Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As I was being rolled into a different room today, a nurse was coming into my room and said that she heard that I had the sleeve and she just had hers done 6 weeks ago. She told me it was gonna get better and I didn't really get a chance to talk to her. She's lost 52 pounds. I talked to her as we left and told her how much I appreciate her talking to me. She's on full foods and got hers done there at Good Sam. I had no idea they even did it.

There is a girl who works part time with me and she has insurance through her full time job. She is getting the sleeve at Good Sam. My insurance requires surgery at UC.

52 pounds in 6 weeks, that's crazy! I am so ready. Yesterday's weather made me a little miserable while walking with the kids, it was hot and it's only Feb. i can't do another summer at this weight.

I'm sure UC is better. I mean Good Sam is good too. That's where I delivered my daughter but I feel like UC takes this surgery so serious and it's comforting to know that. Alot of people get frustrated that they have to do all these tests and wait forever but it makes things better for us in the end. I can't wait to know when you have surgery. What's your weight? And how much do you wanna be? I am 245 and wouldn't mind even just being 200. The smallest I would wanna be is 170 maybe.

I'm 5'2 with a HW 232 not including pregnancy. My goal is 150, but I haven't been that weight since middle school. I am pear shaped and carry most of my excess weight in my hips & thighs. I'm a size 18/20 and 1X sometime 2X top. I'm pretty active and get 10K steps a day. I have no comorbidities but have been a 40 BMI the last 10 years.

Sounds great. I'm 5'1 lol. Us short girls. I definitely see you hitting your weight again. I miss being a size 18. I'm jelly. I'm a 24 right now. Hopefully to be a 22 soon. I still have all of my old clothes and luckily my mother in law used to be around my size so me n her share clothes and I have most of her clothes from back in the day. So at least I have some 22s and 18s too. I am doing much better tonight by the way since earlier. No more stomach pains. Mouth is definitely more wet. Been drinking G2 gatorade to help too.

Doing much better today. Been shopping and had to deal with a backed up drain in my basement laundry room. I feel kind of weak whenever I go to stores. It's weird but my body is getting used to my less calories and all that fun stuff. I'm so happy that I'm getting better. sleeping normal too besides stomach.

Glad you're doing well!

Talk me off the ledge group....so anxious waiting for a call. Today makes one week and when I call insurance they say they haven't received a request yet. It's taking everything in me not to call the doctor's office. I need to trust the process and believe everything (including the delay) happens for a reason. I will need to change my official high weight if I keep eating this anxiety....lol

I'm sure you are anxious but look how long you've waited!! You have came this far and soon all this waiting will be worth it! Stay strong! Any day now!!

Went to heart doctor on Monday....lost 4more lbs. Had an abnormal EKG... Which could be anything from my weight and age to a blockage... Praying its just that I'm old. Will be having a stress test to rule blockage out as soon as they schedule it. I really want to pass all these little hurdles and qualify for surgery so I can get back to enjoying my life!

Thanks for the support Kyboo! Did you know or feel like you had any heart issues prior to this process? Hope things go well for you and you can move forward with surgery.

Bloomer, when I talked to my insurance they said they didn't receive my request either then got the call like 2 days later or so. My call took 8 business days. I'm sure you will hear something by the end of the week.

It is nerve racking to sit around and wait though. It will happen. Don't worry and don't get discouraged.

I had my check up with Thompson today. Everything is great. I've lost 15 pounds and I don't have to see him anymore. I see Dr.Ivan in about a month. Can't wait.

Yeah 15 pounds that's awesome! Sounds like you must be feeling better too. When do you go back to work? Did you get any tips on what else you can eat/drink during this time?