Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outside of being healthy, what are you looking forward to most...

Thank you ❤ and I agree ???? I was talking to my son about the surgery (hes advanced for being 6) when we were watching "my 600lb life" on tv. He asked if that's the surgery I was getting. I explained no but its similar. He said he didn't want me to have it because he loved me how I am, which of course made me tear up (I've been REALLY emotional lately). I explained I was doing it to be healthy not to be pretty but its definitely a perk. He then said "mommy you're already pretty but you'll be able to wear your new high heels that u love" lol

Having more energy to enjoy my granddaughter . My husband and I have only been married little over 2 year but dated for 5. We both have gained a lot I have about 30# he has about 55#. And this might be TMI-- but it has really affected owe sex life.???????????? Yeap I just laid it out there. Tired of being hot sweating like a pig all the time. And my face is plum square it's so fat.

Glitterpockets -- I am with you about the heals...my feet look like Miss Piggies in my heals..like a mushroom stuck in a heal...lol

Thank you ❤ and I agree ???? I was talking to my son about the surgery (hes advanced for being 6) when we were watching "my 600lb life" on tv. He asked if that's the surgery I was getting. I explained no but its similar. He said he didn't want me to have it because he loved me how I am, which of course made me tear up (I've been REALLY emotional lately). I explained I was doing it to be healthy not to be pretty but its definitely a perk. He then said "mommy you're already pretty but you'll be able to wear your new high heels that u love" lol

Lol!! My son, who is a teenager, has been telling me for years that I'm not fat. I always wonders if he really doesn't see me as fat because I'm his mama or if he's just being nice. I realized though, that I need to stop saying things like that. I have a young daughter who I really want to set a better example for...health wise. She is just a baby still, and I want to do all that I can so she never has to experience things I have when it comes to being over weight. I want her to remember healthy me... Not tired, obsese, sad me.

@@Monnie815 haha same here! And I love shoes!

@@HopeandAgony my kids know overweight people are still people. They know they have feelings that can be hurt also and they're no different we just have issues with our weight. That weight doesn't make someone pretty or ugly. Its all about health, but skinny people can be unhealthy too which is why we watch what we bring into our household food wise.

Wearing a pair of heels would be nice too!!

@@HopeandAgony Looking like a Victoria secret model!!!! Lol! Ha! Not really, I would say doing a fabulous pin up shoot once I hit goal! Really I've always wanted to do that! I have a friend who had GB and she did one after losing weight, it turned out really cute!

@@HopeandAgony Looking like a Victoria secret model!!!! Lol! Ha! Not really, I would say doing a fabulous pin up shoot once I hit goal! Really I've always wanted to do that! I have a friend who had GB and she did one after losing weight, it turned out really cute!

LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

I so feel you on the neck thing. I refuse to wear a necklace because it just doesn't look right on my no neck body. I can't wait to have a neck again!!!!

I so feel you on the neck thing. I refuse to wear a necklace because it just doesn't look right on my no neck body. I can't wait to have a neck again!!!!

Haha. My neck has its own rolls. I am constantly pinching them. I haven't seen collar bones since I was a freshman in high school. While part of me is thrilled at the thought of a neck, another small part of me is concerned what will happen to the rolls. Will they turn into wrinkly hanging skin? If so I am going to have to save for plastic surgery!

I think what I am most looking forward to are being able to shop for clothes without having to go online, being able to ride rides at amusement parks, being able to fly without being so uncomfortably cramped, and being able to see more live events (theater, opera, sports, etc) because the seats won't be so tight.

I am adding to my running list that I want to be able to take a picture without cocking my head or body at just the right angle to make myself seem thinner than I am.

Edited by TXTinana

@@TXTinana or having a prop or person standing in fron while the picture is taken. I can relate.

Not buying clothes that always have flowers on them or are gathered across the bust line.

Having my heart shaped face back.

Being able to wipe without contorting my body or breaking the toilet seat.

Flying

Sitting in a chair without wondering if I will end up on the floor.

Thinking I will fit through somewhere only to knock everything over or getting stuck.

Getting on a crowded elevator without someone getting off.

To get on the floor with my grandchildren and not having to crawl to a piece of furniture and take 5 minutes to get up.

Not being restricted to shopping at plus size stores. And, not feeling like exercise is a battle against my body. It's a tie...

Oh, and not needing to ask for a seat belt extender on the airplane!!