, and today I got acall from the hospital- apparently I have to go in on Sunday morning to do a 3 hour glucose blood screen test- since my blood levels was elevated from the glucose test on wed. They want to double check to see if ihave gestational diabetes. Sooo that sucks for me. My blood pressure isnt too high yet, but damn I really feel swollen all over. And I am freaked out. I am trying to hang in there! ~Raynie!

A quick question for you all... did you guys have to do that glucose tolerance test where you have to drink that carbonated stuff? If so, did it bother your band at all? I'm not too worried since I've been unfilled a bit, but I have been religious about staying away from pop since surgery.

I have my first OB visit on Monday. Should be interesting! And just for fun, here's my little bean so far:

7weeks2.jpg

Jill -- Yay! Congratulations! :eek:

Raynie - No morning sickness yet! Even with the progesterone supplements! There's been a few evening where if I hadn't eaten a lot for dinner I'd feel a little nausea, but I haven't been bad at all. Fingers crossed!

Bex - I told everyone at work (I actually had to declare my pregnancy in writing because I am exposed to very small amounts of radiation at work -- this way they monitor me more closely). Today we are telling my extended family at a get-together, and the in-laws will know soon. They are in Aruba right now, so we have to wait till they get back.

Candice - My sister was a little over a week late with her first. Tell everyone to just simmer down! ;)

m1hocker - TWINS!!! OMG that is so exciting! I'm a little jealous -- twins run in my family and I was so hoping for them, but oh well, maybe next time!

Hey girls!

Hocker-twins, again! Wow that is incredieble! Lucky you. Can't wait to see how you do.

Juno- i did not have a hard time with the orange drink. I thought it was good, isn't that weird!

Raynie- i have that same vagina feeling like she is about to fall out! it stinks. Bladder is feeling tons better. I was not catherized but i asked for it but they would not b/c they did not want to stir a hornets nest!! I was begging for it, i hurt so bad and was tired of peeing every 10 minutes!! Yes, 10 minutes! It was crazy!

Since I have been home I have been trying to tie up all the lose ends so that way when she comes it won't be as crazy.

Going to take a nap. Hope everyoneis having a great weekend!

Hello ladies! Just wanted to inform all of you that I woke up freakin pregnant last week lol! I feel like a freakin house! But atleast I feel better without all the people asking if Im eating enough, or if the band is causing problems with the baby and all that....HOWEVER Im still not at my pre-band weight (which is good, I dont mind being that big again because of the pregnancy, but the longer I can hold back the better :biggrin:) It was so weird, I woke up and couldnt get into anything but maternity pants and bigger tops, then I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror lol! My rolls had turned into a gut, it was quiet funny actually.

I went to the Dr. Thursday for my routine visit, and explained to her that I hadnt been feeling the baby move as often as I thought I should. So she took out the doppler thingy and put it on my belly to listen to the hearbeat and to check for frequent movement, and OFCOURSE the baby had to show out for her. She came alive in there lol! You could SEE my tummy going up and down where she was moving....needless to say, I think my Dr thinks Im crazy!

Also, this is a gross TMI Q but I wanted to know, have any of you had a bloody stool? I had a problem with that a week ago, and everyone told me it would be okay. I didnt feel sick or anything, the sight of the blood and stress of it made me a little queasy, but other than that I was cool.

Candice, Im so sori that everyone is stressing you out...I think thats why Ive become such a hermit (for some reason, when people known a pregnant woman they become pregnancy experts lol)....that and my devotion to my school work. Turn the phone on silent, thats what I do hehe, chek it ever so often. Im just praying that Im somewhere close to on time with mine because my mom carried over with older sister like 18 days, and carried over with me 23! Im just hoping its not a genetic thing lol! But eventually the baby will come...my poor friend almost had her baby boy too early so they stopped her labor and put her on bedrest, then the baby came a whole week LATE, that poor dear, she thought it would never be over. Hope you finally get that precious baby out soon so you can hug and kiss him/her. Best of luck (know your probably tired of hearing that kind of stuff, but you need all the luck you can get right now lol :rolleyes:

To the newly pregnant ladies, congrats and hope you have a good pregnancy, dont worry about the band so much...its actually pretty nifty even during pregnancy :biggrin:

Jodie -- I had just a small bit of bloody stool. I mean to ask my doc about it at my appointment tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's because I've been straining a little more than usual. A bit of Colace will probably do the trick. My mom was telling me that when she was preggo with my sister, she was so constipated that she had to take a Colace every other day!

Well if the blood is bright red, it is probably fine. It is probably hemmoroids. Very common in preg try to eat more Fiber and Water.

Nikki thank you and about the brax hicks. If you are just getting over a UTI be careful to watch those Braxton Hicks as UTI is one of the number one causes of preterm labor.

Jodie and all-- I had the same problem with my other 2 pg with the baby not moving and being nervous all the time. Whenever the Dr checked the baby would be doing acrobats. So you know what I did? I rented a doppler to listen to the heartbeat myself. Not one of the Walmart kind and actual medical grade one. I got it from Fetal Doppler for Monitoring at Home - BabyBeat

It was wonderful and gave me such peace of mind. I will be getting one in a few weeks for this pg too. It is only $18 per month. Well worth it for me. They have different types but the $18 a month one works just fine I am a nurse and it is really simular to the one we use at the hospital.

The thing that concerned me about the blood was the amount of it, it scared me half to death, because at first I thought it was coming from my vagina, after a careful check I realized the culprit lol! I havent had any other bouts with it, or any other problems, Im pretty regular so Im not too concerned unless it happens again, however it still freaked me out lol!