Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Hey let me ask all you pregnant ladies. I always thought about how, if I lose weight and get preggy, I can just wear my OLD *bigger* sizes.

Do you have to wear maternity, or can larger sizes work the same way? :smile:

I was able to wear my bigger jean till about 6 months and alot of my bigger shirts were kind of maternity looking. However I did have to buy some maternity pants after the 6th month and I've bought some maternity shirts, but not too much. Yes they were very helpful:)

So is anyones port really sticking out now and has it moved away from the port incision scar? My port is more prominant now and some people think its the baby, I feel so bad not telling them its a port but I didnt want anyone to know:( Also my port is no longer directly under the old incision.

you all crack me up! i also have a huge pet peeve about loud, obnoxious, poorly dressed plus size people. i would NEVER dress like that. i am however, loud and obnoxious!

about the maternity clothes - i lost 60 lbs or so before getting pg. i wore my pre band jeans until about 6 months then i went to 1 pair of preg jeans and i went to avenue and bought the stretch elastic waist pants - some cords and pants and they are VERY comfy and i think will fit until the end. i did buy them 1-2 sizes bigger (22-24) than post band size(20).

i also have found the new baby doll style shirts at lane bryant and avenue in a 26-28 will work well. mostly that big for my boobs. i would never wear baby dolls if i was just plus size but pregnant - they are adorable! motherhood maternity does have plus size but the selection of just so-so.

my preg has pushed myport out too but i am sure it will go away when baby comes!

niecy- My first daugheter measurerd big like that and she was born at 35 weeks. She was healthy as could be and ready to come. SO look at it like that, your precious bundle could be here ealier than you think.

Raynie- wish I could see that baby story. I cringe for that lady. i hope she sees it and does a self check.

How is everyone feeling? I pray Candice is better. Bless her heart, I feel so sorry for her. I don;t go back to the doctor until the 31st but I am so ready to be over the pregnant part. Is anyone else. The weight is piling on now! I feel yucky and big!!!!!

33 weeks pregnant and counting!!!!

I still wear mostly regular clothes vs maternity (mainly because maternity pants are either too big or too small) right now. Im sure that I will have to get into more maternity pretty soon (right now I only have 2 pairs of maternity pants which are TOO TOO big, but the size down is WAY too small. As for tops, if I see a nice maternity shirt that I like, I buy it;otherwise I just buy bigger size tops to save money. Im a penny-pinching fool right now lol! Plus I hate buying new clothes that I know I can only wear for like 3-4 months.

As for my port, it does protrude badly...but everyone thinks its kinda neat/weird at the same time lol! Mine is in an unusual place, so no one thinks its the baby, however it is a neat little "Hey feel this!" thing lol!

Oh BTW: I have found that maternity is SOOOOO much more comfy than regular mainly because of the lack of button digging into my belly lol!

Hey all...we just got home from hubbies vasectomy. He is wonderful and does not remember a thing!!!!

I am doing good, glad it is over. I have my fetal fibernectin test this afternoon and a bladder treatment at 2:30 so I have to go back to the hospital when I really want to go to sleep!

How is everyone?

hey all,

I just wante to pop in quick. I have been hospitalized with Pnemonia since tuesday. They were going to induce me but with pnemonia, they said it was too dangerous. I was put on antibiotics, and morphine for the back pain. I am out on a day pass for the night, so I thought I would just let you all know. What a shitty way to spend the last week of pregnancy!

I am having a toddler.. 9 to 10 lbs minimum they said. My baby was 5.5 lbs at the beginning of December and is in the 95% of being HUGE. I have basically made it to my due date (sunday) so they will have no problems inducing me in the next couple of days unless I start on my own, but with all the monitoring they have been doing over the last couple of days.. no such luck yet. Anyways, I have to go take my meds now and then I can go to bed! I will likely not post again now till baby is born.. so by end of next week I HOPE!

Good luck to everyone

Candice

wow Candice, you poor thing! You really are a trooper! Hang in there sweetie! And thats a huge growth for your baby! hope all is well!

Bex whats a fetal fibernection? Is that a test to see if the babys lungs are ok?

And fairy- I can wear my old 3x clothes- still baggy an it looks sloppy, so I only wear around the house. when I go out I wear my maternity size 2x. the pants are big but the tops are getting a little tighter as the months go by, and my god my tits are getting way too big! :0

~Raynie!

Candice you are in our thoughts!

Raynie- the fetal fibernectin test is to see if I am going into labor. They hook me up to the fetal monitor and then do a vaginal swab to test for some hormone that your body produces within 2 weeks of going into labor. SO far I have been negaitive. I have to do this every Friday until the baby comes. I really thought this baby was coming tonight. I have been cramping again all night that is why I am posting at 4:40 in the moring! Then I got up twice thinking I was going to throw up.

I wonder if it is the bladder infection? I go back to my bladder doctor at 8 this morning.

I am with you on the clothes. I am wearing a 2x maternity but 3x bottomes. I could really go to some 3x tops b/c my belly is huge. SO wish i could post pics. I took a really good one this weekend!

Raynie how fare a long are you now?

Wow Bex you are so cutes!!!!! And I love the crib! /pout cause I am not having a girl. hehe

thanks for telling me what the fiberation thingie is. Good to know! I am about 26-27 weeks now. It seems to be going slower and slower. /sigh

~Raynie!

ps. get some sleep!

Hey ladies,

Well, I am still pregnant! They induced me twice over the last 2 days, and I would not dialate. OMG the pain.. I had the supository first and I went into contractions at 2 am that didnt stop, or take a break inbetween contractions. I went like that till 6 am, and didnt get any pain meds still 4 am, and I wanted more by 5 am! LOL they said uh.. you can only get that much every 4 hours. At anyrate, they had removed the supository at 2:30 am and it took that long for the meds to wear off and my contractions to finally slow down. I am STILL only 2 cms. Then I went to my room for some sleep.. haha got a whole 20 mins in, when they came to get me for the IV induction. Well after 12 hours of that one and no dialation, and the contractions all but stopping while I was on the meds, they decided to take me off the meds, and let me get some sleep, this is now 8 pm last night. I hadn't been aloud to eat, so I was starving of course. Had my hubby bring me some food! I could hardly eat I was so exhausted, I went to sleep, and slept for 10 hours! Then they decided to send me home to let my body rest for a couple days and let ME get some sleep in my own bed. So now I have to go back to the hospital on Thursday morning at 9 am. I am a rare case where an induction doesnt work!! Lets hope it works thursday!! I have had "bloody show" for the last 24 hours now... so maybe it did get something rolling, just not fast enough for me!

I am still coughing a bit, and still have a runny nose, but my back has healed and I dont feel pain there anymore thank goodness!

Anyways, lovely pics bex!

HOpe everyone is well

Candice

I may be joining you all!:tongue: I will let you know tomorrow or the next day. I tested and got a weak positive today. I am retesting tomorrow and probably Friday too!:tt1: Help me think of a neat way to tell hubby! Anyone have ideas?? PS please dont email or pm b/c we share an email and I dont want to blow the surprise! Especially before I am for sure for sure for positive for sure! :wink2:

Jill -- congrats! My first test was a very faint pink line too. I didn't really get to think of anything creative because DH insisted on looking at the test with me.

Candice -- whoa! Two inductions! I can't wait to hear of your new arrival!

Things are going pretty good here. I'm now 8 week preggo. I had my first ultrasound this week and got to see the heartbeat -- how neat! My first official OB visit is on Monday. I still haven't been very sick (only in the evenings... I get a little nausea then if I haven't eaten) and the cramps finally went away.

How's everyone else?