Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

struggling with liquid diet (August 5th surgery)

Hi All

I'll be having my surgery on August 5th (the day after my 29th birthday) and I'm on day 1 of my liquid diet.< /p>

This. Is. Not. Easy.

These Protein things are not my cup of tea. I've got GNC Lean 25 in chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies & cream. I'm finding them to be too sweet, too syrupy in texture and just...not what I like. Can anyone suggest a protein that is maybe not a "shake" or a "smoothie"?

THANK YOU!

You can th to get samples of different Protein. Try Vitamin lady and nashua Vitamins.

There's a chike caramel that's delicious.

Edited by Nyelaah

Syntrax Nectar. I like the Roadside Lemonade and Fuzzy Naval flavors. And also, Isopure Protein drinks are okay. I've tried their Apple Melon and pineapple Orange banana flavors.

at costco........Premier Protein.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury website has a sample pack, but this is online ordering.

I noticed we are having same surgeon! Maybe I'll see you at support group tomorrow.

~Jamila

I am 3 weeks post. Was fine with Adkins pre surgical but can't keep them post surgical.

I use Unjury Protein. It is great perfect in the blender with skim milk and ice. Makes a great smoothie. What the foam/froth post surgery it may upset your tummy.

Unjury is bought online their chocolate splendor is great vanilla too and the unflavored goes great in addition to my purees. It has the highest protein count and lowest carb I can find.

My favorite recipe

Is the chocolate spledor, PB2 Peanut Butter powder, 1 whole banana, skim milk & ice. Even without the banana it's like drinking a reeses cup!!!

Good luck with surgery!!

Day 1 for me as well - oh what fun ! Likes injury chicken Soup stuff - awesome - am still hungry but I will survive

I can relate completely. I'm on day 7 of my liquid diet and it's brutal. I drink the Syntrax Nectar Proteins as well. They are great mixed with Water and they are not thick and syrupy like the premade shakes. The fuzzy navel and chocolate torte are my favorites. They're light and watery which is what I needed because I hated the consistency and taste of the Premier Protein shakes I was drinking.

You guys are lucky I am on day 2 surgery August 4th and I cannot choose my drinks cannot have broth only SF Jello SF popsicles and SF carnation instant Breakfast ...talk about suffering lol.. But It will all be worth it ..Just remember we are excited to meet the new us!!

I am on day 3 and can only have the Protein powder my doctor provided, sugar free Jello and Popsicles, and one cup of broth per day. Day one was way harder than I thought it would be. I wasn't hungry but all the sweet shakes were killing me. Plus I couldn't get the sweet taste out of my mouth no matter how much I brushed or used mouthwash.

I have found a few things that have helped me and now on day three I am doing really good!

1. I bought some Folgers individual Decaf instant coffee packets. Look like Crystal Light and were $1.00 a box at Target (7 servings in a box). I mix one packet with my shake and add a little sugar free caramel Syrup (Torani). It taste like Starbucks to me. I make sure it is ice cold or serve over ice.

2. I drink a few sips of broth after each Protein Shake. Seems to cut the sweet taste from my mouth.

3. Bought Biotene mouthwash and it helps with the sweet taste in my mouth as well.

Hang in there...it will get better and be oh so worth it!

The decafe coffee I bought sucks it eight o clock decafe I need a stonger tasteing Decaf and ideas on that?

I go on 29 th to set surgery date. And I know I will have problems with the sugary drinks so I have been saving the juice off peas, Beans and got Protein u flavored power to put in then to help me get my Protein in. I can have SF-- jello-- Popsicles-- pudding then clear last few days.

Good luck keep us posted on things that are working for yall

Try whatever brand vanilla Protein and use that as your "base." Add fruit and almond milk or fruit juice and blend. Here are a few of my faves:

banana walnut- Protein powder, frozen banana, almond milk, walnuts and one stevia packet- optional.

Peanut butter/banana- Protein Powder, frozen banana, PB2 powder, almond milk, and one stevia packet-optional.

Tropical fruity: Protein powder, frozen mango, frozen pineapple, frozen Strawberries, orange or pineapple juice. *One stevia packet if the fruit is not sweet.*

Edited by prettyinPINKandGREEN

My surgery is Aug 5th as well. Day 1 on the liquid diet for me and it was easy until i got home. Im thinking i will need to keep super busy at night until i get used to this. Good luck friends!

Maybe if you have family and have to cook. Go big cook meals that can be eaten 2 nights. Maybe get a book to read.