Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow molly. I too was surprised I got a date in early May. When she called to schedule I was thinking it would be in July or something. I'm kinda glad I didn't know they submitted to insurance and I was waiting to be approved lol. I would have been a nervous wreck!!

Edited by Tssiemer1

Molly did you have a pain pump in the hospital?

That would be good to not know when we get submitted lol. It makes it less intense and you don't have to worry. You get to start the summer off right too. And you should be healed by the time it is good weather to swim. They didn't have a pain pump for me. They come in every hour to see how your doing too. The pain medicine they give you is called diludid or something like that. I had a hard time keeping my medicine down even through my iv. It was horrible. At one point, I stopped doing the medicine. I wasn't even in that much pain. I stayed an extra night too. But it wasn't bad. They treat you good there. My surgery took about 4 hours. Hot showers will make you feel better too.

@brittanysue12345 I'm seeing Dr. Wheeler. I have at least 3 more visits to go.. Time goes so fast!!

Sent from my N9520 using the BariatricPal App

Time goes by so fast. It's crazy. I did this for 11 months altogether. But it's worth it in the end. If you guys need any advice or help, I'm here. I will try to help the best I can. I'm 5 weeks out. It's definitely rough at first. Make sure you enjoy all your favorites because I miss some of mine.

When you woke up did they immediately start shoving fluids down your throat?

Did you have a catheter?

I graduated with Tim Wheeler so I chose Dr Tompkins. I love him!

I see Dr Wheeler at KDMC Ashland. Have heard good things about Tompkins

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I see wheeler also :)

Sent from my N9520 using the BariatricPal App

Tssiemer, I didn't have a catheter when I woke up. The surgery is about 4 hours long. I went back to surgery around 11 am and was in my room after 4pm I think. I got to the hospital at 8am to beat traffic since I'm from cinci. They give you a inflatable warming blanket in the prep room before hand to keep you warm. My nurse was nice. They couldn't find my veins so they had a pick line nurse come find one. They had one in my inner elbow then the anesthesiologist didn't like that so she shoved it in my wrist. I woke up with one in my right hand. I remember feeling like I had heartburn. I don't remember getting to my room really. They don't really shove liquids down your throat. I didn't drink much and they give you Jello or something eventually or when you want. I got up to use the restroom after I woke up a bit, and I was soooo nauseous. I was dry heaving. It was horrible. I didn't keep my iv medicine down either. One point, I ended up telling them I didn't want them. I wasn't even really in pain. To me, it feels like sore abs from sit ups. Hot showers help so much.

What Vitamins are you using?

Also trying to lose the weight I regained since starting his journey is going to be ridiculous. I wanted to be 275-270 before surgery. I got down to 285 in a few months and now I'm back up to 294. I still kept many of the basics such as eating 4 ounces Protein, lots of Water, no soda, trying to walk (I hurt my back really bad in December and can't really walk all that much because I have a neurological condition called drop foot that I'm dealing with.) and cut out most carbs and sugar. I've been doing this since September. And like I said lost weight at first. It seemed to all go downhill after I had that bad kidney infection in November and then stopped exercising all in December through February.

Nevermind

Edited by Tssiemer1