Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st of July: July sleevers - how are we all feeling?

@@littlebuddy213 Wonderful news ! Make sure you let us know how you are after the op

~ Hugs ~

Kate

I'm having surgery on the 17th and I feel like crying every time I think about it.. I don't think it because I'm scared more extremely excited I'm such an emotional person.... I think that's why I'm over weight cause my hormones are out of whack LOL

I'm having surgery on the 17th and I feel like crying every time I think about it.. I don't think it because I'm scared more extremely excited I'm such an emotional person.... I think that's why I'm over weight cause my hormones are out of whack LOL

Lol

Mine is July 29th and I'm excited now but I know I will get scared and panicky as the date approaches. Today I submitted my short term disability claim and ordered all of my post op Vitamins and several Protein powders. I have to start my miserable 2 week pre-op diet and see my surgeon on 7/15 for my final pre-surgery appt. I hope the time goes by fast!

Surgery date 7/21. Excited to be close to my new lifestyle. Start fatty liver diet shakes on Monday 7/6.

Surgery is July 6th! I have been on pro-op diet since Sunday morning, so on day 5 now and doing really well. Yesterday was my last day at Work until I return on the 14th....so trying to keep myself busy so I can be distracted from any hunger I might have. Really think it's all in the mind though and how determined you are.

Just tried Unjury unflavored Protein in Water with Miso (like crystal light) ... It made it a little milky looking and with a bit of vanilla flavoring. Not too bad because it adds 21 grams of protein to my water... Awesome!!! I will try the chicken broth unjury protein tonight for dinner. I am also drinking 3 Protein Drinks a day. Premiere protein is what I had seen others promote. They sell it online as well as Walmart and SAMs. sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles, and lots of Decaf tea!! Bahama Bucks "thin ice" is sugar free and a real treat! Hope you all have one close by.

I wish the BEST to everyone and hope you all are doing well!

surgery date is July 17th. First day on the pre-op diet. Had a headache but that is normal for me when I eat less. Can't wait for this to be done and over. Feeling ab it like when someone dies and your life is on hold till after the funeral. Time to get on with what comes next. Good luck to everyone.

I have my preop meeting with the Nut on Monday. Then it's my 2 week liquid diet with surgery on the 21. Having seen DH go through surgery makes all the more real. Still nervous about the process. Trying to mentally prepare myself with familiarizing with all the stage 1 baby food choices available.

It's my birthday the day before surgery 23/07/15 so we went out tonight for a meal to Celebrate early and champagne

~~ whoot ~~

I had a lovely chicken and advacado salad and although I NEVER have puddings I shared a very small chocolate pudding with the Man (and when I say small it was TINY) We went to see a play, which was really good so all in all a lovely night out.

One more day then I start the pre op diet. I can hardly wait ! lol.

Hugs

Kate

Surgery is the 13th. I have no strict preoperative diet except for the day before surgery. I've cut out sugar, pop, and most carbs. I've lost 8 lbs or so. Starting to get very anxious and nervous,!!

I am two days shy of having my sleeve surgery. I am so stinking hungry! My brother smoked pork butt for the celebration today and I had sugar-free Jello, vegetable juice, and Water. Is it wrong that I snuck a piece and chewed and chewed until all the flavor was gone, then I spit it out. I've got one more day of all clear liquid diet! My family is asking me if I'm sure I want this done or if I'm excited about it. I'm getting a little anxious. I feel a little deprived. When I got the call from the scheduler, the date she gave me was August 18th. I asked if there happened to be a cancellation, if they could bump me up. That's when they were able to get me on July 6th. I went straight to the all clear liquid diet and didn't get the opportunity to have the "last supper". Is that wrong?

surgery date is July 17th. First day on the pre-op diet. Had a headache but that is normal for me when I eat less. Can't wait for this to be done and over. Feeling ab it like when someone dies and your life is on hold till after the funeral. Time to get on with what comes next. Good luck to everyone.

I'm July 17th also -- started my pre-op liquids yesterday. I have a headache, but really bad stomach problems. I'm having intense cramping and have repeatedly had painful times in the restroom. I'm worried. I'm not sure what to do...

I am two days shy of having my sleeve surgery. I am so stinking hungry! My brother smoked pork butt for the celebration today and I had sugar-free Jello, vegetable juice, and Water. Is it wrong that I snuck a piece and chewed and chewed until all the flavor was gone, then I spit it out. I've got one more day of all clear liquid diet! My family is asking me if I'm sure I want this done or if I'm excited about it. I'm getting a little anxious. I feel a little deprived. When I got the call from the scheduler, the date she gave me was August 18th. I asked if there happened to be a cancellation, if they could bump me up. That's when they were able to get me on July 6th. I went straight to the all clear liquid diet and didn't get the opportunity to have the "last supper". Is that wrong?

Is it wrong to have missed a 'last supper'.. that would only be able to be answered by yourself for yourself. Would you have gorged yourself with all sorts right before going onto the pre op liquids? Would that have made things harder for you or easier?

Congratulations on your journey. Be sure to let us all know how you are afterwards!!

Hugs

Kate

@Cognorati001 Are you drinking enough Water with the shakes? Are you walking to get things 'moving' ?

I hope you feel better soon, maybe speak to your doctor if it continues.

Hugs

Kate

I probably would have gorged myself. I will trust that God knows what he is doing! It is only by his grace that all of this is happening in the time it is!