Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outside of being healthy, what are you looking forward to most...

I want.to be able to take pictures full body and not be ashamed!!

Me too.

And I'm with y'all on the boob sweat and sweating in general.

I also want to bike...I've always wanted to. I told my husband that's what I want for Christmas. Gives me a little time to build the self confidence to bike out in the open :-)

I'm looking forward to riding roller coasters with my son again, and not having to ask for a seat belt extension on airplanes! Also not being winded after 1 flight of stairs.

Not hating what I see in the mirror.

I have POSE and failed at about 3.5 years out. I let myself slowly stretch my stomach back out. I've gained back 30 pounds and I was still 30 from goal when I started gaining. My aches and pains are back, my low energy is back, my moodiness and probably mild depression, is back. I am ready to surpass what I was able to do with POSE, take the lessons I learned and go even farther and be the best me I can be. I have a house full of clothes that weren't even goal size that within 4 months I could no longer fit into. I can't' wait to throw all those out because they are too big. I have an 11 year old son who begs me to swim and do things with him and I just deflect. I have a 2.5 year old princess that we tried for for 6 years and I'm letting the most fun years with her pass me by because I'm back in my funk. I'm ready to get back to living and loving and being fun to be around and decreasing the risks for all the weight related diseases I'm headed toward if I don't take care of this crap now. Praying for surgery date early in September.

I echo so much of what you all say. I am leaving for a business trip on Monday and am driving with a colleague for 9.5 hours because I am to heavy to be comfortable on a plane. I also will be the only one at this meeting who can not fit into the tshirt everyone wears for the group picture.

I want to walk up the three flights of stairs to my apartment without feeling like I am going to keel over. I want to be able to stop avoiding cameras and mirrors. My parents don't have a picture of me to include with my siblings and their children's pictures because I have avoided the camera for 20 years.

I have worked hard on my depression and to get binge eating under control over the last two years and I am working on loving myself for who I am on the inside. I just also want to feel comfortable in my skin even if I end up having extra of it.

I want to have energy to clean my house.

I want to look nice and want to take pictures with my family.

I want to feel lighter and be able to move easy and fast.

I want to be able to wear all the nice clothes i still have waiting for me in my closet.

I want to go places and to family and friend's events without being embarrassed that i gained so much weight.

I want to be able to dress and care for myself easily. Be able to put on socks without a struggle.

But most of all I want to be rid of medicines, cpap and know I will have a healthy life to look forward to for my daughter but mainly for me.

Not feeling embarrassed to eat in front of people. As my weight has gone up I have become so self conscious I've become a closet eater. Raising my 2 daughters and being able to go for long walk or bike rides with them. Teaching them to feel beautiful will be easier if they have a mom who doesn't struggle to find something decent to wear besides stretchy pants. I don't want to wake up everyday with the thought that I'm fat and unhealthy. I just want to wake up and enjoy the day not cringe when I see myself. Maybe that alone will help my girls have a happier healthier body image if they have a confident healthy mom whose life is not revolved around food and terrible body image. Lastly I hope my husband desires me more its a sad but very true thought. So many reasons but a long healthy life is number one

Being able to wipe without contorting my body or breaking the toilet seat.<--------- Ummmmm Yeah....THAT!

Sad as it may be....yes!

OMG I'm right there with you! So very true. ????????

Crossing my legs again, being able to make it grocery shopping without being exhausted, buying sexy undergarments and lingerie, having my husband pick me up when we kiss, not having to tell people I skipped a meal as an excuse for wanting to eat when no one else is, keeping up with my kiddos, taking the kids out to do more activities, start accepting offers to birthday parties or gatherings with friends that I would otherwise be uncomfortable going to, the list goes on and on

Being able to wipe without contorting my body or breaking the toilet seat.<--------- Ummmmm Yeah....THAT!

Sad as it may be....yes!

Omg, I say all the time, I'm looking forward to my arms growing. People look at me odd. But, it's true. Losing weight=wiping with ease.

Sad as it may be....yes![/

Oh thank God! I thought that was just me

Edited by agwj71

A sports car, easier time with airline travel, active in hobbies but most of all being more active with my family.

One thing I didn't expect, but I am most gratified with is my kids are inspired by my weight loss and change in lifestyle. They are changing their way of living and are now exercising and eating healthier. Two told me just how exciting it was to see the changes I've made and they want that in their lives. It's great to be a good example and not be a nag.

Way too many to list them all, but for a few; shopping and clothes, traveling (the whole plane seat thing as well as having the energy to actually DO thing while traveling), I have always wanted to sky dive or bungee jump, not declining invitations to go out just because I don't want to be seen the way I am, not always being the driver when going out because I know that my seatbelt fits but others might not, not being exhausted after very little exertion, going to the beach in summer, like I said, way to many to list at once.