Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still here. I had my sleep study last week and now I see the sleep doctor next Thursday to get my c-pap. Then I meet with Ivan to coordinate with my doctors for my medications and I'm under the impression after 30 days on c-pap I can get a date of I'm approved.

Bloomer, I am feeling so much better. It's great. I am happy to be feeling better. The while food deal is getting better. Maybe because puree stage is coming soon lol. I am getting tired of the sweet stuff though n hot stuff like Soup. Dr. Thompson wasn't very friendly today. All he preached to me about what exercise. Looked at my insicions too. That's it. I didn't really have any questions. We pretty much go each month by the day we get out of the hospital. So every 13th of the month, I start each stage. It sucks but I can't wait for time to be here for real food. It feels like forever.

Tssiemer, im.so happy your still with us. I was worried about you for a bit since you aren't on here much anymore. Hopefully you can get surgery done soon too. Probably before Spring. It's gonna be okay.

@Bloomer.... No not really any heart issues...I was only sent to heart doctor because of family history (my brother and maternal grandmother passed away from sudden cardiac death) so hopefully its nothing major.

@@molly so glad to hear you are doing better. 15 pounds is awesome!!

So I called insurance today and they confirmed receipt of my case on 2/17. My case is still in review with a surgery date 3/20 per insurance. I think my doctor has to pick a surgery date in order to get the precert but it doesn't necessarily mean that's the date. I am okay if it is or sooner would be good too. Insurance said to call back Monday.

I could use some good mojo and prayers from everyone.

That's exciting though! That kind of sounds right for a date though since they give you like 3 weeks to get everything done and ready for surgery. That's the time I had left was about 3 weeks. Diane is gonna be the one who calls you. She didn't call me until 6pm at night. But then Erika calls and actually sets up everything so I think you will hear something this coming week for sure.

Had my 2nd month PCP visit today...so far I am down 37.4 lbs since Jan 14. Only 13 more to go and I've reached Dr.Wheeler's goal to proceed with surgery...well after the 6 months is up for insurance requirement.

@@kyboo1972 you are doing great!

@@MollyF22 I exchanges some emails with Diana and called insurance. On Friday insurance requested more clinical studies, on Monday Diana said she provided that information and hoped to have an answer Tuesday. I am up 4.2 pounds from the stress. Yesterday I YouTubed o meditation video to avoid eating. I really need an answer today!

Hoping you get an answer soon Bloomer. Hang in there girl!

I got an email indicating I have been approved!!! Email further stated I will receive a call in a FEW days, WTF, to schedule surgery. Seriously??? I'm thrilled to be approved but the wait is killing me....lol

Aw, I bet they will call by the end of the week. At least you know your approved and it's gonna be here soon. It's gonna happen this month. Like I said, they give you a little over 2 weeks that way you can do classes anf start your diet. Just savor your meals and food because it's gonna be a long while until you enjoy them again.

How are you doing Molly? Are you back at work?

Yay bloomer!!!

I'm doing good. Still stuck at 245. The scale isn't moving. I feel like I'm losing weight though so I guess that's all that matters? I plan to lose another 10 or so before I see Ivan again. Which is March 23rd. I hope I lose weight. I don't really eat much. I start work Saturday for about 4 hours and I get 12 hours next week. 3 different days so I'm pretty excited about it.

Hi! I live in the early and found this thread. I am having my surgery at UC on April 22. I am excited and nervous, but reading about your experiences has helped.