Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

WOW our EDD is the same day and were banded!! This should be an exciting/thrilling ride togerther!

Ok so here is the deal- I had my lapband surgery on May 8,2009:thumbup: My husband deployed for Afghanistan June 12, 2009:frown:. Husband gets back from Afghanistan Sept 19th 2009 ( same day that my period starts):cursing: I had lost 50 lbs by the time my husband arrived.. Oct 16th, 2009 threw up 2 times and went on a crying rampage.....OH NO!!!:redface: 2 Pregnancy tests confirm positive results:ohmy: Expected Delivery Date June 26,2010( one day after my bithday ):). At first I was devastated. I had lost all this weight and now Im going to have to gain it back. I NEVER wanted children in the first place...BUT now I am pretty excited and thrilled about the whole process. I had to get 1 cc unflled leaving me with 6cc in my band currently. No morning sickness or anything, maybe a puking here and there but not enough to have a complete unfill. SO here I am 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow and with FIRST kid.........so what do i do?!?! I am 23 yrs old( still seems to young to have kids to me) and with a husband in the military...this is going to be an interesting ride!!!

Hey pregnant ladies! I'm here to join the club! I'm 9 weeks pregnant, due in June.

I had an unexpectedly early unfill in the hospital a couple weeks ago after my gall bladder acted up. I'm glad I got the unfill--lots of throwing up that week-- but now I'm feeling the hunger creep back in. I've been pretty nauseated, so that has kept the cravings down a bit, but the hunger is creeping in.

Funny, the things I crave aren't the empty calorie foods. I crave sandwiches. LOL I'm trying to steer clear of deli meat and minimize the tuna like I'm supposed to, but the tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread I had for lunch was about the best thing I've tasted in forever.

Hey pregnant ladies! I'm here to join the club! I'm 9 weeks pregnant, due in June.

I had an unexpectedly early unfill in the hospital a couple weeks ago after my gall bladder acted up. I'm glad I got the unfill--lots of throwing up that week-- but now I'm feeling the hunger creep back in. I've been pretty nauseated, so that has kept the cravings down a bit, but the hunger is creeping in.

Funny, the things I crave aren't the empty calorie foods. I crave sandwiches. LOL I'm trying to steer clear of deli meat and minimize the tuna like I'm supposed to, but the tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread I had for lunch was about the best thing I've tasted in forever.

The beginning of my pregnancy I had tuna sandwich cravies too! IT's so weird, i've never been a big tuna fan and they tell you to avoid tuna as it can contain mercury...but alas...anything in moderation right? The REALLY weird thing was not only did I crave tuna sandwiches, but I wanted crushed potato chips ON the sandwiches. My dad used to make them that way when I was a kid, but i've NEVER eaten them that way-especially as my weight got higher, potato chips were not something I EVER bought at the store...so here I was laying in bed at night thinking about tuna and potato chip sandwiches, so finally one day I went out and bought some, made the dang sandwich, ate it and poof the craving was over and done with and it hasn't come back (thank goodness)... so I say go for it, it will pass if you indulge it. (hopefully) :w00t:

That's so funny--I had to talk myself out of the chips that DH brought home (crunched up on the sandwich, of course.)

Strange, strange cravings!

I think the mayo clinic says 12 oz of light tuna (6 of albacore) a week is ok. I figure a single sandwich a week is well within the guidlines. :w00t:

I have been sick since I found out I was pregnant...I have been on Zofran because my nausea is so bad and I have no urge to eat. Nothing ever sounds good and every smell bothers me...I have headaches daily and have no energy....and I am 7 weeks now but have had this alll since 4 weeks....lol...also sore boobs....This is a rough pregnancy for me...The last one, my morning sickness was nothing like this time....

I have been sick since I found out I was pregnant...I have been on Zofran because my nausea is so bad and I have no urge to eat. Nothing ever sounds good and every smell bothers me...I have headaches daily and have no energy....and I am 7 weeks now but have had this alll since 4 weeks....lol...also sore boobs....This is a rough pregnancy for me...The last one, my morning sickness was nothing like this time....

Has your Dr. recommended B6 supplements? I had nauseau and nothing sounded good, the B6 increased my appetite (which by the way is NOT a problem anymore LOL)

That's so funny--I had to talk myself out of the chips that DH brought home (crunched up on the sandwich, of course.)

Strange, strange cravings!

I think the mayo clinic says 12 oz of light tuna (6 of albacore) a week is ok. I figure a single sandwich a week is well within the guidlines. :tongue2:

Good job! I know isn't that the weirdest craving? It's really kind of gross when you think about the fat/salt/grease...gag

I just found out I'm pregnant and I am 3 months post op!!! This was a total "ooops" (my DH and I were going to wait till I was 12 months post op)but I'm excited all the same! I haven't got a chance to tell my surgeon yet but I'm hoping he is not too upset with me :)(this was not intentional, even thought the reason for me getting this surgery was so I could conceive). I'm a first time mom so I'm worried about every little thing going on with my body right now. I had some minor spotting of light pink blood followed by brownish blood only when I wiped a couple of days ago so I was worried about that but the doctor told me it could have been implantation bleeding or that my cervix is really soft and sensitive right now. I've been testing every day since I got my BFP just to make sure I'm still pregnant, I know that probably sounds weird but I'm just so nervous, happy, excited a whole bunch of emotions, and I just don't want anything to go wrong. I hoping all goes well and I come out of this with a successful pregnancy and baby!!!

Anybody with advice I would love to hear it, lol. Thanks.:tongue2:

So when i heard that breast sensitivity was a symptom of pregnancy i was thinking it meant sore nipples or something, but i literally feel like someone has used my boobs as a punching bag! :biggrin: They are sore! hehe. Just thought i might not be alone in this!

I'm so glad I found you all I too recently found out I'm pregnant and it was a litter sooner than I would have liked actually it was on our first try however I'm extremely excited but nervous that I'm not getting enough nutrients. I go for my first appt w/obgyn this Friday 11/20 and I'm going to see my LB surgeon on Thursday 11/19. Much like many of you I still don't fully believe it however my boobs hurt like hell, I'm a bit bloated and my lower back has been really acting up but otherwise so far so good and I'm a little over 6 weeks with a EDD of July 9th. I'll feel so much better when I finally get to the doctor!

I guess I will join the group. Im just found out Im pregnant on Friday the 13th. We have been trying for @ 6months so Im pretty excited. I was banded in June 2008 and am down @ 80 lbs. I dont want to gain to much weight and hope that I can keep my fill in for the duration. Im also on progesterone suppositries due to a previous miscarriage before the band. My est due date is July 19th, my 35th birthday. Although Im sure it will be moved because I didnt ovulate until much later in my cycle.

Good luck to everyone!

I guess I will join the group. Im just found out Im pregnant on Friday the 13th. We have been trying for @ 6months so Im pretty excited. I was banded in June 2008 and am down @ 80 lbs. I dont want to gain to much weight and hope that I can keep my fill in for the duration. Im also on progesterone suppositries due to a previous miscarriage before the band. My est due date is July 19th, my 35th birthday. Although Im sure it will be moved because I didnt ovulate until much later in my cycle.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats and welcome!!

congrads rain im so happy for you.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks China, You always seems to be on the preggo board are you tryin to tell us something?????