Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

struggling with liquid diet (August 5th surgery)

I weighed this morning for the first time since starting the pre-op diet and am down 10 lbs. so far. 11 more days until I reach the other side!

@@TXTinana We must be close to the same day of surgery! Good luck girl!

@@theatrejo I go in on the 17th, you? And good luck to you as well!

EDIT: I now see your surgery date in your signature lol

Edited by TXTinana

Seeing results finally is making me feel much better about this pre-op diet and has re-energized me to push through it!

Seeing results finally is making me feel much better about this pre-op diet and has re-energized me to push through it!

@@TXTinana

Congrats!!! That's great!!!

I'm on the second week of the pre-op diet and am down 10 pounds so far. I had Monday and Tuesday off work for a family visit and felt fine but when I returned to a stressful workday on Wednesday I felt weak and confused and had a hunger headache. I ended up going home about an hour early (best boss EVER!) So I ate extra veggies at dinner last night and had twice the Protein Shakes this morning and an extra piece of fruit for a snack. All allowed foods but in higher quantities to get me through these last two days of work before surgery.

SO EXCITED for the 11th of August and the weeks after. Feeling positive about getting up and walking in the hospital and getting home and better as quickly as possible. Will follow the program and keep it honest and up-beat.

Good luck to all of us.

TxTinana

Awesome job! Feels great right- i lost 10lbs also as of today and we both started preop on same day.

I kept thinking I have to lose something I don't want to show up on Monday and weigh in with same weight. What will they say lol. But 10lbs feels great. I notice i can lift myself a little better and even dressing is easier. I like the outcomes!

Congrats to KarenLoh also a "Big Loser " of unwanted pounds! !!

Edited by rln52

Congrats to you as well @@rln52

Pre op diet over. Today in 1 hour is my surgery! Final weight 194.9lbs preop. Lost 12 lbs. Feel lighter clothes fit better. Will start new post after surgery : post op diet. Look for me there! !!

Edited by rln52

4 days now post op. Feeling better today. Still having to be drinking constantly to try n get inu Protein n liquids. 60 ounces is really impossible for me

I think 30 ounces is what i may have done in the past. The pain is minimal. I don't get hungry. Walking throughout the day indoors since the heat outside is awful. Good luck to all going in August.

Edited by rln52

Do u feel when you sip ur liquids more air is filling up ur intestines I am 10 days post op and having this issue with gas I continue taking gas x but it seems like I cant burp and fart enough lol

Niki15

I am passing gas and burping. I can feel stomach - intestines rumbling but no pain comes from this. I think its all that air they blew us up with and GI tract adapting to the change. But its okay so far. I don't use anything for it. Now that i have had Protein drinks for 2 days am wondering when I will have a BM. I take very small sips but yes i do feel gruggling in my intestine with the shakes. How is your mobility and are you able to drink 60 ounces of liquids per day?

Edited by rln52